Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Lambert banned for two matches

[quote user="knockout nick"]not really gonna make much difference, see the players before the game and at half time, also be in contact with the bench all game[/quote]

And the fans in full voice chanting Lamberts yellow army, I hope we never get Oliver again because I would fear his safety  

In all seriousness though anyone know what the rule is regarding these touchline bans? Could we just put him in the front row of the City Stand or does he have to be a certain distance from the pitch?

Maybe we could have him standing above the tunnel in the Waller gantry!

Whilst I am annoyed that Lambert''s got a 2 game ban, it was his language that got him into trouble which has been admitted by him. However, that does not excuse the fact that Michael Oliver has seemingly got away with making mistakes.No-one is perfect and people make mistakes or rash judgements when incensed (a la Lambert). Michael Oliver''s seem too frequent yet nothing is being done. In any other job/profession, mistakes of this magnitude would be subject to investigation and an action plan to be put in place to prevent them being made again. Has the FA does this? No, sweet fa done by the FA... [:@]

Shame we couldn''t read the transcripts of what Lambert said in the tunnel

Shame there isn''t a means of letting the fans pay the fine. Not that the amount will cripple either the club or Lambert but as a means of showing our dusgust with the refereeing of Olver.

It would be about 10p each.

[quote user="DOGGER"]Just out of interest, would the club pay the fine?[/quote]possibly.. whether Lambert will have it docked from wages or have to pay it back to the club himself is a matter for them to discuss

[quote user="City1st"]Shame we couldn''t read the transcripts of what Lambert said in the tunnel

Shame there isn''t a means of letting the fans pay the fine. Not that the amount will cripple either the club or Lambert but as a means of showing our dusgust with the refereeing of Olver.

It would be about 10p each.[/quote]How about a load of irate City fans sending the FA some sternly worded emails. Surely that''s a better way to show our disgust!

This is what I tweeted to the fadotcom site after they posted news of Lamberts fine and suspension.

@thefadotcom maybe you could use that £2,500 to put Michael Oliver through an eye test, or at least some level of referee training.

I''m not expecting a reply....

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

In all seriousness though anyone know what the rule is regarding these touchline bans? Could we just put him in the front row of the City Stand or does he have to be a certain distance from the pitch?

Maybe we could have him standing above the tunnel in the Waller gantry!

[/quote]The whole things sounds like a farce and good news to me.In the EDP today it said he can sit in the stands,do his pre match AND half time team talks.It''s only during play he can''t access the dug out/changing room.Even then he''s allowed to keep in touch by mobile phone.So don''t worry we will still get that half time team talk :)

Although it shouldn''t have happened I doubt it will matter too much.  As others have said he can still do the team talks and keep in contact with the bench by phone and I suppose a plus is that whilst all this frantic derby match stuff is going on he can keep calm and look down on the pitch and think tac-tics.  Also Culverhouse will still be there and he knows more about the derby than both Keane and Lambert and he really is our unsung hero so we will be in safe hands.