Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Snake Pit Chavs

I have 2 season tickets in the Lower Barclay, but on Sat against Leeds I went and sat with a mate in the Snake Pit whilst my Dad and bro sat in ours.

Anyway I was amazed by the amount of little chavs that hang out in the pit! To give them credit they sang, but their songs didn’t make sense, they just shouted c*^t at anything or anyone. They heard one older fan start singing about Galatasaray so like little chav sheep they followed suit, not even knowing the relevance to the words they were singing. All they were interested in doing was stirring trouble with the police and stewards so they can tell stories to their mates about how hard they are because they were almost kicked out......... I even had one of them shouting down my ear for 90 mins ‘come on korey, good tackle korey, etc etc’ even though Korey Smith wasn’t even on the bench.

Now I’m only talking about a small % of the ‘fans’, for the majority it was like being back in block E, some great banter and fantastic atmosphere. But im glad I don’t have to put up with the mindless chav brigade week in week out, im not sure I could handle it!

Cant friggin wait for Ipswich...

OTBC

I sit low down in the snake pit and have no idea where all these little chavs have sprung up from.I guessed it was the barclays over spill :).Thought the pit was for ageing barclay boys lol.Like you say some credit to them they did make noise.Didn''t hear any of the Galatasaray chants myself.

*shrugs*I guess when you pick your seats you pick them for a reason, as I went for a ticket with my dad who''s in his mid 60''s we went for the Jarold.We and the people around us were equally amused by "Steve" a fair weather fan who snuck in for a big match who was standing up and screaming random drivel like he wanted to be in the Snake Pit.We shoulda told him to shush as the old boy in the seat behind him was trying to sleep.... the oike !

I stood for 90 mins in the Snakepit and thought the atmosphere was like the old days and didn''t hear one word spoken about Galatasaray. Many of us older lot are ex Barclay Boys and like the banter but would soon tell any Chav to shut-it if we heard that. There is a line you don''t cross.

However, lets not forget the wonderful Leeds fans who sang through Sir Matts minutes silence, call the Mancs "Munichs", and sing the words to songs relating to that tragedy I wouldn''t put on here. No respect. Scum. However, two wrongs don''t make a right if you did in fact hear that sort of shit coming from City "fans". Sad.

I think I''ve come across this ''Steve'' He somtimes appears in the Riverend and thinks he''s in the Barclay!

Might not be the same bloke but a bit of a concidence.

MTV back on your moral high ground? For someone who''s followed football for decades,you seem more akin to opera. You selling the watchtower next Sunday during the scum game?

Oh dear MR whittle has just got up, did you misses bring you a cuppa and switch on your laptop?

Obviously getting a bit of an obssesion with me. I''m proud! But if you are going to follow me around you will have to brush up on your insults old mate!

Last time I was ''hurt'' like that I was in the playground!

So come on whittle, get with it, step up or shut up!

Not good enough Whittle...come on you can do better than that? Try a bit of female comparison! Thats always worth a laugh! Or you could throw in a little Homo phobia or vegetable likeness........just think back to your school days if you get stuck!

[quote user="Hard Cell"]I stood for 90 mins in the Snakepit and thought the atmosphere was like the old days and didn''t hear one word spoken about Galatasaray. Many of us older lot are ex Barclay Boys and like the banter but would soon tell any Chav to shut-it if we heard that. There is a line you don''t cross.

However, lets not forget the wonderful Leeds fans who sang through Sir Matts minutes silence, call the Mancs "Munichs", and sing the words to songs relating to that tragedy I wouldn''t put on here. No respect. Scum. However, two wrongs don''t make a right if you did in fact hear that sort of shit coming from City "fans". Sad.[/quote]Like you I''m an older ex Barclay Boy and also thought there was a great atmosphere on Saturday, I''m on Row E and there were a few chants that tried to get started about Galatasaray from a few rows behind mine, it sounded as if was a couple of guys who are old enough to know better, not the kids, they soon got sung over though.Looking forward to another 90mins standing, a great atmosphere and losing my voice again on Sunday.

It seems to me, that alot of the older hooligans have been banned, or moved to another part of the ground, or just fed up with todays prawn brigade.. or that they have handed the baton over to the new generation of chav/hoolgan

[quote user="zemas tendon"]It seems to me, that alot of the older hooligans have been banned, or moved to another part of the ground, or just fed up with todays prawn brigade.. or that they have handed the baton over to the new generation of chav/hoolgan[/quote]

I think some have watched the movies that to them are ''cool'' and I think they aspire to them rather than see them as a lesson. Unfortunately they aren''t the real deal and just end up mouthing off - which in all honesty I would prefer rather than things getting violent.

To be honest i cannot recall hearing any chants about Galatasaray in the Snakepit Saturday. There was a very good atmosphere and it was stewarded with a great deal of common sense.There seems to be a growing trend here to belittle and mock this group of young fans in the Snakepit. To me ... their only crime is being passionate about Norwich City. Its true that perhaps they could be a touch more diplomatic and reserved in the way they show it, but we all support Norwich in our own ways .... Isn''t that true????

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]You bore me to MTV so the feeling is mutual, how is the green gimp? How is your neice who got sacked from the coachmakers?[/quote]You seem to have a rather unhealthy obsession with mtv Arthur.Bringing his family into your little tantrum is a bit much don''t you think?How would you feel if someone did a bit of digging into your extended family and posted their findings on here in a cheap dig?

"How is your neice who got sacked from the coachmakers? "

Oh Whittle you sad little man. Not one of mine I''m afraid! But just show how low a p r i c k like you is prepared to go eh? As for my 17 year old son who sometimes wears a morph suit, well he''s fine thanks for asking (bit odd that obssesion with him isnt it?) Must have drove you mad, watching in the comfort of your council house, at the Reading game, loads of kids in Morph suits, I even saw blokes in tutu''s. Oh I can see it now, you with you shirt open ,chest hair sticking through your string vest, fat gut bulging over your trousers, lager in one hand fag in the other......"look at them mawther, twernt like that in my day, men were men, look at them besmerching the name of my club dressing like jessies"

Difference was Whittle, they were there supporting their team, while you were sat on your fat backside at home whinging like an old woman.

Any more personal insult old man?  bring them on!

Okay I over stepped the marks with regards to family...but I would just like to say,I own my own Victorian house in the city centre,I have a second home in Derbyshire and property in Hungary where my business is based. Oh and I''ve been a season ticket holder for years.The rest is right petal xx

[quote user="mtv"]

"How is your neice who got sacked from the coachmakers? "

Oh Whittle you sad little man. Not one of mine I''m afraid! But just show how low a p r i c k like you is prepared to go eh? As for my 17 year old son who sometimes wears a morph suit, well he''s fine thanks for asking (bit odd that obssesion with him isnt it?) Must have drove you mad, watching in the comfort of your council house, at the Reading game, loads of kids in Morph suits, I even saw blokes in tutu''s. Oh I can see it now, you with you shirt open ,chest hair sticking through your string vest, fat gut bulging over your trousers, lager in one hand fag in the other......"look at them mawther, twernt like that in my day, men were men, look at them besmerching the name of my club dressing like jessies"

Difference was Whittle, they were there supporting their team, while you were sat on your fat backside at home whinging like an old woman.

Any more personal insult old man?  bring them on!

[/quote]

anything wrong with living in a council house mtv?

[quote user="Henry"]
There seems to be a growing trend here to belittle and mock this group of young fans in the Snakepit. To me ... their only crime is being passionate about Norwich City. Its true that perhaps they could be a touch more diplomatic and reserved in the way they show it, but we all support Norwich in our own ways .... Isn''t that true????
[/quote]

Too right, there should be no problem with that. English Football has been set on that scene for a long time...since when has Football been a picnic or debate about pensions?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]You bore me to MTV so the feeling is mutual, how is the green gimp? How is your neice who got sacked from the coachmakers?[/quote]

You seem to have a rather unhealthy obsession with mtv Arthur.
Bringing his family into your little tantrum is a bit much don''t you think?
How would you feel if someone did a bit of digging into your extended family and posted their findings on here in a cheap dig?
[/quote]

LOL, hilarious, because none of you have ever brought my family into things on this thread have you...........cabbages.

[quote user="mtv"]

watching in the comfort of your council house[/quote]

Whats the matter with council estates? Most of my family come from council houses/flats, have you got something agaainst council estates?

Try readin ALL the posts then you would not have needed to post that little comment!

[quote user="mtv"]Try readin ALL the posts then you would not have needed to post that little comment![/quote]

Ok, ive read all the posts, and although Whittle was crosssing a line, so are you. Does that make it ok.

You seeem to have drawn up an image in your head of everyone in a council estate, puffing on spitty roll ups, drinking tesco beer.

So I ask you again, are you superior to those that live on council estates? May be news to you but a large majority of City fans come from council estates, or did you think we were too poor to support the club?