Sign in to follow this  
crowey66

I REALLY HOPE THIS RUMOUR IS NOT TRUE.........

Please no slating ,heard this today and i dont know if there is any truth in in it at all.Im posting just in case others have heard anything simalar.Apparently WBA want Hoolahan and are willing to swap Barrett for him.Praying this is rubbish.

Have heard that the relationship with the manager is not great...... Would take Leon plus Cash for hotlips as I trust Lambert to find a suitable replacement.

Not that I want him to go....

There''s probably a fair bit of truth in both rumours.

With Delia set to be transfered to Lidl there maybe any number of moves in the new year.

Delia has been seen recording her new advertising slogan "every lidl helps" so it must be true - though why she would want to do it in Morrisons I''ve no idea.

Well, I have to say that some people are already asking how PL will fit in both Surman and Hooly, even if their gifts are slightly different. If both could play, we would certainly provide creativity in abundance, but with only Korey and Crofts defending we could let in loads of goals.

But others are saying that Barnet will be a Bosman in the summer, so would he be worth as much as Hooly? Certainly Hooly is much more important to us than them.

My main doubt about the veracity is whether Hooly could be a Premiership player. He is an unknown quantity at that level.

I personally think it''s rubbish, heard the West Brom rumours before though.

Lambert won''t want to sell anybody until the season finishes.

Imagine the backlash if he sold him and we then struggled going forward for the rest of the campaign.

He''s far too important to the overall team stratergy this season, plus would WBA be that intrested in someone that has never played in the Prem?

[quote user="Salopian"]

But others are saying that Barnet will be a Bosman in the summer, so would he be worth as much as Hooly? [/quote]By the same token Hoolahan will also be a Bosman in the summer.I have to say, that fact concerns me considerably more than this rumour.

Rubbish. Hoolihan is 29 and hasn`t even really proved himself in the Champs, let alone the Prem. Don`t get me wrong, i like him and he`s a handy weapon for us, but he is not a Prem player.

i would''nt be to bothered if this was true, lambert and wes have clearly fallen out, and with surman back i dont mind the swap

maybe keep lansbury for the rest of the season too..... good deal for me

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]I agree. Our best prospect. Very saleable though.[/quote]

Korey?

Maybe to smaller/weaker clubs in this league and to clubs in League 1 but I doubt he''s done enough for anyone with any clout to have taken much notice.

One full season, one league trophy, and still only 18. Word is that he''s had scouts looking at him for a while, and if we don''t look like challenging this season, he has more potential than any orther player, and we may cash in. I''m not saying it''s true, just heard it on the grapevine.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Rubbish. Hoolihan is 29 and hasn`t even really proved himself in the Champs, let alone the Prem. Don`t get me wrong, i like him and he`s a handy weapon for us, but he is not a Prem player.[/quote]

Blackpool have a team that is full of non-premiership players and they are not doing too badly are they . A good team is one that is better than a sum of all of its parts and good managers achieve that. Thus I think that Hoolahan could do a good job in the Prem as well as many of our current players under a manager such as Lambert. If Hoolahan stays with us he could well be in the Prem next season anyway IMO. We really must hold onto all of our assets in January if we want a good run at promotion and I''m sure that the board are aware of this. If Barnett has to return to WBA then so be it as we have other centre-backs in reserve, and I''d rather we keep Hoolahan.

[quote user="Buzz Killington"]One full season, one league trophy, and still only 18. Word is that he''s had scouts looking at him for a while, and if we don''t look like challenging this season, he has more potential than any orther player, and we may cash in. I''m not saying it''s true, just heard it on the grapevine.[/quote]

Yeah, well apparently the "scouts" looked at Chris Martin too and he''s a better player than Korey is.

My guess would be that any scout watching Korey would notice that he''ll run all day long but he doesn''t always do much with the ball. He has his moments when he does something neat but he''s given the ball away cheaply a fair bit this season and his end product is often wayward.

But then this is like a few people suggesting he should be playing for the England U21s... at the moment he falls short of that kind of quality.

Will be interesting to see what Lansbury can do.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Rubbish. Hoolihan is 29 and hasn`t even really proved himself in the Champs, let alone the Prem. Don`t get me wrong, i like him and he`s a handy weapon for us, but he is not a Prem player.[/quote]

28 actually and (first couple of games apart) I think he''s proved more than capable at this level. If he and PL have ''fallen out'' that is seriously bad news for us. The boy is the most exciting and creative player we have had for years. 

can''t see it no way good enough for the prem, and preety average most of the time i n the championship, barnett and £250k - 300k go for it, and try and get some money together for someone like any reid

[quote user="knockout nick"]can''t see it no way good enough for the prem, and preety average most of the time i n the championship, barnett and £250k - 300k go for it, and try and get some money together for someone like any reid[/quote]

I really don''t think that Andy Reid is much better than Hoolahan and is a failed Prem player anyway. He has a history of weight and fitness problems and is pretty obviously not rated by Steve Bruce who has shifted him to Sheff Utd on loan.

Surely Lambert needs to keep hold of all and give it a go this season, then see where we''re at.  There is no prospect of future investment (at a level to be buying relatively big name players) next season so I think we need to give promotion a go this season.Enevitably a few will go at the end of the season whatever happens but that money alone won''t all be spent on new players as we have large debts to service so ridding of people now or then is not going to make a difference.It''s all well and good to talk about consolidating and building for next season but if we don''t have money to invest and the money raised selling isn''t going to go fully towards players who are good enough to get us promotion in the future, we may as well keep what we have and give it a go this season; nothing to lose.Strangely enough I think having the squad we have, the make up of the league and the fact we''re slightly under the radar gives us a fair chance of success this season.

If we can keep Lansbury until the end of the season, I think cashing in on Wes in a cash-plus-Barnett deal in January wouldn''t be such a bad idea. Lansbury is a talented player who likes to get forward, and I don''t think Wes would make it in the Premiership. Lansbury, Surman, Crofts and Smith is a good midfield, with Fox, McNamee, Lappin and Gill as backup - then PL could look to find a younger, long-term replacement for Wes in the summer. If he''s going to walk next summer anyway, might be worth looking to the future.Plus Lansbury is 20 and being let out on loan again, whereas Wilshere and Ramsey are both younger but ahead of him in the pecking order - if Spurs let Taarabt go for £1m, Lansbury is a possibility as a permanent signing next summer I reckon.

It is rather disturbing how serious some folk seem to take some ludicrous old tosh posted up without a scrap of evidence

Is it any wonder that the internet has so many con merchants trawling round looking to exploit the gullible

Where is the evidence that Pl and Wes have fallen out, the guy gets rested for 2 games and all of a sudden it''s because of this and that. Wes looked fired up on Saturday when he came on - I know he was angling for a move so had to impress!! - maybe just maybe he neededa rest and Lambert noticed.

No sorry couldn''t be that could it?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Where is the evidence that Pl and Wes have fallen out, the guy gets rested for 2 games and all of a sudden it''s because of this and that. Wes looked fired up on Saturday when he came on - I know he was angling for a move so had to impress!! - maybe just maybe he neededa rest and Lambert noticed.

No sorry couldn''t be that could it?

[/quote]

This to be honest or the fact that we''re missing 2 other ball winning midfielders at present so it was tactical to make the midfield more solid. After all where does Wes fit in a 4-4-2?

Hoolahan and Surman can play well together. They both played very well for us at Forest so there''s no reason why they can''t do it against other teams.

Davo

[quote user="Coelho"]If we can keep Lansbury until the end of the season, I think cashing in on Wes in a cash-plus-Barnett deal in January wouldn''t be such a bad idea. Lansbury is a talented player who likes to get forward, and I don''t think Wes would make it in the Premiership. Lansbury, Surman, Crofts and Smith is a good midfield, with Fox, McNamee, Lappin and Gill as backup - then PL could look to find a younger, long-term replacement for Wes in the summer. If he''s going to walk next summer anyway, might be worth looking to the future.Plus Lansbury is 20 and being let out on loan again, whereas Wilshere and Ramsey are both younger but ahead of him in the pecking order - if Spurs let Taarabt go for £1m, Lansbury is a possibility as a permanent signing next summer I reckon.[/quote]I agree with this.Swapping Hoolahan for Barnett and bit of cash would be the right thing to do, IF we can keep Lansbury for the season. Assuming West Brom actually want Hoolahan, of course.