Sign in to follow this  
peter2704

Henri Lansbury

Can''t believe some amongst us believe this is with a view to a permanent deal! ... I''d suggest there''s more chance of Alan Brazil turning out for ''that lot'' against us on Sunday than there is of us signing him full time!

Let''s just make the most of the next 28 days and hope that gives some of our walking wounded a chance to recover.

OTBC

Gooner mates here in sunny Hackney reckon he is a good player, not a big tackler but will get forward. He is better in the middle than on wings. I''ll get more from another mate who watches lots of youth and reserve games.

I work for Arsenal and see a lot of their reserve games and can say that Henri has massive potential.He has been deployed on the wings in the past, but this is the way that Arsene likes to develop young players, Wiltshere and Nasri (to a lesser extent) started out as wingers before moving to the centre, Gibbs was a winger/central midfielder before he was move back to left-back. Henri is now developing more as a central midfielder and is a lot like Korey Smith (although technically superior) he is very direct and dynamic and will often be seen bursting into the box (if given the freedom) but he can also put a tackle in. He reminds me a lot of Wiltshere in fact, wayward tackles included. I see Lansbury coming in directly for Korey, but can also provide some additional width down the right if we do go 4-4-2. The loan is only for 28 days, but that is the ruling for emergency loans. It could potentially be extended at the end of the 28 days if Norwich and Arsenal are happy with the situation and I wouldn''t be surprised if he is here for the rest of the season

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]...but he can also put a tackle in. He reminds me a lot of Wiltshere in fact, wayward tackles included.

[/quote]

A view echoed by some Watford fans. When he went there he would not tackle at first, but then he most have got a "word" at some point and seemed to go in the opposite direction.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I work for Arsenal and see a lot of their reserve games and can say that Henri has massive potential.He has been deployed on the wings in the past, but this is the way that Arsene likes to develop young players, Wiltshere and Nasri (to a lesser extent) started out as wingers before moving to the centre, Gibbs was a winger/central midfielder before he was move back to left-back. Henri is now developing more as a central midfielder and is a lot like Korey Smith (although technically superior) he is very direct and dynamic and will often be seen bursting into the box (if given the freedom) but he can also put a tackle in. He reminds me a lot of Wiltshere in fact, wayward tackles included. I see Lansbury coming in directly for Korey, but can also provide some additional width down the right if we do go 4-4-2. The loan is only for 28 days, but that is the ruling for emergency loans. It could potentially be extended at the end of the 28 days if Norwich and Arsenal are happy with the situation and I wouldn''t be surprised if he is here for the rest of the season[/quote]Ahem! A quick heads up before you end up making a tit of yourself at work one day; Wilshire doesn''t have a ''t'' in it!! Does nobody ever mention him by name in your presence?

Surely back to the diamond vs Scum? Hoolahan was sensational against Leeds when he came on, so would be Crofts as CDM, Surman on the left, Lansbury on the right with Wes at the tip. Would surely be a contender for best midfield in championship?

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I work for Arsenal and see a lot of their reserve games and can say that Henri has massive potential.He has been deployed on the wings in the past, but this is the way that Arsene likes to develop young players, Wiltshere and Nasri (to a lesser extent) started out as wingers before moving to the centre, Gibbs was a winger/central midfielder before he was move back to left-back. Henri is now developing more as a central midfielder and is a lot like Korey Smith (although technically superior) he is very direct and dynamic and will often be seen bursting into the box (if given the freedom) but he can also put a tackle in. He reminds me a lot of Wiltshere in fact, wayward tackles included. I see Lansbury coming in directly for Korey, but can also provide some additional width down the right if we do go 4-4-2. The loan is only for 28 days, but that is the ruling for emergency loans. It could potentially be extended at the end of the 28 days if Norwich and Arsenal are happy with the situation and I wouldn''t be surprised if he is here for the rest of the season[/quote]Ahem! A quick heads up before you end up making a tit of yourself at work one day; Wilshire doesn''t have a ''t'' in it!! Does nobody ever mention him by name in your presence?[/quote]Ahem! It''s Wilshere, not Wilshire. Just a quick heads-up before you go making a tit of yourself on an internet forum... ;)

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I work for Arsenal and see a lot of their reserve games and can say that Henri has massive potential.He has been deployed on the wings in the past, but this is the way that Arsene likes to develop young players, Wiltshere and Nasri (to a lesser extent) started out as wingers before moving to the centre, Gibbs was a winger/central midfielder before he was move back to left-back. Henri is now developing more as a central midfielder and is a lot like Korey Smith (although technically superior) he is very direct and dynamic and will often be seen bursting into the box (if given the freedom) but he can also put a tackle in. He reminds me a lot of Wiltshere in fact, wayward tackles included. I see Lansbury coming in directly for Korey, but can also provide some additional width down the right if we do go 4-4-2. The loan is only for 28 days, but that is the ruling for emergency loans. It could potentially be extended at the end of the 28 days if Norwich and Arsenal are happy with the situation and I wouldn''t be surprised if he is here for the rest of the season[/quote]Ahem! A quick heads up before you end up making a tit of yourself at work one day; Wilshire doesn''t have a ''t'' in it!! Does nobody ever mention him by name in your presence?[/quote]Whoops! Not the first time I have done that, luckily for my job he is always ウィルシャー

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I work for Arsenal and see a lot of their reserve games and can say that Henri has massive potential.He has been deployed on the wings in the past, but this is the way that Arsene likes to develop young players, Wiltshere and Nasri (to a lesser extent) started out as wingers before moving to the centre, Gibbs was a winger/central midfielder before he was move back to left-back. Henri is now developing more as a central midfielder and is a lot like Korey Smith (although technically superior) he is very direct and dynamic and will often be seen bursting into the box (if given the freedom) but he can also put a tackle in. He reminds me a lot of Wiltshere in fact, wayward tackles included. I see Lansbury coming in directly for Korey, but can also provide some additional width down the right if we do go 4-4-2. The loan is only for 28 days, but that is the ruling for emergency loans. It could potentially be extended at the end of the 28 days if Norwich and Arsenal are happy with the situation and I wouldn''t be surprised if he is here for the rest of the season[/quote]Ahem! A quick heads up before you end up making a tit of yourself at work one day; Wilshire doesn''t have a ''t'' in it!! Does nobody ever mention him by name in your presence?[/quote]*Facepalm*

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I work for Arsenal and see a lot of their reserve games and can say that Henri has massive potential.He has been deployed on the wings in the past, but this is the way that Arsene likes to develop young players, Wiltshere and Nasri (to a lesser extent) started out as wingers before moving to the centre, Gibbs was a winger/central midfielder before he was move back to left-back. Henri is now developing more as a central midfielder and is a lot like Korey Smith (although technically superior) he is very direct and dynamic and will often be seen bursting into the box (if given the freedom) but he can also put a tackle in. He reminds me a lot of Wiltshere in fact, wayward tackles included. I see Lansbury coming in directly for Korey, but can also provide some additional width down the right if we do go 4-4-2. The loan is only for 28 days, but that is the ruling for emergency loans. It could potentially be extended at the end of the 28 days if Norwich and Arsenal are happy with the situation and I wouldn''t be surprised if he is here for the rest of the season[/quote]Ahem! A quick heads up before you end up making a tit of yourself at work one day; Wilshire doesn''t have a ''t'' in it!! Does nobody ever mention him by name in your presence?[/quote]Ahem! It''s Wilshere, not Wilshire. Just a quick heads-up before you go making a tit of yourself on an internet forum... ;)[/quote]

D''oh! The shame of it. What a wally! Had googled it before and assumed the sports writer at The Guardian would have checked (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/dec/18/arsene-wenger-arsenal-jack-wilshire-premier-league). Should have seen Google''s ''did you mean'' link at the bottom!!

Was just surprised Bethnel Yellow and Green had not spotted the lack of ''T'' whenever the lad was mentioned at work. Thrilled he took my jibe in good humour, though. I had expected a torrent of abuse in response.

My apologies, Bethnal, for the barbed comment. Been getting grief from Mrs 20 and I have a rotten cold, so felt like sharing the joy(!)

PS am well excited by the loan of Lansbury. Hoping he can help turn some of our draws into victories.

I have to say this feels an awful lot like we''re being loaned our own property, after they stole him from us in the first place.

If he takes Korey''s place in midfield, I''d like to see Korey move to right back.

[quote user="Penfold"]I have to say this feels an awful lot like we''re being loaned our own property, after they stole him from us in the first place. If he takes Korey''s place in midfield, I''d like to see Korey move to right back.[/quote]

Hard to say he was stolen from us as he is an Enfield boy, certainly more North London than Norwich, and he''s a life long Arsenal fan. I think Norwich actually let him go, along with Jay Simpson. This may have been due to the travelling time to an academy ruling, but I''m not sure on that one.

[quote user="Penfold"]I have to say this feels an awful lot like we''re being loaned our own property, after they stole him from us in the first place. If he takes Korey''s place in midfield, I''d like to see Korey move to right back.[/quote]

Korey moved to right back?

You mean to take the place of Russell Martin??

I hope that''s not what you mean.

His pass to Holt for the 2nd goal today was Premier League all over, great run by Holt too. Generally he had a tidy game, I think he could be a big influence if we can keep him for longer.

[quote user="city till i die"]right a prediction... if we can keep him here until the end of the season, we will go up!! the boys has quality coming out of his ar$e[/quote]

I thought we were going up before he arrived but was very impressed with him, especially his vision with a number of defence-splitting passes to Holt.  Lansbury clearly is Premier material and is on another level to our current crop. I too hope we can extend his loan.

He was brilliant today. It wasn''t the pass that initially impressed me, it was the work rate and passion he seemed to have. He chased absolutely everything today, and wasn''t scared to put up a fight. He''s like a technically gifted Lee Croft (with more work rate).

Hope we get him on loan until the end of the season.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

He was brilliant today. It wasn''t the pass that initially impressed me, it was the work rate and passion he seemed to have. He chased absolutely everything today, and wasn''t scared to put up a fight. He''s like a technically gifted Lee Croft (with more work rate).

Hope we get him on loan until the end of the season.

[/quote]

Had to laugh at the comparison with Croft. He doesn''t have Croft''s weight-problems either.  

fantastic today and dam good when ever ive seen him for arsenal. The best we can hope for is a season long loan. Could he be our crouch/hucks super loan.

The boy was quality today.  There was a few times when I forgot he was on the pitch but when he was getting involved he was pure premier league quality.  If we can get him untill the end of the season it will be great.

Forget any ideas about us buying Henri.

He is a very good player who had a very good debut for us today and will also play well in any subsequent games, which will in turn help to price him out of our market.

Henri is one of fifteen young players that Arsenal have out on loan at the moment. They are not out on loan to help the clubs they are loaned to, (what the loan system was brought in to do) they are out on loan for Arsenal''s benefit.

I do not really blame Arsenal, they are exploiting a system which only benefits the big boys. Give the smaller clubs, like us, the chance of success by banning the loan system and bringing in squad limitation so that more clubs have a chance to have their own qualiy players.

Meanwhile, well played Henri. If you stay until the end of the season we will do very well. It will just be very annoying to see you go back to possible oblivion in a Premiership Reserve team because your success will mean that we will not be able to afford you.

He was quite simply magnificant yesterday. [:)] I pray to god we can secure him and my man Barnett for longer!

Did anyone know Lansbury was at Norwich before?

Why did we let him go :P

(p.s hope we can get him on loan for the rest of the season....)