Sign in to follow this  
peter2704

Henri Lansbury

Although pleased with this, I gather he''s a similar type of player to a Hoolahan or a Surman, interesting to see how they all fit in???

or does this mean there is something more to Hoolahan''s non inclusion over the past two matches than meets the eye ??

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Heard about this on Friday, made up he is back at Norwich. Quality player who will provide something very different from what we currently have. Top young pro as well.

[/quote]

Thought my memory was playing tricks BY&G as i could not remember him until i found out he was here as a 9 year old back in 1999 for one year before going to Arsenal.Anyway i hope he turns out to be the dog''s swingers as they say.His CV is most impressive to date.[:D]

This lad is something special IMO Im pretty sure he was at Watford last season and scored a few, also scored against Spurs in the cup this season.A very exciting signing, all be it for 28days.

Excellent signing for you guys.

Links up play very well and chips in with a few goals.

Played mostly RM for the Arse.Suspect he might be better cover for Martin than Macca did, so perhaps start with Crofts at diamond base, Surman LM, Henri RM & Hooly at tip?

There''s no doubt he''s a quality young player.

Where does he fit in though? It doesn''t look like he''s a direct replacement for young Smith from what I''ve seen he''s not as tenacious as Korey.

My only guess is he''s here to cover the short term while players like Surman and Drury get back up to full fitness.

That''s all I don''t think we can extend the loan beyond 28 days as doesn''t the loan window close fairly soon?

Davo

What sort of midfielder is he? I would have thought we could do with another Crofts type player as we''ll probably be losing Crofts after the Ipswich game as he''s on 4 yellows.

May well be cover for Surman as well in case he breaks down over the next couple of games. Ive got a nasty feeling we wont see much of Surman, looks a quality player but i have an inkling he will be injured a lot.

Very good loan signing IMO, all be it for 28 days.  He certainly impressed everyone at Watford last season and Arsenal rate him very highly.  I would imagine we might play like this in midfield:

Crofts

Lansbury            Surman

Hoolahan

Probably the best attacking trio in the league on their day but for a game like the derby we might miss Korey Smith''s style of play.

Friend of mine is a Watford fan and says "Great when he''s good, but invisible when he''s not. Classy dead ball skills. What you''d expect from an Arsenal youngster really."

[quote user="anothatracksuitmanager"]declan rudd must be sick not even bak up keeper now:) great signing and eases the creative burden on wes and mini mac.[/quote]

What you on about

As this runs us into the transfer window, I wonder whether this could possibly be with a view to signing him.

Man I havent been as excited with a Norwich signing since a certain Mr Huckerby !!I know its only short term but this kid  is very highly rated and i dare say its a bit of a coup getting him down here regardless of the duration.Lets not hope hes a dud like the last couple Mr Wenger shot our way though :-/Bentley was highly rated and Gibbs didnt really top drawer for us.

My family are all gooners, apart from me and the old man, so I will phone my uncle tonight as my mum had never heard of him ! LOL ( fairweather is Henry still playing gooner my mum )

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Very talented player but from what i''ve seen he''s capable of putting his foot in when needed although i''m not sure he''s as tenacious as young Korey.

A right sided Surman if you like.[/quote]*cough*do I see a 4-4-2 comming on ?*cough*

[quote user="paul moy"]As this runs us into the transfer window, I wonder whether this could possibly be with a view to signing him.[/quote]

LOLTIT.

Well he can play on the left and the right, Surman was playing on the left, McNamee is an impact sub out of the diamond and not a 90 min player. So with both a left and right winger it could suggest that we have the flexibility to play 4-4-2 or the diamond if we have Lansbury and Surman in the starting 11.