Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

2011/12 Season ticket details

The club''s recommended way to renew season tickets is online but only problem is this shows the post VAT increase price, so back to plan B (phone) and queueing at position No 8.

Reference price increases (excluding lounges etc) I think that compared to the miserable football we were being subjected to pre Lambert the current tickets are fantastic value for money.

Hopefully by renewing early and paying in full rather than taking the zero interest easy payment terms (which clearly cost the club something) I will be helping the club''s cashflow and making in some small way a contribution to signing Barnett and possibly one or 2 more players in January.

This is also the cheaper option for me as I am in the fortunate position of being able to borrow on mortgage reserve at lower interest rates than the 2.5% VAT saving.

I expect you will all like to know that whilst typing this out, I made it to position No 1 in the queue and renewed the family''s 3 tickets.

Is a rapid 30% increase in the price of a season ticket really justified? A lick of paint, a plasma perched on a wall, a paper cup of dishwater and a haemorrhoid relieving cushion.....They can''t increase the size of the lounge or the bar - or expand the toilets....

I used to get a complementary programme, biccies and beverage many years ago in the Cathedral lounge.....that didn''t last long. And I wager that this perk won''t last long either....

Anyone intending to move into one of the £741.00 for a season seat, in any of City Stand lounges for the match-day experience?

I bet there''s not many takers....... 

Whilst other Football Clubs have understandably moved the concession age from 60 to 65, there are examples of better ways of dealing with this issue as opposed to our heavy handed approach. Examples include this extract from Motherwell -

"Information about changes made to the age when a senior citizen can claim a concession season ticket.

Motherwell FC recently took the decision to increase the age for concession tickets from 60 to 65, bringing the club in line with many other SPL teams. In doing so we understand that a number of season ticket holders in their early sixties who qualified for a concession last season would find themselves paying full price once again.

In order to minimise that burden the club are pleased to announce that anyone who is renewing a 2007/08 season ticket who falls into this category will be given grace to remain an “underage” senior citizen until they reach 65, and they will pay the concession rate until then and beyond. Anyone who has already renewed for 2008/09 at full price, please contact the club for information on rebates.

Anyone aged under 65 who is BUYING A NEW SEASON TICKET this season, even if they had one in previous years but did not have one in 2007/08, will pay full adult prices. They will remain a full paying adult until they reach 65. The club believe this to be a fair solution to the situation, which maximises club revenue whilst not penalising existing fans".

-

[quote user="morty"]Come slum it in the Upper Barclay Mello.

[:)]
[/quote]

I relocated from the Barclay many moons ago, many of my buddies still sit in the upper and lower....

I do like my present seat in the City Stand, one which I have loyally occupied for many a season. I prefer a ''side-on'' view of the game - and enjoy the company of the majority of regular attending folk that are in my locality - and I have made many friends over the past seasons......

I will guarantee that they will also be absolutely shocked in the totally unforeseen and quite unexpected 30% plus rise in the cost of their season tickets. I do wonder how many are going to relocate....or even call it a day; as some do not have the perceived ''disposable income'' that many think the majority of support have in the central area lounges of the City Stand.   It was always more expensive than other areas of the ground anyway, and I personally, was expecting (and was quite prepared to pay) the ''excess'' for a decent view - and was awaiting a nominal increase in the price of my seat....Maybe 12% to 15%.....would have been (I suppose) acceptable....ish.

The refreshment facilities in the County, Cathedral, Castle and 59ers have never been sufficiently adequate for the amount of  slack-bladdered half-time biscuit burglars, but one got to tolerate it. Very few ''City Standers'' take an interest in the current lounges outdated wall mounted TVs and the majority (me included) arrive 15 minutes before kick-off and remain in our (cushion-less) seats for half-time, and then breeze outward through the lounges to disperse homeward - or off to the pub after the final whistle is blown. They can''t expand the cramped lounges....and do the perks offered really outweigh the excess cost of a padded pew in the City Stand?

I''m personally quite disgusted and frankly bloody annoyed, that the club has lumped on this large amount of extra dosh to pay for a seat in the City Stand.....I don''t think that they''ve done their homework at the club....And the previous and popular ''Marketing Manager'' would''ve thought this one through with greater tact and consideration.....Whoever is responsible for the thinking behind the ''transformation'' and ''transition'' to bringing the improved match-day experience to the Central City Stand lounges, is worthy of a place on ''The Apprentice.'' So that football fan-folk and Lord Sugar can wet themselves chortling at their muddled antics - as they flounder and fluster in an attempt to prove themselves as a marketing mogul and business baron....

Wonder if Delia has had an input?  

What next......Crystal  decanted port and crustless prawn sandwiches in the Snake-pit?      

30% does indeed seem excessive, and i myself wouldn''t pay it and would relocate, probably to the Jarrold. Will be interesting to see how many people vote with their feet.Do you think, despite the justified grumbling, you will say "sod it" and pay the price?

tbh i couldnt really care less about the prawn sandwich brigade. The amount of tofts you see walking into the lounges when going into the snake pit amazes me. They add all the the atmosphere of 12 torquay fans.

The national retirement age is 65 soon to be 66 so i know its a blow to those concerned but its only fair. In contrast doing away with under 21 prices has a much bigger impact on 18-21 year olds than the 60-65. The main rate to 21 one years and older is £5.93 18-20 year olds are entitled to a minimum of £4.92. Over years work its worth nearly £2000 pounds less just for being one year younger than someone else yet have to pay full price. Something to think about.

Last years over 60''s price for the N&P was £218This year over 65''s now £281Thats over 30% increaseSeems very harsh.

[quote user="morty"]30% does indeed seem excessive, and i myself wouldn''t pay it and would relocate, probably to the Jarrold. Will be interesting to see how many people vote with their feet.

Do you think, despite the justified grumbling, you will say "sod it" and pay the price?
[/quote]

Well, I do seem to be the minority (actually, the only one) who''s currently bleating on about the excessive rise in the price of a season ticket in the ''Lounges of Lucre'' in ''City Stand Central''.....So, I would then therefore assume, that everyone else in the ''Lounges of Lucre'' are ok and in apathetic acceptance of the 30% ''plus'' increase.....

I will relocate if the chosen/available alternative seat allows me cover from the elements, and if I''m able to view the games from a preferable upper row and acceptable side-on central position of the pitch.....Jarrold''s not my bag, but it''s cheaper - and as I don''t do perks, programmes, padding or purchasing pish refreshments....It looks the favourable option....1st deadline of £484.00 instead of £695.00?....No contest!

The City Stand Wensum and Thorpe Centre seats at £484.00.....also seem a viable option (that''s if there''s any available)....

Still think that the club should have spread the costs of raising prices for season tickets to all areas of the stadium....including those ''younger season tickets''......We are after all.....all in it together.......aren''t we?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="morty"]30% does indeed seem excessive, and i myself wouldn''t pay it and would relocate, probably to the Jarrold. Will be interesting to see how many people vote with their feet.Do you think, despite the justified grumbling, you will say "sod it" and pay the price?[/quote]

Well, I do seem to be the minority (actually, the only one) who''s currently bleating on about the excessive rise in the price of a season ticket in the ''Lounges of Lucre'' in ''City Stand Central''.....So, I would then therefore assume, that everyone else in the ''Lounges of Lucre'' are ok and in apathetic acceptance of the 30% ''plus'' increase.....

I will relocate if the chosen/available alternative seat allows me cover from the elements, and if I''m able to view the games from a preferable upper row and acceptable side-on central position of the pitch.....Jarrold''s not my bag, but it''s cheaper - and as I don''t do perks, programmes, padding or purchasing pish refreshments....It looks the favourable option....1st deadline of £484.00 instead of £695.00?....No contest!

The City Stand Wensum and Thorpe Centre seats at £484.00.....also seem a viable option (that''s if there''s any available)....

Still think that the club should have spread the costs of raising prices for season tickets to all areas of the stadium....including those ''younger season tickets''......We are after all.....all in it together.......aren''t we?

[/quote]Maybe no one else who sits there posts on here? Really not sure how they have worked out what prices should rise and by how much, maybe they have looked at the price at other grounds of the "premium seats" as opposed to where the rest of us scum sit?Trouble is that you would never please all of the people all of the time. In regards to the price of younger season tickets, from a personal point of view, if they were to increase too much not only would they lose the two tickets I buy for my kids, but also the adult ticket I buy, maybe it was considered from that point of view? For every relatively cheap child ticket, you are selling an adult one too.

[quote user="ricardo"]Last years over 60''s price for the N&P was £218

This year over 65''s now £281

Thats over 30% increase

Seems very harsh.
[/quote]

yes 30% rise but thats still a bargain at £12ish a game.

Might not be much for you, Penguin, but could be a heck of a lot for some, esp on a state pension of £98 per week. And it doesn''t excuse increases of 30%, or the 60% uplift for the 60-64 yr olds,

Why on earth do people of a working age believe they are entitled to have there weekend entertainment subsidised to others. Previous mgmt were criticised for not having a competitive team and now new mgmt criticised for trying to raise funds for a more competitive team - what is clear that some people will whine whatever.

[quote user="T"]Why on earth do people of a working age believe they are entitled to have there weekend entertainment subsidised to others. Previous mgmt were criticised for not having a competitive team and now new mgmt criticised for trying to raise funds for a more competitive team - what is clear that some people will whine whatever.[/quote]

How much do you pay for your ticket?

Or, does your Aunt allow you into her club for nothing, then feeds and waters you for nowt? 

Then changes your soiled nappy when you''ve done a whoopsie plop?

My season ticket has risen by an extra £200+ per season in the 59er''s lounge. That is £700 a season give or take a couple of quid. The TV in the lounge was well overdue for changing. Not seen a TV like that for 15 years or more. Programme I don''t want. Coffee I would prefer to pay for should I want one. Paid the extra for a lounge seat as my father being 80 years old next season was happy to pay for a bit more comfort. This is just over the top. Been in the 59er''s Lounge since the 90''s after moving from the River End. Had to renew our season ticket for next year this morning but in the Wensum Lounge. Was offered front two rows in Thorpe Lounge, which is great if you are 80 years old and like sitting in the winter rain with a crap view. We now have two seats one in front of the other. Not the same as sitting next to each other but the best that was available. Could see many empty padded seats in City stand next season.Fed up? You could say!

[quote user="T"]Why on earth do people of a working age believe they are entitled to have there weekend entertainment subsidised to others. Previous mgmt were criticised for not having a competitive team and now new mgmt criticised for trying to raise funds for a more competitive team - what is clear that some people will whine whatever.[/quote]

Folks want, nay demand, Delia or some mystery benefactor to pour millions into the club, but when it comes down to them being asked to chuck a few quid more in........

Totally agree that those over 60 renewing season tickets should remain at concession prices while they phase in the (completely fair) move to 65.

Mello, your argument seems to be that you don''t want to pay for facilities you don''t use, which is fair enough. But why have a season ticket that includes such extras? If you just want to watch the game, there are plenty of options that allow you to do just that.

And finally, if you want better players, you have to pay for them. It sucks, and the sooner there''s a salary cap the better, but until then, you can''t have it both ways. Family-friendly football in League One with Delia or no-holds-barred balls-out competitiveness with McNasty: two quid cups of tea and Andrew Surman in the top six of the Championship. That''s your choice and I''m going with option two.

[Y] Bleedin`eck, i totally agree with a post by T ! Think i`m going to need a stiff whisky to recover....

[quote user="59er"]My season ticket has risen by an extra £200+ per season in the 59er''s lounge. That is £700 a season give or take a couple of quid. The TV in the lounge was well overdue for changing. Not seen a TV like that for 15 years or more. Programme I don''t want. Coffee I would prefer to pay for should I want one. Paid the extra for a lounge seat as my father being 80 years old next season was happy to pay for a bit more comfort. This is just over the top. Been in the 59er''s Lounge since the 90''s after moving from the River End.

Had to renew our season ticket for next year this morning but in the Wensum Lounge. Was offered front two rows in Thorpe Lounge, which is great if you are 80 years old and like sitting in the winter rain with a crap view. We now have two seats one in front of the other. Not the same as sitting next to each other but the best that was available.

Could see many empty padded seats in City stand next season.

Fed up? You could say!
[/quote]

Yep....Just how I see it....From regularly sitting in a decent seat for a multitude of seasons - to being offered cattle class seat because you don''t want perks....

Maybe ''T'' for Twonk, Mr Carrow, Bobby Lim and ''Lappin.... I''m a real tight wad and don''t actually have a season ticket....but anyway, I''ll slate whining season ticket holders for being thrifty and mean and lacking ambition....ittup.'' Will all be manically waving their debit cards at the ticket office in a frenzied manner - in the hope that they will be successful and fortunate enough to occupy and pay over £741.00 for a soon to become available vacant padded seat in the City Stand....."Coffee, biccie an'' a programme sir, how''s your Rockfords...does the padding help?"

I stated in an earlier post that I was prepared and accepting of an increase in the cost of my seat....10 to 12% wasn''t it? NOT 30% plus.

Many years ago my Cathedral Lounge season ticket meant I was entitled to a complementary Programme and tea or coffee and biccies.....They soon brought that to a halt....How long before they remove that perk that I was happy to pay for then - but accepted its termination due to the club finances floundering all those years ago?....

It''s the principle of the matter - and I just feel like some cash-grabbing landlord of my bed-sit is saying to me...."I know that you''ve been a loyal and model tenant and haven''t stalled on your rental payments but; pay the 30% increase for your bed-sit and I''ll chuck another cushion on your sofa, a tacky picture for your wall, and I''ll supply some tepid water from a battered boiler (and include a free advertiser newspaper). But, if you aren''t entirely satisfied, I can offer you a park bench somewhere else on the estate for a cheaper 9% increase....?" 

Any takers......? NO?.....Thought not.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="59er"]My season ticket has risen by an extra £200+ per season in the 59er''s lounge. That is £700 a season give or take a couple of quid. The TV in the lounge was well overdue for changing. Not seen a TV like that for 15 years or more. Programme I don''t want. Coffee I would prefer to pay for should I want one. Paid the extra for a lounge seat as my father being 80 years old next season was happy to pay for a bit more comfort. This is just over the top. Been in the 59er''s Lounge since the 90''s after moving from the River End. Had to renew our season ticket for next year this morning but in the Wensum Lounge. Was offered front two rows in Thorpe Lounge, which is great if you are 80 years old and like sitting in the winter rain with a crap view. We now have two seats one in front of the other. Not the same as sitting next to each other but the best that was available. Could see many empty padded seats in City stand next season.Fed up? You could say![/quote]

Yep....Just how I see it....From regularly sitting in a decent seat for a multitude of seasons - to being offered cattle class seat because you don''t want perks....

Maybe ''T'' for Twonk, Mr Carrow, Bobby Lim and ''Lappin.... I''m a real tight wad and don''t actually have a season ticket....but anyway, I''ll slate whining season ticket holders for being thrifty and mean and lacking ambition....ittup.'' Will all be manically waving their debit cards at the ticket office in a frenzied manner - in the hope that they will be successful and fortunate enough to occupy and pay over £741.00 for a soon to become available vacant padded seat in the City Stand....."Coffee, biccie an'' a programme sir, how''s your Rockfords...does the padding help?"

I stated in an earlier post that I was prepared and accepting of an increase in the cost of my seat....10 to 12% wasn''t it? NOT 30% plus.

Many years ago my Cathedral Lounge season ticket meant I was entitled to a complementary Programme and tea or coffee and biccies.....They soon brought that to a halt....How long before they remove that perk that I was happy to pay for then - but accepted its termination due to the club finances floundering all those years ago?....

It''s the principle of the matter - and I just feel like some cash-grabbing landlord of my bed-sit is saying to me...."I know that you''ve been a loyal and model tenant and haven''t stalled on your rental payments but; pay the 30% increase for your bed-sit and I''ll chuck another cushion on your sofa, a tacky picture for your wall, and I''ll supply some tepid water from a battered boiler (and include a free advertiser newspaper). But, if you aren''t entirely satisfied, I can offer you a park bench somewhere else on the estate for a cheaper 9% increase....?" 

Any takers......? NO?.....Thought not.

[/quote]I have a lot of sympathy with this - if the price rises were proportionate across all areas, fair enough.  But to hike some areas of the ground by 30% and throw in a few lame "sweeteners" just seems a bit bizarre. I was thinking about moving to the Watling Lounge next season, but by the sounds of it I will be back in the Upper Barclay instead.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Totally agree that those over 60 renewing season tickets should remain at concession prices while they phase in the (completely fair) move to 65. Mello, your argument seems to be that you don''t want to pay for facilities you don''t use, which is fair enough. But why have a season ticket that includes such extras? If you just want to watch the game, there are plenty of options that allow you to do just that. And finally, if you want better players, you have to pay for them. It sucks, and the sooner there''s a salary cap the better, but until then, you can''t have it both ways. Family-friendly football in League One with Delia or no-holds-barred balls-out competitiveness with McNasty: two quid cups of tea and Andrew Surman in the top six of the Championship. That''s your choice and I''m going with option two.[/quote]

---

Robert, unless I''ve misunderstood what Mello has said he hasn''t until now paid for stuff he didn''t want. All these "fantastic" extras he doesn''t want are being added on for next season as a way of justifying a massive price rise. Presenting him with the choice of now paying through the nose for what he regards as unnecessary dross or moving. With no guarantee he''ll find a side-on seat he likes. The centre of the Jarrold towards the back provides the best view in the house, but will there be seats there?

As to your either/or of family football or success, I think that''s too simplistic. Affordable family football provided (with one exception caused by bad management rather than a lack of money) a regular place in the Championship, a play-off team and a Championship-winning team.

McNally said a few months ago that the problem with affordable family football was that the club couldn''t afford it. But it''s equally true that what the club can afford the fans may well not be able to. Norfolk is not a high-wage county, and people are losing their jobs hand over fist. Time will tell whether the club is getting the balance (and it is balance) right.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Totally agree that those over 60 renewing season tickets should remain at concession prices while they phase in the (completely fair) move to 65. Mello, your argument seems to be that you don''t want to pay for facilities you don''t use, which is fair enough. But why have a season ticket that includes such extras? If you just want to watch the game, there are plenty of options that allow you to do just that. And finally, if you want better players, you have to pay for them. It sucks, and the sooner there''s a salary cap the better, but until then, you can''t have it both ways. Family-friendly football in League One with Delia or no-holds-barred balls-out competitiveness with McNasty: two quid cups of tea and Andrew Surman in the top six of the Championship. That''s your choice and I''m going with option two.[/quote]

---

Robert, unless I''ve misunderstood what Mello has said he hasn''t until now paid for stuff he didn''t want. All these "fantastic" extras he doesn''t want are being added on for next season as a way of justifying a massive price rise. Presenting him with the choice of now paying through the nose for what he regards as unnecessary dross or moving. With no guarantee he''ll find a side-on seat he likes. The centre of the Jarrold towards the back provides the best view in the house, but will there be seats there?

As to your either/or of family football or success, I think that''s too simplistic. Affordable family football provided (with one exception caused by bad management rather than a lack of money) a regular place in the Championship, a play-off team and a Championship-winning team.

McNally said a few months ago that the problem with affordable family football was that the club couldn''t afford it. But it''s equally true that what the club can afford the fans may well not be able to. Norfolk is not a high-wage county, and people are losing their jobs hand over fist. Time will tell whether the club is getting the balance (and it is balance) right.

[/quote]

Yes Purple.....I don''t require fantastic extras......I just love my seat and the supporters around me. If I''d wanted those extras....I''d gladly pay for them.....Maybe the club thinks or assumes that we/me are ''ho-hum'' about chippin'' in another £150+ sheets a season, - as we were prepared to pay more money to sit in the central areas of the City Stand. I cannot envisage, even with a refurbishment, what makes the four lounges an elite viewing area for the ''match-day experience''? The lounges are too small as it is! But hey, four urinals and a dumpster and queues that take more than 20 minutes to get served, pee, slurp and munch, isn''t an issue. I consulted other fans around me concerning the increase - and they were shocked and in total agreement in my concerns. Many sit as a couple or even 3 and 4 as a family group in a row....If the club can allocate similar seating arrangements in other areas of the stadium I would be quite surprised.   

Slap a bit of paint on the walls, stick a plasma on the corner, bung in a few extra seats and tables, dish out a few programmes to couples/family that will only require one anyway.....then the surplus progs will only be bunged in the loft and used as insulation....The padded seat is a one-off and costs £40.00 to install. It''s purely aesthetics, and if the club had spanked the rest of the stadium areas and stands with equivalent price increases....there would be a plethora of discontent.....

Am I subsidising other season tickets and other age groups in other areas of the stadium?.....It certainly feels like it..... 

Hey Mello, great result today but the 59er''s Lounge was not a happy one before the game today. Alot of angry people in there. Me and my father have already baled out for next year but compromising by accepting two seats one in front of the other in the Wensum Wing. The best I was offered. Guy in front of me has 6 tickets and not renewing at all next year. 3 other couples I spoke to all said they could not afford to renew and that was just the people I spoke to. If the concensus is the same in all the lounges then the City Stand could have the look of a Wigan or Blackburn in the Premier League next year. The club have called this one very wrong!

Whinging about price rises in one part of the ground when you can move anywhere else in the ground and pay considerably less strikes me as laughably pedantic- as is "but i want a side-on view". The view from the front of the barclay upper is superb.

Or is it just that people resent losing their sense of smug superiority by having to mix with the hoi-poloi in the "cheap seats"......?

I think Mr Carrow mis-understands the type of people in the 59er''s. We are next to the snake pit for gods sake. We are hoi poli. If you were asked to pay an extra 43% more next year I bet you would be pee''d off. I think the club don''t want season ticket holders to pay £30.00 a game as they would rather have casual supporters paying even more. It''s a risky policy though as why is it we have only sold out the very highest profile matches this year? The early season 23000 or so indicates to me the recession is a factor and this is not the affluent Home Counties. FA Cup attendances will indicate why so many people buy season tickets. It''s the only cost effective way to watch.

On a brighter note, working in Ipswich today and it''s a great place to be for once!

59er, all my friends and family are working class and none of them would even consider a ticket in the most expensive part of the ground. You have a choice between a 43% increase, or a % decrease if you try another area of the ground. Can`t see anything to moan about there.

I wonder if I ask nicely, If  they could remove my seat in lower Barclay as I have not sat in it all season, stood on it a few times though, 4 yesterday

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]59er, all my friends and family are working class and none of them would even consider a ticket in the most expensive part of the ground. You have a choice between a 43% increase, or a % decrease if you try another area of the ground. Can`t see anything to moan about there.[/quote]

Get your facts right Mr C, the 59er''s lounge is neither "the most expensive part of the ground," nor does it require any "class" background checks before admission is granted.

We all have our own varying reasons for our particular preferred choice of stand / seat but it doesn''t make one particular supporter inferior or superior to another. Generally, across the years, prices have increased by similar amounts from stand to stand, however, on this occassion, the Lounge areas have increased by over 30%. That''s a fact and I would suggest that your view would be different if, say, all Adult prices, or, all student prices where suddenly hicked by similar percentage increase?