Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

2011/12 Season ticket details

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2229987,00.htmlNORWICH City Football Club has announced season ticket prices for next season.

Key features for the 2011-12 campaign include:

- Early launch offering ''Beat the VAT'' price for those who pay in full before January 3, 2011- Every spare penny raised goes to Paul Lambert''s first team budget- Best prices for those who renew by first deadline on March 5, 2011- Prices for early renewals guaranteed whatever our divisional status- Supporters can once again spread payments over up to 12 months- Price rises for ground season tickets of £1.50 per game for adults - Prices for young supporters (Under-21s, Under-16s and Under-12s) frozen at 2009-10 levels- New season tickets on sale from day one- Starting age for adult concessions moved from 60 to 65

With more than 21,000 fans buying season tickets for the current

campaign, Carrow Road has seen record-breaking crowds since Paul

Lambert''s side returned to the npower Championship this year.

Extra seats added to every stand last summer meant that the 26,315

who crammed in to watch last weekend''s exciting 1-1 draw with Leeds was

a new all-seater stadium record attendance - and the highest at Carrow

Road since 1989.

Even more are expected for the eagerly awaited return of the East

Anglian derby to Carrow Road on Sunday and the strength and loyalty of

City''s support, home and away, continues to be a credit to the Yellow

Army.

A season ticket remains the only way to guarantee your seat to watch all the action in 2011-12 campaign.

The Club has set prices which represent excellent value for next season, with sample prices-per-match as follows:

Season Ticket Price per match

Season Ticket Price per Match (family stand)

Adult (Barclay)

£18.41

£18.41

Senior Adult 75+ (Barclay)

£10.80

£10.80

Senior Adult 65+ (Barclay)

£12.24

£12.24

Under-21

£7.52

£7.52

Under-16

£7.52

£2.67

Under-12

£4.07

£1.59

With VAT set to increase from 17.5% to 20% on January 4, 2011, the

Club has launched early to offer a special ''Beat the VAT'' incentive to

those supporters who purchase their 2011-12 season ticket before

January 3.

The minimum age for adult concessions has been increased from 60 to

65, to bring the Club into line with other organisations and to reflect

the national age of retirement in Great Britain.

We are delighted to announce as part of the Club''s on-going

commitment to families and our young supporters, season ticket prices

for Under-21s, Under-16s and Under-12s have been frozen.

Everything supporters need to know about how to renew their 2011-12

season ticket - or buy a new one - will be detailed in this year''s ''We

Are Norwich'' season ticket presenter, which has been mailed out to

every season ticket holder and member.

City Chief Executive David McNally had this message for the Canary

faithful: "Firstly, let me start by thanking you for your incredible

support of Norwich City. Week in, week out, home or away, you back your

team to the hilt and you are undoubtedly the best supporters in the

land.

"My promise to you is that I, along with my colleagues at the

Football Club, remain committed to supporting our First Team every step

of the way and to serve you, our incredible supporters. We have

developed a plan that is designed to ensure we continue to improve as a

Club over the seasons, both on and off the pitch, and in this regard we

are focusing on climbing the football pyramid whilst giving you

best-in-class standards of service.

"We will never underestimate or take for granted your commitment to

the Club. As a supporter, one of the best ways in helping the Club

financially is to commit to your season ticket and, in return, we will

ensure that your season ticket will again offer greater value than

tickets purchased on a match-by-match basis. Additionally, we guarantee

that every spare penny raised goes towards our football budget and that

your price is guaranteed whatever our divisional status.

"Prices have had to increase in most cases and we have addressed a

number of anomalies, in an attempt to being fair to everyone. Adult

prices have gone up by £1.50 per match and we have had to alter the age

at which senior adults receive a concession. This has moved from 60 to

65 to bring the Club into line with other organisations and to reflect

a pending legislative change to the national age of retirement for

women in Great Britain.

"Equally though, we recognise the pressures families are under in

these difficult economic times, and we have decided to freeze the

prices for all young people at every age group, Under-21, Under-16 and

Under-12. After all, young people are the future of the Football Club.

"Our new prices are an important part of the business plan for next

season and so we do hope you back us, once again, in the way that you

have this season. Following these changes, we truly believe that the

prices paid by you per match still represent terrific value for money.

"Finally, you truly deserve the best and everyone is working really

hard behind the scenes as we attempt to continue to improve the

fortunes of your great Football Club."

Manager Paul Lambert said: " It''s been an absolute privilege to be

here and to witness first-hand the brilliant Norwich City supporters.

"I say every week how important they are and I mean it. They are

vital to this club and nothing has diminished the view I''ve had since

we arrived which is that they play an unbelievable part in helping us.

"It''s all about the players and the fans. When those two spark off

each other then it''s only going to be good for the Football Club."

Lambert describes as ''astonishing'' the fact that 21,000 supporters

have signed up for season tickets at Carrow Road this year, not to

mention 5,652 super-members and 2,791 members.

And it''s certainly a case of quality AND quantity as far the City support is concerned says Lambert.

"You saw it at QPR in October, I mean that was just rocking in the

away end there and the atmosphere just wouldn''t have been the same if

Norwich City weren''t there, because of the vast numbers we bring with

us.

"You can throw in any game you want, home or away, and they are

amazing, especially when you think of the travelling they have to do.

"The travelling they have to do when there''s a night game, they

might have to leave work early, get back late, go back to work

early…there''s a lot of dedication there and that just shows you how

much of a fanatical support we have."

"On behalf of the staff, the players and everybody at the Club I

want to simply say thank you to each and every one of our supporters -

you have been magnificent."

Season tickets are on sale now. You can renew or buy from

the Ticket Offices at Carrow Road and The Mall or by calling 0844 826

All seems pretty fair enough.Few more points, auto renewal will happen if you payed over 12 months for your last ticket, and they have also sneaked in a £5 admin fee for the privilege of paying interest free.

I make that £423.43 for an adult in the Barclay then. Not too bad - stings a bit for me as I paid u-21 prices up until this season, but what can you do.

[quote user="morty"]All seems pretty fair enough.

Few more points, auto renewal will happen if you payed over 12 months for your last ticket, and they have also sneaked in a £5 admin fee for the privilege of paying interest free.
[/quote]

All those figures are mind boggling, and I can see us filling a 32000 seater stadium in the future

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Wow, that''s about a £50 increase on last year for me - a lot of money when you''re unemployed (although hopefully not for much longer).
[/quote]

Hope you get back to work soon Graham £50 is alot of money, working or not, I think we have to live with it if we want the best for the club    

I don''t know if this is the dog that didn''t bark, but there is no mention in that club announcement of the option of paying up to five years in advance at the current price.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

I don''t know if this is the dog that didn''t bark, but there is no mention in that club announcement of the option of paying up to five years in advance at the current price.

[/quote]Well spotted. I think we can probably kiss goodbye to deals like that.

Would those who currently have a 60+ ticket who now fall into the full adult category get a reduced season ticket through grandfather rights?

I have a 3 year season ticket - my letter from the club says:

"Thank you for your advanced purchase of your 2011/2012 Norwich City season ticket.........

From 2011-2012 Norwich City Football Club will no longer run the multi-year/season ticket top-up option scheme."

So effectively as I already have my ticket for the next two seasons, I won''t be putting any money into the club via season ticket purchase until prior to the 2013/2014 season, whereas I have been topping up annually. This means the club won''t get as much in season ticket income for the next two to four years (bearing in mind some people have five year tickets) as they would normally do. Interesting - would be interested to know the rationale behind that. Do we still have a Supporters Forum thing? Has this already been discussed with some of our top fans - Freeloader Gus and the like?  

[quote user="Back after the break"]

"Thank you for your advanced purchase of your 2011/2012 Norwich City season ticket.........

From 2011-2012 Norwich City Football Club will no longer run the multi-year/season ticket top-up option scheme."

So effectively as I already have my ticket for the next two seasons, I won''t be putting any money into the club via season ticket purchase until prior to the 2013/2014 season, whereas I have been topping up annually. This means the club won''t get as much in season ticket income for the next two to four years (bearing in mind some people have five year tickets) as they would normally do. Interesting - would be interested to know the rationale behind that. Do we still have a Supporters Forum thing? Has this already been discussed with some of our top fans - Freeloader Gus and the like?  

[/quote]

---

Thanks for that information. It answers the question I posed earlier about whether that option had beeen scrapped. I strongly suspected that it would be but hadn''t mentioned the possibility during the discussions we had here a few months ago on ticketing policy just in case it put the idea in the club''s mind! I thought then it was a vain hope...

£680.52......paid in full before January 3rd ''to beat the VAT rise''.....

Otherwise.....it''s £695.00 before the first deadline up to and including March 5th.....

Then it''s a rise to £718.00 before the second deadline up to and including April 9th.....and rising to £741.00 after April 9th.....

For that price I will now have the benefits of:

*    Themed design and layout including new furniture and plasma screen TVs. Not bothered....

*    Extra comfort with a padded seat to watch the match. Don''t want one..... 

*   Complimentary tea and coffee. Yuck!.....

*   Complimentary matchday programme. Give them up years ago.....

All this for a price increase of over £150.00 for a seat next season - that I''ve occupied and enjoyed for many years.....

If I don''t like it.....alternative season tickets will be available elsewhere in the stadium.....

Cathedral Lounge......Cheerio!  

[quote user="s10_yellow"]I make that £423.43 for an adult in the Barclay then. [/quote]

£414 if you pay before VAT goes up.

Both myself & other half in the 60-65 age group, retired on fixed income, and will have to find over 60% increase for our two STs. Now thats going to hurt.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

£680.52......paid in full before January 3rd ''to beat the VAT rise''.....

Otherwise.....it''s £695.00 before the first deadline up to and including March 5th.....

Then it''s a rise to £718.00 before the second deadline up to and including April 9th.....and rising to £741.00 after April 9th.....

For that price I will now have the benefits of:

*    Themed design and layout including new furniture and plasma screen TVs. Not bothered....

*    Extra comfort with a padded seat to watch the match. Don''t want one..... 

*   Complimentary tea and coffee. Yuck!.....

*   Complimentary matchday programme. Give them up years ago.....

All this for a price increase of over £150.00 for a seat next season - that I''ve occupied and enjoyed for many years.....

If I don''t like it.....alternative season tickets will be available elsewhere in the stadium.....

Cathedral Lounge......Cheerio!  

[/quote]

For the 59''ers lounge, the price is increasing from £482 this season to a staggering £695 next. That''s an inflation busting £213 extra.

[quote user="morty"]All seems pretty fair enough.

Few more points, auto renewal will happen if you payed over 12 months for your last ticket, and they have also sneaked in a £5 admin fee for the privilege of paying interest free.
[/quote]

In truth over the last two years there has been a lot of "hidden" increases. Booking fees, lost season ticket charges, a £5 fee for interest free tickets, significant changes to concessions , increased walk up ticket prices to name some of them. My season ticket will go from £389 to £423 (plus a fiver for DDM) , that''s a monthly increase of 10%. £18 is still OK, but I think the headline spin of only £1.50 per match is a little economical.   

I love having my birthday just after the season starts. Qualifies me for another year at Under 21 prices although I will be 21 late August :) gonna sting the season after though.

Do they usually announce the season ticket prices this early?

No not usually. I think it''s normally about late Jan or Feb.

This is supposed to beat the VAT rise if you pay in full before January.

Davo

I’m quite happy with my season ticket price (lower Barclay)

But the occasional seat costing is a little steep, as for the food that’s a complete rip off.

Was told by a steward recently that NCFC where thinking of banning fans from bringing in their own food and drink.

Morrison’s will be pleased.

[quote user="cantthinkofagoodname"]Was told by a steward recently that NCFC where thinking of banning fans from bringing in their own food and drink.

Morrison’s will be pleased.[/quote]I look forward to seeing how they will police that. Maybe search everyone on entry. My preference would be stewards with long sticks batting illegal pasties and Haribo out of supporters'' hands.

62 next birthday. I have loved this club for years. For the 10 years to age 60 I voluntarily made monthly payments to the Academy - not a fortune, but well over £1,000 in all. When I was asked to surrender the season ticket refund caused by demotion I didn''t hesitate to let the club retain my money. I have always been happy to do my bit to help the club''s finances.

I do accept that the club needs to look at all ways to balance the books but taking away a discount that has already been granted to those that have earned retirement, or are obliged to work beyond 60 because they can''t afford to retire, seems mean in the extreme. Mr McNally reasons that the club must look after the youngsters (fine) as they are the future of the club - so those of us aged 60-65 don''t really matterany more because we''ll soon be dead or infirm!? I suspect that the average time as a paying supporter in this age-group will be around 30 years and that''s an awful lot of money collectively pumped in to the club. I''m guessing that, like me, there''s a lot of supporters in this age-group that now feel hurt and badly let down by the club they love

Couldn''t agree more YS. As mentioned before in this thread both myself and other half in the same boat. Having supported City for 50 yrs, and ST for more than half that time, would have thought the Club would think twice about imposing a 60% increase without consulting us and putting at serious risk the long term commitment from a lot of similar folk. Am now seriously thinking about caling it a day at the end of this season.

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="cantthinkofagoodname"]Was told by a steward recently that NCFC where thinking of banning fans from bringing in their own food and drink.

Morrison’s will be pleased.[/quote]I look forward to seeing how they will police that. Maybe search everyone on entry. My preference would be stewards with long sticks batting illegal pasties and Haribo out of supporters'' hands.[/quote]This question waas raised art one of the supporters forums recently.Mr McNally''s reaction was to burst out laughing so I expect to see it introduced very shortly......

Like many people on here my season ticket renewal invitation pack plopped down on the doormat this morning. Amongst all the blurb is the circular first-deadline-price-per-match-calculator which brings back memories of the cardboard free gifts we used to get in comics and those ready reckoners the Gas Boards used to churn out. The blurb makes interesting reading.Mr McNally certainly knows how to extract the cash from his captive audience, captive in the sense that the exorbitant casual ticket prices make it a no-brainer not to go for the season option if you attend regularly. At one time I briefly had a season ticket in the Cathedral Lounge, aka God''s Waiting Room, and part of the match day '' exerience '' was '' free '' tea & biscuits at half-time with a complimentary programme thrown in. It seems as though this '' experience '' is to be revived in the City Stand lounges with the addition this time of a padded seat, presumably to ease the pressure on bony geriatric bums. Watching the Canaries pre-Lambert was, in the main, best carried out from the comfort of a padded cell so the new seat may prevent a few hip fractures I suppose. However the cost to the Club of the '' enhancements '' seems low compared to how much extra they''ll be raking in. Enough to get Mello on the move it seems........It''s interesting to note that should you survive the Snakepit '' experience '' until you''re 65 you''ll get a reduction, then a further reduction on reaching the grand old age of 75. Even Millwall hooligans have retired by then so I doubt there''ll be many takers for that area, likewise the Barclay where the same arrangements apply. I don''t expect to see many OAP''s pogoing up and down in Block E in the years to come.....One thing that will have a significant impact on those affected is the withdrawal of the concessions to former South Stand and long-standing Geoffrey Watling holders season ticket holders from the 2012-13 season. They''ll face a sharp rise in 18 months time. Bang too goes the 2% discount for Norwich & Peterborough account holders anywhere in the ground other than the N & P Stand where they''ve managed to hang on to their 5% off.The raising of the pensioners concession from age 60 to 65 makes sense and presumably down the line the age will again rise in line with the national pension age. Someone optimistically commented on here that people in that age group might well have 30 years renewals to come. If anyone lives to see that out after the stress of watching Norwich City week-in week-out then the least they deserve is a lifetime complimentary pass with as much tea, coffee, programmes and padding on their seats as they can handle.......   

They''ll face a sharp rise in 18 months time. Bang too goes the 2%

discount for Norwich & Peterborough account holders anywhere in the

ground other than the N & P Stand where they''ve managed to hang on

to their 5% off.Not happy about this as there is now no real reason to keep the account going as it''s interest rate is so poor. Think I''ll reinvest it in wherever I can get a decent return. Ok it was only about £9 discount but in the famous words of a certain supermarket, ''every little helps''.That''s a nasty surprise for the 60-65 group. Whilst I can see the reasoning behind it, it''s not a pleasant surprise. As for not being allowed to take in refreshments, I only hope they can guarantee enough supplies. I know from experience at other clubs, there is not always water available.

[quote user="Back after the break"]

[/quote]

---

No, we don''t. Pretty much the first thing Bowkett and McNally did was to scrap the SCG. Funnily enough, although they thought it a bad idea, at least one other club disagrees. This was posted on the NCFC official message-board a day or so back:

---

Hi all,
I''m a brand new member to the forum and decided to post to see if anyone could offer some assistance.  I am a supporter of Motherwell FC and our GM has recently created a Supporter''s Advisory Committee (of which I am a member).......an idea, we are told, that was pinched from Norwich FC.  Apparently our GM was VERY impressed by the set up at Norwich (massive increase in Season Ticket sales over the last few seasons amongst other things) and we were told an Advisory Committee set up by your club has proved beneficial in club-supporter relations.
Can anyone tell me about the role of the Committee, what jobs they carried out, goals they achieved or put me in touch with a member?  Our thinking was that you might as well speak to the people that it was pinched from and try to find out how to do it right.
Thanks for the help.

---

The SCG (with which I had no connection) was not perfect (having the club choose the members was wrong) but it plainly provided the club with a great deal of collective wisdom and practical experience on issues such as ticketing policy. Would it have made a difference to these 2011/12 prices and changes? Who knows? Sharp price rises, the raising of the OAP age and the scrapping of the five-year pay-ahead scheme always looked on the cards. Particularly the latter two. But at least with the SCG there was a forum at which directors could be asked to justify what they were planning to do.

Under the circumstances the Motherwell copycat move should be filed under the heading of "unintentional irony"...

County, Cathedral, Castle and 59ers lounge....Over a 30%+ increase in the cost of a season ticket for next season....."What recession?"

Players or club employees (including the current CE) are they gonna take a pay cut?.....I had to, so that my employment could remain solvent and competitive....

WAHAY! A padded seat....A plasma TV....A complementary ''full of adverts'' programme....Complementary ''Max-Pax'' cardboard cup of fart-fuel tea or coffee (with economy biccies)...."WHOOPEE DOO!"

Just who or what kind of fan - are the club attempting to cater for?.....

Maybe it''s to create the required room for more of the North Norfolk Farmers and Hunting and Hounds set? Free up seats for Fry''s following of utter twatters? Allow in more celebrideee loving sycophantic affluent Delia cap doffing dullards - to guffaw and snort in celebration after the removal of the average Joe''s, the great unwashed, mediocre malingerers - and the scruffy smelly oiks?

Encircle the Directing Box, with those who enjoy the finer things in life.....and attract those that don''t drink in the local dirty boozers or eat at Morrison''s....But will then feast and drink in the Lounges of Lucre.....REMOVE THE EFFLUENT and BRING IN THE AFFLUENT!

I wonder how many current occupants of these 30%+ price increase for improved decor, lounge and seat, are going to relocate to other areas of the ground?

How many folk will relocate from their 9% increase in cost (but still good value) present seats within the stadium, to then move to the £741.00 for Plasma, Prog, Padding and a Pish beverage area of the stadium - to then free up the seats, so that those not wishing to fork out for the ''perks'' can then enjoy ''no frills, just football'' in another area of the ground?

I''d happily accept a 10% increase to retain my long occupied ''no frills or perks'' plastic pew in the Cathedral Lounge....But a whopping 30%+?

There''s insufficient room in the lounges at half-time as it is.....Folk will chaotically cram in there, standing room only, to snaffle and slurp what they are paying for - and that''s even with limited furniture in the lounges....

Well worth the 30%+  increase.

There''s only 3 urinals and 1 dumpster in the Gents - so are the club going to consult the Football league and ask for a longer half-time to allow supporters to perform their ablutions?

THE CLUB CAN ''RAM IT!''

Back to the Barclay.....Any spare seats?

Overall I personally can''t complain about next seasosn prices. Stripped down per game the prices are far better than paying for single games!

I know it will be a big hit for those in the 60-65 age bracket who''ve already been getting over 60''s reductions but being realistic the only ones in this age group not working are those who retired early with a decent pension, those on incapacity benefit or those unable to get a job something which can effect adults of all ages. I suspect that the majority of 60-65''s will be still in employment. We must remember the state pension age is currently 65 and will be going up to 66 in the not too distant future. Also no disrespect to anyone but anyone whos a bit of a waster and in the 60-65 age bracket probably won''t be ST holders at Carrow Road anyway!

Unless you in the River end it seems like the reduction for N&P Canary accounts has been cut which isn''t right cause now most of the Canary share account holders are going to stop the account which will mean that the % of the average amount held by all Canaryshare A/C holders handed to the club by Norwich and Peterborough building society every year will drop. False economy there I think all for the sake of stopping Canaryshare A/C holders getting between £6-10 of there ST cost!

I don''t think they had the casual prices in the information, probably waiting to see which Division we''ll be in. I hope they offer concessions to 16-21''s casual fans who have a super membership!  

County, Cathedral, Castle and 59ers lounge....Over a 30%+ increase in the cost of a season ticket for next season....."What recession?"

Players or club employees (including the current CE) are they gonna take a pay cut?.....I had to, so that my employment could remain solvent and competitive....

WAHAY! A padded seat....A plasma TV....A complementary ''full of adverts'' programme....Complementary ''Max-Pax'' cardboard cup of fart-fuel tea or coffee (with economy biccies)...."WHOOPEE DOO!"

Just who or what kind of fan - are the club attempting to cater for?.....

Maybe it''s to create the required room for more of the North Norfolk Farmers and Hunting and Hounds set? Free up seats for Fry''s following of utter twatters? Allow in more celebrideee loving sycophantic affluent Delia cap doffing dullards - to guffaw and snort in celebration after the removal of the average Joe''s, the great unwashed, mediocre malingerers - and the scruffy smelly oiks?

Encircle the Directing Box, with those who enjoy the finer things in life.....and attract those that don''t drink in the local dirty boozers or eat at Morrison''s....But will then feast and drink in the Lounges of Lucre.....REMOVE THE EFFLUENT and BRING IN THE AFFLUENT!

I wonder how many current occupants of these 30%+ price increase for improved decor, lounge and seat, are going to relocate to other areas of the ground?

How many folk will relocate from their 9% increase in cost (but still good value) present seats within the stadium, to then move to the £741.00 for Plasma, Prog, Padding and a Pish beverage area of the stadium - to then free up the seats, so that those not wishing to fork out for the ''perks'' can then enjoy ''no frills, just football'' in another area of the ground?

I''d happily accept a 10% increase to retain my long occupied ''no frills or perks'' plastic pew in the Cathedral Lounge....But a whopping 30%+?

There''s insufficient room in the lounges at half-time as it is.....Folk will chaotically cram in there, standing room only, to snaffle and slurp what they are paying for - and that''s even with limited furniture in the lounges....

Well worth the 30%+  increase.

There''s only 3 urinals and 1 dumpster in the Gents - so are the club going to consult the Football league and ask for a longer half-time to allow supporters to perform their ablutions?

THE CLUB CAN ''RAM IT!''

Back to the Barclay.....Any spare seats?

I''ve always thought that the City stand built in 1986 has inferior catering/bar, toilet facilities than the Barclay end which was built in 1992 yet the Barclays cheaper. Plus add in the fact that theres more atmosphere in the Barclay as well!!