Sign in to follow this  
ca

Has anyone had trouble receiving tickets in post?

I ordered my Derby tickets early Monday morning the 8th of Nov which is when they also debited my credit card.

8 days later and no tickets have arrived and as I haven''t ever had a post problem and have had the same postie for ages I rang the club to tell them they haven''t arrived.

They tell me that they can take anything from 7 to 10 days now to be delivered as they now use U K mail which is cheaper than 2nd class post.

All a bit strange thought me as my away tickets this season have always arrived within 3 days at the longest so I rang UK mail. They tell me that the club have a plastic wallet which they fill up with letters and then UK mail then deliver all the letters to your nearest post office so that the postie can then deliver them to you as normal. If they don''t arrive within 10 days you have to ring the club and they fax the away team who will reprint the tickets and you have to then queue up at their ticket office and collect them on the day.

So the moral of the story is if you want to go to Derby ( or any away game) and live out of Norwich so rely on the post, order them at least 10 days before the game otherwise you may not receive your tickets.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]I got mine Saturday I ordered them one day after they were released. They did take longer than usual but I have noticed that a couple of times this season.[/quote]

So you would assume that yours left the club on the Monday morning so they took 6 days, guess there''s still hope for me. [:D]

My millwall tickets didnt turn up til the game of the game, even though I''d ordered pretty much when they went on sale, 2-3 weeks before!

[quote user="rondy"]My millwall tickets didnt turn up til the game of the game, even though I''d ordered pretty much when they went on sale, 2-3 weeks before!
[/quote]

Thats ridiculous though isn''t it, glad you got them just in time though.

Not trouble,but they take much longer to arrive since the booking fee was introduced[^o)]

I ordered my Reading ticket 8 days before the match. I hadn''t received it by the friday before the game so had to phone the office and pick up a reprint at Reading. I finally received the original ticket yesterday. I will buy my Derby ticket at Carrow Road on Saturday.  

Mine still haven''t arrived and I''m on Day 10 now since they took my money.

Not too efficient is it?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Not too efficient is it?

[/quote]

This looks like a case for you sending The Butler an e-mail Angel as this new mailing process seems very sloppy.

[quote user="CT"]That is shocking CA! Why dont you try calling the ticket office and/or visiting them on saturday?[/quote]

I rang them after a week and they said I have to be patient so I''ll pop in on Saturday if they haven''t arrived by then.

I''m not too sure where the problem is though as UK mail ( who they use) tell me that as soon as they receive the post from their customers ( i.e. NCFC in this case)  its delivered to the local post office within 48 hours.

Could be that the club stuff the letters containing tickets into a wallet and don''t get it to UK Mail  until its full, hence the delay.

As Tilly says it needs investigating.Anyone know who is in charge of the ticket office now that Richard has left?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Anyone know who is in charge of the ticket office now that Richard has left?

[/quote]

I reckon the best people to ask are the ticket office Angel[;)]

I do know that Sainsburys Pound Lane store is open ''til 10pm if anybody is still interested[8-|]

Does anybody know what time the last bus goes out of the city to Strumpshaw?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Not too efficient is it?

[/quote]If they haven''t arrived by the day.......I''d boycott the game if I was you............

That''ll larn ''em! [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="CT"]That is shocking CA! Why dont you try calling the ticket office and/or visiting them on saturday?[/quote]

I rang them after a week and they said I have to be patient so I''ll pop in on Saturday if they haven''t arrived by then.

I''m not too sure where the problem is though as UK mail ( who they use) tell me that as soon as they receive the post from their customers ( i.e. NCFC in this case)  its delivered to the local post office within 48 hours.

Could be that the club stuff the letters containing tickets into a wallet and don''t get it to UK Mail  until its full, hence the delay.

As Tilly says it needs investigating.Anyone know who is in charge of the ticket office now that Richard has left?

[/quote]

Give Danny Casey a call Angel.

I had trouble with Birstol Rovers away last year, literally bought the tickets weeks in advance only for them to turn up 3 days after the match! Still the people in the Bristol Rovers ticket office were more than helpful.

I ordered my Ipsh!t tickets on the 1st and they arrived on the following day.

However when I order my Bristol City tickets earlier they arrived with no postage on them so I had to go and collect them and pay an extra £1.32 (the Post Office charge you £1 if the sender didn''t pay the postage up front). This I found annoying more than anything.

Davo

Just goes to show that despite all the hoo-ha over the years about Royal Mail, they are generally better than all these rivals who want to cream the best contracts.I''ve found that other companies that use alternatives to RM are slower at getting their post to me as well.

Yep, when it was Royal Mail I was always confident that if I made a late decision to go to a game and booked tickets on, say, a Wednesday, I''d have them by the Friday in time for the match. Wouldn''t dare do that now.The story above about them sending out tickets without postage so the customer has to pay the postage charge and go to the inconvenience of collecting them is absolutely unforgivable!

[quote user="Davo"]I ordered my Ipsh!t tickets on the 1st and they arrived on the following day. However when I order my Bristol City tickets earlier they arrived with no postage on them so I had to go and collect them and pay an extra £1.32 (the Post Office charge you £1 if the sender didn''t pay the postage up front). This I found annoying more than anything. Davo[/quote]

Well I hope you got that refunded by the club. Does seem from the posts that their new mail system isn''t working too well for some.

Thanks for the name Tilly, will ring Danny today.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Davo"]I ordered my Ipsh!t tickets on the 1st and they arrived on the following day. However when I order my Bristol City tickets earlier they arrived with no postage on them so I had to go and collect them and pay an extra £1.32 (the Post Office charge you £1 if the sender didn''t pay the postage up front). This I found annoying more than anything. Davo[/quote]

Well I hope you got that refunded by the club. Does seem from the posts that their new mail system isn''t working too well for some.

Thanks for the name Tilly, will ring Danny today.

[/quote]

How did you get on CA and have they turned up yet?

[quote user="improper fraction"]Just goes to show that despite all the hoo-ha over the years about Royal Mail, they are generally better than all these rivals who want to cream the best contracts.

I''ve found that other companies that use alternatives to RM are slower at getting their post to me as well.
[/quote]

[Y] I can''t figure out how it works.They undercut RM,but then RM deliver the stuff anyway.Is this why the company is in trouble?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

How did you get on CA and have they turned up yet?

[/quote]

Hallelujah, they arrived today Tilly 13 days after I ordered them and paid for them [:)]

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Oh dear, only ordered mine yesterday. [:(]
[/quote]

*for Derby*
[/quote]

Lets hope they have the sense to post them straightaway then rather than hold them in the ticket office until they have a bag full for UK Mail to collect which I what I suspect happended with mine.

CA I didn''t get a refund as I didn''t complain. It would of cost me more in time and money on the phone trying to get a refund then is worth while.

If it happens again however I will complain.

Davo

Is the general process then if tickets haven''t arrived?I ordered my tickets last Friday at 4pm, and they haven''t arrived. Should I call tomorrow and ask for reprint, held at Coventry?