Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Ruddy is awful!

Seriously why is he even in goal, if he really was a decent keeper he would be making saves blindfolded with both hands behind his back facing towards goal. And his kicking is awful, I mean he hasn''t even scored yet! He only has one assist so far  and to top things off he looks like Deano therefore he must be injury prone. If Forster was here we would have already won the league!!!

Lambert out!!! [:@]

PS: if you couldn''t tell this is a pi ss-take at all the Ruddy moaners.

not awful but very dodgy!!! he doesnt command his box at all as was witnessed a couple of times today when he should have come for crosses and didnt!!!

I know tongue was firmly in cheek ''Crofts'' but I am really worried about him.

I maintain he looks nervous and doesn''t command his area. I feel he should have saved their goal.

Most keepers are good shot stoppers now and Ruddy is no exception but I don''t enjoy watching him.

He does look like Deano and unfortunately he also looks about as mobile.

When Deano used to crouch down very slowly on one knee holding his hamstring, that reminds me of Ruddy trying to get down to make a save.....

......oh look its gone in and we''re one nil down again!

I don''t know about awful, but for me Declan Rudd looks a far better keeper.I think there is one certain other area of the pitch where we play somebody for 90 mins week in week out when he isn''t head and shoulders above the other options we have too.Most of all today yet again showed that we are too lightweight in midfield and invite too much pressure on our back four when the opposition has possession.  I hope that Lambert goes back in for this midfielder he was trying to get on loan this week and I hope to hell that he knows how to put his foot in to a tackle.  This is the main reason why we have got either one or no points so many times this season for me.

[quote user="Smudger"]I don''t know about awful, but for me Declan Rudd looks a far better keeper.[/quote]Based on what Smudge?

Has anyone else noticed how Ruddy seems to perform better and seems more commanding away from home than at carrow road?

To be honest he was good today grabbed 3 crosses no problem and made and absolutely fantastic fingertip save to keep at 1-0 he distribution kicking an throwing was spot on the majority of the time some have got to stop moaning to be honest I was more concerned with Russell Martin who had a torrid time today against Max Gradel .

Not that i''m having a go at him he''s proved me wrong this season I thought R.Martin would struggle and if anything has done coped bette in the championship than he did in league one last season

[quote user="NCFC Sinky"]

Has anyone else noticed how Ruddy seems to perform better and seems more commanding away from home than at carrow road?

To be honest he was good today grabbed 3 crosses no problem and made and absolutely fantastic fingertip save to keep at 1-0 he distribution kicking an throwing was spot on the majority of the time some have got to stop moaning to be honest I was more concerned with Russell Martin who had a torrid time today against Max Gradel .

Not that i''m having a go at him he''s proved me wrong this season I thought R.Martin would struggle and if anything has done coped bette in the championship than he did in league one last season

[/quote]

Good comments and I also thought Russell Martin was a bit iffy today but hey Crofts was poor last week so no one is perfect (other than Lambert).

Could not disagree more over R Martin - he was left exposed all day. How

many teams this season will you see leave Gradel 1 v 1 against their

full back? And of those that do, how many will concede more from this

tactic as a result? I suspect not many and quite a few respectively!If

you watched Martin yesterday, not only was he not overwrought by

Gradel, but he was also able to often communicate with the other City

defenders to ensure that there was as much organisation as possible -

this is possibly a role that he shouldn''t have to undertake, and yet he

does it well.

Ruddy is only 21. Wish people would remember he is still learning, and stop recommending Rudd as he is further behind the learning curve and will probably make lots more mistakes than Ruddy does, which could dent his confidence for a long time.Ruddy makes some very good saves and whilst he made a few stupid decisions today it wasn''t that bad.

[quote user="hogesar"]Ruddy is only 21. Wish people would remember he is still learning, and stop recommending Rudd as he is further behind the learning curve and will probably make lots more mistakes than Ruddy does, which could dent his confidence for a long time.

Ruddy makes some very good saves and whilst he made a few stupid decisions today it wasn''t that bad.
[/quote]

... He''s 24?

He''s just not very convincing at the moment and, as these threads about him show, he hasn''t got the crowd behind him yet.

There were times yesterday when it was really obvious he hadn''t communicated with his defenders well enough and sometimes he is just so slow to get things done.

Made a great save though.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]If he can become more consistent we will be okay but he is a real mixed bag.[/quote]

Nail on the head Rude Old. And this is the problem. Many of us have watched City for many many years, in my case back to Keelan , and if we are honest have been blessed by very good, consistent keepers for much of that time. Sadly, Ruddy isn''t (yet) one of them, and the longer it goes on, the more I ask myself why Rudd isn''t given the chance.

We all want Ruddy to do well. No-one is on a witch hunt. But even in the last two home games, Ruddy will be very disappointed in Burnley''s second and Leeds goal yesterday.  

True.  It''s in our interests that he plays well, and he has made some terrific saves this season. But

if you can get to the ball you should be saving it. Ruddy should be

doing better than this, and he will know it. With goalkeeping it''s

rather black and white. You can''t make silly mistakes, and if you do you

should lose your place and earn the right to play again.

[quote user="paul moy"]I detected a slight element of sarcasm in the original thread. Just me it seems !!!  LOL  [/quote]Yes, but now the adults have moved it on to a proper debate.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Smudger"]I don''t know about awful, but for me Declan Rudd looks a far better keeper.[/quote]Based on what Smudge?[/quote]Based on seeing him play for us slightly less times than Ruddy and never making an error when playing for us.How many errors has Ruddy made this season?Leicester, Burnley and Leeds to name just three.

[quote user="Talk Show Host"]

[quote user="hogesar"]Ruddy is only 21. Wish people would remember he is still learning, and stop recommending Rudd as he is further behind the learning curve and will probably make lots more mistakes than Ruddy does, which could dent his confidence for a long time.Ruddy makes some very good saves and whilst he made a few stupid decisions today it wasn''t that bad.[/quote]

... He''s 24?

[/quote]...how many mistakes has Declan Rudd made in a City shirt so far then Hogs?Can you name just one??? [:$]

Ruddy is going to lose confidence if people keep slagging him off and then where will we be ?  We should get behind him and let Lambert decide who he thinks should play. Personally, I think he''s not done badly at all, and all goalkeepers make mistakes at some time. Our problem is that we are not scoring enough goals at the moment and that does put a lot of pressure on the defence not to concede.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t think Ruddy comes on here to read negative messages about himself....[/quote]

Probably not, but he could well detect negative vibes from the crowd, especially if they start jeering him. Hopefully the feeling on this board is out of kilter with the normal support.  

You can forgive the occasional mistake if its a rare occurrence but with Ruddy it isn''t. Too many little errors and he has made mistakes that have luckily not ended in goals. He is fine in a mid table team but not if we are serious about playoffs. Not convinced by Rudd yet either, seems a bit of a flapped. Maybe a loan spell for him.

Now don’t get me wrong, I believe there have been occasions this season when Ruddy could have performed better than he has but to say that Declan Rudd should take over in goal is a dangerous thing to do.

Sure Ruddy is 24 and older than Declan but 24 is still young in goalkeeping years ..... and 19 is even younger. Have patience both keepers are still learning. Give them the chance to learn. If Declan is pushed into the first team too early it could do much more harm than good.

Last season we had an ex-keeper make the England squad and quite a few people were complaining about us selling him as he was sure to be ‘one for the future’. A young keeper’s careers can change very quickly. How many people still think that we wrong to sell Joe Lewis? Perhaps that was the only good bit of business Roeder did, realising the potential that we have at the club as we must not forget that Jed Steer will be pushing Declan Rudd all the way in a season or two.

But we must not ruin their chances by pushing them too far too early. Most keepers are not at their best until their late twenties.

I haven''t really made my mind up about Ruddy yet; although, I have to say, he does look a bit unsure of himself and unconvincing at times. I will just add that no newspaper has given him a bad mark out of ten so far. His marks range from 8 (very good?) to 6 as far as I can recall. This is both in the local and national press. How much notice you should take of a journalist''s judgment is up to the individual, of course.

Goalkeepers improve with age and i think Ruddy is improving. Unfortunately, we can''t always be so lucky (or loaded) to get a really great keeper who makes great saves AND commands his box, AND has great distribution AND never makes mistakes. That''s what made Forster such an exception because despite being young he was already a great shot stopper, commanding and he hardly ever made mistakes. We were VERY lucky to have him and i think it''s a crying shame we couldn''t keep him. I am totally convinced we''d be 4 to 6 points better off than we are if Forster was in goal for us this season. Fact is, Ruddy or whoever else we got in place of Forster was never going to match up, certainly not straight away and we just have to hope Ruddy gets better. He''s doing ok and he''s no Theoklitos that''s for sure!

Strange how we are level on points with 6th place with such a consistently defective goalkeeper. WTF is Lambert playing at when he''s got an unproven 19 year old on the bench?