Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzy's Ref Watch

Oh dear, where do we start.

Tonight''s game had no flash points and nothing controversial (shown by the fact there were no bookings), so it should have been a stroll in the park. Trying to look at the game and Ref''s performance through the disappointment of it being a poor game from our point of view is tough, but here goes.

After a quarter of an hour Hoolihan was clipped as he chased the ball near to the Snakepit, he couldn''t keep the ball so it ran out for a goal kick. An easy decision for the Ref bring the game back and award us the free kick, he missed the offence and gave a goalkick. Grant Hegley looked either unfit or he couldn''t arsed all game, his running and positioning were appaling. He ran (ran? - jogged more like) no diagonal just up and down the middle of the pitch. The thing that did it for me was the fact the Palace players seemed to control him and not the other way around - at one point he was having a conversation with Davids while the game was going on, and couldn''t have seen anything that might have happened. There was a display of dissent from one Palace defender (which again held the game up) that he should have produced a yellow for but didn''t. As per most weeks the time wasting went unpunished and I had to laugh when he told one of the Palace players to move back a yard with the throw in, which he did only to take another four before throwing it.

Grant Hegley - Could do better 5

Never really noticed the ref. I was distracted by the completely turd football we played.