Sign in to follow this  
Lambo

David Fox

I mentioned this in Ricardo''s thread but who''d like to see him given a chance on Saturday?? With Wes off colour we looked a little short of idea''s going forward tonight and while I rate Lappin & Korey neither of them truely have enough about them to provide those moments when Wes can''t. Fox on the other hand, as we found out on the opening day of last season, is a player capable of pulling the strings from midfield.

Now I know he didn''t impress against Watford however IMO he shouldn''t have been placed at the base of the diamond as he''s not someone thats going to put themselves about and stick a foot it, but in place of Korey or Lappin I think he could be effective and take a little of the responsibility from Wes as playmaker.

Thoughts??

I''ve thought it might be time to put him in for Korey for a while. Young Smith is doing ok but have been pretty average for a few games and downright poor tonight. Fox may be worth a shot.

Lappin seems to have lost some of his excellent crossing ability and become inconsistent, and Korey is combative but hardly the most creative player in the team.

So, much depends on Hooly, and if he has an off-day, or other teams keep him quiet...........

When he is fit Surman will surely make a big difference down the left, even if he is less defensively inclined.

Until then, I agree that Fox should be given a game. Perhaps not at the same time, but soon, I would give Hughes a game as well.

I don''t think it is the time for knee jerk reactions, I think that too many players had an off day last night. The whole team performance was lacking, there aren''t any individuals that the finger can really be pointed at.

Apology - it seems from PL''s interview that Hughes is to have an operation today on his ankle, He does seem unlucky with injuries!

In any case our options on the right are even more reduced, especially with Francomb out on loan. Huighes will be out for several weeks, I assume.

I stick to my point, however, on the creativity of the midifield. How many goals have been created by Hooly, Martin (C), or Holt, and how many have the midfield created? The three man midfield, even including Macnamee, have not been particularly creative.

Come back Surman, and soon!