Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Norwich and Middlesbrough tonight

My cousin always uses my season ticket on a Tuesday night when at I''m uni, so I wasn''t at the game tonight. I always had a bad feeling about this game, especially as we had to make two changes at the back following Saturday. I was just wondering how we played tonight, and how did Steven Smith get on at left back? Hopefully Drury will be back Saturday or the game after.

I was actually at the Forest Vs. Middlesbrough game tonight as my friend had a spare ticket going; Middlesbrough didn''t look like a particularly bad side, but offered very little in the final third of the pitch, in particular Boyd looked extreemly lazy. Looking forward to being back at Carrow Road on Saturday, and hopefully see us bag 3 points! OTBC

I am heading home from Derby for the Boro game too. Was meant to go to the Forest game tonight too, but had a very ''Inbetweeners'' evening! There was an accident on the A52 when we were on the Red Arrow, so the road was closed and wasn''t going to open till 8.30. We decided to walk through the verge onto the slip road and ended up at Risley. We ordered several taxis which didn''t turn up and ended up getting the bus to Market Square and watched the second half of the Arsenal game in a pub!

Boro were absolutely awful. They had one good player: O''neill. Boyd is terrible, and even the Boro fans were getting annoyed with him. If we can''t beat them on Saturday we have problems.

Forest weren''t great either...always backwards!

To answer your queston canary_girl, we were quite poor.  We had quite a lot of possesion in the middle of the pitch but there was no movement and Wes couldn''t keep hold of anything which meant we kept losing possesion quite easily.  Everytime they got the ball they gave it straight to their super fast number 16 who gave the defence a torrid time all night.  He had so much space all the time because Lappin was constantly going in too central trying to win the ball.  There were many who had a bad game but as much as I love the lad, Korey Smith had his worst game for Norwich by far.

As for Steven Smith, I think he could turn out to be quite good for us.  He was up against a really fast player though and tonight he couldn''t really get to grips with him.  However he made one excellent tackle in the first half and showed signs that he could be quite good.  No better than Drury but still good.