Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Palace Match Report on www.dh6.co.uk

Aye, I was definitely at the same match you were at!Agree on Davids, he showed very little of what he used to be. I can only assume a vast wage packet has lured him to Palace, though I would suspect he really doesn''t need the cash. Like you say, best to quit while you''re ahead.

Was it any coincidence Palace started to play much better was Davids was hurled off?

It seemed to have gave their players a release.

That certainly seemed the time that the game turned but I suspect that it happened about the same time as our midfield tired. The Diamond really takes it out of tthe midfield. Especially Wes, Lappin and young Korey. I reckon Saturdays exertions caught up with them second half.

Good report as always - agree that Crofts was once again the MoM, fantastic signing.

Really disappointing especially as we started so well - the through ball from Wes to Jackson made me think that we were in for a real treat.

What''s your view on the 5 up front in the dying embers of the game? Worth a go or a bit pointless?

Nothing in that report i''d disagree with. I was really disappointed with how short of idea''s we looked going forward last night, do you think we''re too reliant on Hoolahan to make things happen Hucks?? From what i''ve seen over the past season and a bit is that when he doesn''t play well Norwich don''t play well, would you make any changes on Saturday to try and help with this?

[quote user="hucksdh6"]not much feed back or action on here today![/quote]

It''s because everyone was drowning their sorrows last night!!

Very good report Huck,s

I thought that we desperately missed Ward and Drury last night, and as such our midfield seemed to have to track back too many times  in the second half exposing our lack bodies in the middle of the pitch, this allowed them to overlap on the right on far to many occasions for my liking.

What worried me most was that we seemed to have slipped back to not being first to any ball out from either defence, something that was far too apparent during our fall from the Championship 2 years ago. This was highlighted in abundance last night and I thought that Palace looked sharper as a result of this and more likely to expose us on counter attacks.

All in all they played us very well and exposed our weaknesses, fair result in my opinion as we did not deserve a draw.

Korey and Crofts ran their legs off again trying to close down but with no Drury overlaps on the left we always look well short of ideas ( especially after Wes went off ),very  frustrating 15 mins of going sideways , not forward)

Lapps unlucky not to net with his fierce drive as was Jackson with a tremendous strike, should they have gone in I could not have seen them getting back into it , but they didn’t and we let them back into the game oh so easily.

Agree with your MOTM

Cannot disagree with you Hucks...thought Askou and S Smith looked slow and lethargic. There was little inspiration in the centre however I didn''t think Hoolahan had a bad game, he was just well marked. I''m concerned that Holty and Jackson only had 2 meaningful chances between them, unless you count the Jackson header as a good chance. I cannot remember the last time Holty got a shot in at Carrow Rd (apart from the slide goal).