DM: Crofts, Fox

RM: K Smith

LM: Lappin

AM/Wing: Hoolahan, McNamee, Daley

ST: Holt, Johnson

ST:Jackson, C Martin

Loaned out: Gill, Tudur-Jones, Francomb, Adeyemi, McDonald

Injured: Surman, Nelson, Hughes, Drury, Whitbread

It''s worrying that we now seem to have a paper-thin squad and only really have cover up front and in goal and worrying that Askou is our only cover in the whole defence and Fox in the entire midfield bar wingers.

I feel that in the next few days we will see a loan or two coming in to cover preferably a full-back and creative midfielder.

apart from Adeyemi and McDonald aren''t the other loans short term, so can probably be recalled if needed?

That would add two to midfield and one to defence

As for loans coming in i wouldn''t think so at the moment and even if PL wants to is there any budget left to get anyone?

When you look at it all written down position by position it does look paper thin.

[quote user="Lambo"]Has Gill played for Posh yet? I''ve seen no mention of him on the FL show.[/quote]

Mathew Gill returned to Peterborough United on a

one-month loan from Norwich City and has been a regular in the starting

line-up, filling in for James Wesolowski and Grant McCann. Gill started

his professional career at London Road, spending nine years with the

club after coming through the youth ranks.

Source: Peterborough offical website

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Luckily Mcnamee can play on right or left
[/quote]

Unluckily, he''s rubbish

[/quote]

Looked our most dangerous player at the end of our Palace game. How is he actually rubbish?

Loans are very expensive, Where will the extra funds to finance them come from? Save money for when it is really needed. I would like to get Barnett permanently for example.

I don''t think that this squad is too thin in any case. There is a bit of flexibility there (eg. Smith at right back, Martin at centre back,) some injured players are not seriously hurt and others are soon to return. and we seem a solid unit as a whole. Besides, youngsters like Daley need to be involved if they are to progress.

The first aim of this season, survival, seems to have been achieved with consumate ease. Theoretically we can slip very quickly, but I doubt anybody on this Board sees  this happening.  

We have been too far down the loan route before and I, personally, only like using loans in moderation. In fact, it is good to see that we are now a "loaning" club rather than the other way round.

It is interesting to note that Keane is increasingly filling his squad with loanees at Ips___ and that there is now a lot of discontentment amongst the supporters there about player commitment and the manager''s constant team changing, all brought about by a decline in results and performances.  There are reminders of the Roeder era at Portman Road at the moment , so watch that space.

We have a squad of , very largely, Norwich City players signed sealed and ready for action. Keep it that way.