Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Neil Adams was way off the mark when he said...

... that we had played well. I''ve just watched the extended highlights, expecting some great football from us, but (apart from one or two players) we were awful. No closing down, no invention, crap defending, no bottle. How can Neil Adams say we played well? The sooner we get two new full backs, the better, as we looked in trouble every time the ball went wide. Hurry up and replace Fleming with Shackell as well - can anyone tell me what he was doing when the cross came in for the goal, he was in a little world of his own? Jonson was a joke and Francis did very little again. Up front, Ashton''s inability to score can be put down to inexperience, but not Huckerby - how many one-on-ones does he need before he finally scores, for goodness sake! Credit to Greeno yet again, the Doc (in patches) and Gary Holt (immense). Stuart looked OK and Leon looked lively again. But, on the whole, we looked second rate. For months, I''ve been fooling myself that we''re better than we actually are, that we''ve been unlucky, that things would eventually fall into place. The sad reality finally sunk in tonight - we''re just not good enough for the Premier League this time around. 

Sorry Link - you''re wrong here and Neil was right.

The team played well, defended much better than of late, the battling on an appalling pitch which made control, passing and really decent football impossible, was first rate. We created as many chances as Everton (yes Hucks really should have scored I agree on that), they got the lucky break after Greeno''s save, and Wiley must have turned temporarily blind a few minute later missing a blatant penalty.

Highlights can lie you know - take the same spirit and prformance into Saturday''s pitch battle and I won''t be complaining. All we need is Lady Luck in our corner for once: mind you she seems to have desserted west Brom too so maybe just maybe...

Link, you''re absolutely way off the mark because this has to be one of our best performances away from home all season, and how we didn''t get anything from it i''ll never know. God i hate that a*****le Alan Wiley. How the hell could he not have seen that hand ball?? he was about 5 feet away from it!!! If this proves to be a costly point lost come the end of the season then god help him!!