Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

strange game!

Just thinking about today''s game, and it actually was a strange game. We were outplayed for large parts, and didn''t have many opportunities, But I was never really fearful of losing our lead untill maybe the last few minutes, including when they missed an absolute cracking chance to draw level. We didn''t play nearly as well as we possibly can, but got a great 3 points. The strange thing is that although we didnt play very well, we had a lot of top perfrmances, in particularly, IMO, Ward, Barnett, Crofts and Lappin were top today, and I thought Mcnammee, Holt and jackson had very good games aswell. nothing better than grinding out these results, and off we go to Cardiff next week with nothing to fear! OTBC NMTD COYY!!!

I don''t think we were too bad at all. Just consider that we completely changed our system which meant we were not as confident as we could have been - 442 is a rarity for us and you could see we were having to think about what we were doing.

The outcome was we sat deeper than we needed which gave them space tp play, but our organisation was good enough to keep them at arms length. The centre halves were good and Fox & Crofts covered well.

Not bad at all really.

[quote user="ryan1992"]Just thinking about today''s game, and it actually was a strange game. We were outplayed for large parts, and didn''t have many opportunities, But I was never really fearful of losing our lead untill maybe the last few minutes, including when they missed an absolute cracking chance to draw level. We didn''t play nearly as well as we possibly can, but got a great 3 points. The strange thing is that although we didnt play very well, we had a lot of top perfrmances, in particularly, IMO, Ward, Barnett, Crofts and Lappin were top today, and I thought Mcnammee, Holt and jackson had very good games aswell. nothing better than grinding out these results, and off we go to Cardiff next week with nothing to fear! OTBC NMTD COYY!!![/quote]I wouldn''t say we were outplayed, never really felt they were going to score if they had played all night. We had more near misses than them and more posession than them according to the stats, well deserved 3 points imo.

Maybe I worded my post wrong, but i didnt mean outplayed as we were the worse team, i just meant we had less possesion and let them attack us to a point and yet kept them at bay and stopped them from creating much throughout the game. We were never really in danger, and  credit must surely be aimed at the defence and the center mids for allowing Boro to have the ball but not really doing anything with it, Top and very clever performance from our lads! no injuries and i cant remember any bookings either, shows you dont have to be  firing on all cylinders to get a result at this level. great tactical victory!