Sign in to follow this  
TheMarshmallowMan

The Official Doomsayers Thread

Surely you must agree it is looking mighty ominus for us now. Poor finishing has cost us again in a match which according to Sky TV we played the better stuff.

Saturday is the most crucial game of the season for us. WE SIMPLY CANNOT LOSE IT! If we do then for sure it is curtains.

First of all, I love Norwich City, I live hours away, yet I get to all the games.

As much as I''d love to be wrong, I strongly feel that if we dont beat WBA, we''ll find it extremely difficult to catch up with WBA, Palace and Soton.

I really hope I''m wrong, I''d love to see us hold our own and have the same amazing adventure next season.

Me

Good one!

I just hope all the pessimists don''t go to the game one Saturday, or we''ll definitely lose.

"Pessimistic rubbish", after the way we played tonight. I call it realism - despite the effort, we''re just not good enough to stay up this time around. The league table doesn''t lie. And by the way, I will be there on Saturday, just like I am when we aren''t in this League!

[quote]Post all your pessimistic rubbish in here a la, "We''re relegated", "We have no chance" and "If we don''t beat WBA we''re down". Thanks[/quote]

So what''s changed at the bottom after this week''s matches - not a lot if you ask me so why the sudden talk of we''re doomed etc

OK, Saturday''satch is important but it won''t be the end if we don''t win

There is a difference between being pessimistic and realistic, BIC.

The fact is every single City player on the pitch at Goodison played their hearts out, all gave 110% and we still couldn''t break down a pretty poor team.  It was soul destroying to see them bundle a lucky goal in, but also to see Ashton and Huckerby (Hucks especially) miss guilt edge chances to put us 1 up.  There is no way on earth we deserved to lose that game, but the fact is we did.  We are not good enough to kill games like that off and that is why we can''t cut it at this level.

I think you could probably say that it was a game that Palace would have probably taken something from.  But we couldn''t.  We lack a cutting edge, and on that evidence we will not be in the Premiership come June.

I will be there on Saturday being all optimistic like everyone else, but deep down I think I know inevitable eventual outcome.

Right after the game I accepted Championship football, however now looking at it we''re still pretty much in the same position. Obviously we need 3 points on Saturday and a bit of fortune in the other games.

Having watched the highlights on Sky though we''re still looking very worrying in defence. Neil Adams commented several times last night that we were sitting too deep and inviting pressure, it certainly looked that way and once more we allowed players free headers in the six yard box. Something needs to change defensively, give Shackell a go instead of Fleming and bring Helveg in at right back with Charlton at left back. Hucks on left wing, Stuart on right with Francis and Holt/Safri in middle. Ashton and Leon up front.

We''re not dead but the games against our relegation rivals will decide it IMHO

It''ll never be over until mathematically we''re safe, but realistically if we can''t beat WBA at home, a team who have not won away from home and sit at the bottom of the table, then just where the hell are the points going to come from? Maybe Brian Barwick will magic some our way because he likes Delia''s cooking, but come on, winning just two out of 25 does not give much hope for winning 6 out of 13. Am I a doomsayer? Well, I don''t give a stuff about that but Saturday''s match is about as must win as they come.

I must say I agree with Tumbleweed.  WBA IS a must win game because if we can''t beat them at home, it''s hard to see us getting a win against anyone.

Also, while I will acknowledge that despite another loss we are in no worse a position, I disagree that it is a positive point.  Firstly although Palace are still in touching distance, we are simply just running out of games to catch them.  They are the team in control at the moment and technically they could lose all their remaining games and still stay up!

[quote]There is a difference between being pessimistic and realistic, BIC. The fact is every single City player on the pitch at Goodison played their hearts out, all gave 110% and we still couldn''t break do...[/quote]

I agree, but what about looking on the bright side rather than being negative, which is what most of you seem to be doing. Pessimists always defend themselves by saying they''re being realists. I just hope Worthy and the team aren''t as pessimistic as you lot or we''ll lose all our remaining games.
How many of you actually thought we were going to get something out of last night''s game? Well we didn''t get anything, so why the long faces?
Perhaps many of you don''t remember our promotion campaign in 1981-2. I suggest you take a look at what happened to remind yourselves of how a season can change for the better very quickly.

Not much has changed since the start of the week - some games where our competitors could have pulled away from us (Palace) ended up with results in our favour.  Losing 1-0 in a dire game away to a champions league contender who have an excellent home rcord is no disgrace.

At last we are again creating chances (OK we are still missing them!) so I can at least see us scoring, which wasnt the case after the xmas games.  

However the honorable templeton states if we can''t pick up three points against the baggies then we are indeed doomed!

OTBC