Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Lost my Season Ticket

Has anyone found it please? The front office want £50 for a replacement. It is for the Upper Barclay. Sorry to trouble you all.

I do feel for you.  However, if someone has found a season ticket how will they know it is yours? 

Also if someone has found a season ticket then they are obliged to hand it in to the club.

Have you reported it to the club?

[quote user="Bobert"]Has anyone found it please? The front office want £50 for a replacement. It is for the Upper Barclay. Sorry to trouble you all.[/quote]One less pansy in the ground....I see it as a positive.

I can give them my name, seat and row if they ask. If someone picked it up they may just have forgotten they have it or not got round to handing it in.

Yes I have asked at the ticket office and also at "Yellows". You get 10% discount on a meal at "Yellows" with a season ticket.

Discussing the loss with my neighbour she is horrified at the cost of a replacement card. The NHI charge £50 for a replacement hearing aide too. The Government are knocking £50 off the Chrismas fuel allowance. £50 is becoming the norm!

Bobert, this was something I posted on at the start of the season. I think charging £50 is utterly ridiculous. The cost of replacing a piece of computer printed plastic cannot get anywhere near this. YES I understand charging for the perennial losers but for the first time it is quite scandalous.

Doesn''t help you find the ticket but I am with you on the £50.

I agree £50 is a lot but from what I''ve heard there have been people claiming they ''lost'' their ticket, paying the £20 for a replacement and getting a duplicate season card for their mate to sneak in with. In the lower Barclay where everyone stands it would be easy to squeeze in another person without the stewards noticing. The cost of updating the turnstiles to electronic barcode ones is also prohibitive. So it''s a shame for people who genuinely lose their ticket, but unfortunately there''s a few chancers who force them to take action.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]I agree £50 is a lot but from what I''ve heard there have been people claiming they ''lost'' their ticket, paying the £20 for a replacement and getting a duplicate season card for their mate to sneak in with. In the lower Barclay where everyone stands it would be easy to squeeze in another person without the stewards noticing. The cost of updating the turnstiles to electronic barcode ones is also prohibitive. So it''s a shame for people who genuinely lose their ticket, but unfortunately there''s a few chancers who force them to take action.[/quote]

Yes, that was definately happening.  Can`t blame the club for bringing in the charge to put people off.  Shame for those who genuinely lose theirs, but i suppose the moral of the story is be extra careful and don`t lose it!

So therefore, even if it costs £50 to replace a ''lost'' season ticket.....Attending 2 games wedged amongst the persistent standers using the ''bootleg'' replacement season ticket in the Barclay - will soon cover and replace the cost of the supposed lost season ticket....Hardly going to discourage the determined and unscrupulous....is it?

I mean, some geezers an'' birds can easily blow £50+ on a match day - just on a social booze and grub and transport costs etc...

Maybe £50 for a replacement season ticket - isn''t actually a really credible and sufficient deterrent?

[quote user="Bobert"]Has anyone found it please? The front office want £50 for a replacement. It is for the Upper Barclay. Sorry to trouble you all.[/quote]

So did you find it or did you pay up?

[quote user="Bobert"]Has anyone found it please? The front office want £50 for a replacement. It is for the Upper Barclay. Sorry to trouble you all.[/quote]

I found it, Bobert [img]http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

My mate asked me to say cheers [img]http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]