Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

My Middlesbrough match report now on www.dh6.co.uk

Good stuff Hucks. Seems to chime with what they were saying in the commentary. Although some people on here seem to think Macca wasn''t very good today.

I''m not at all impressed with your advice to the ''boro board at the end tho!!!

I think they could be in trouble. Doesnt look like they have much depth on the bench to call upon, so injuries might hurt them. They didnt create much so you always felt one goal would probably be enough and so it proved. Boyd didnt get much decent service but was pretty poor. Middlesborough''s start hasn''t been a good endorsement of the standard of the SPL much of which I believe is league 1 at best.

[quote user="a1canary"]Good stuff Hucks. Seems to chime with what they were saying in the commentary. Although some people on here seem to think Macca wasn''t very good today. I''m not at all impressed with your advice to the ''boro board at the end tho!!![/quote]

AN-TO-NEEE MAC-NA-MEEEE, NOT AS GOOD AS HUCK-ER-BEEEE!!!!

Agreed with you Hucks that Ward was my MOTM too. He won absolutely everything in the air and on the ground too, but also put in a series of fantastic blocks. I also thought that Ruddy looked very assured today, his handling was brilliant. The haters still get on his back especially when he holds onto the ball longer than usual, but I think he is just being safe. fox nearly nicked the ball off a Boro defender when their goalie stupidly rolled it out to an unsuspecting defender.

Seeing us today with Elliot Ward and Tuesday without has shown us all just how vital he is to us, absoloute rock. Barnett joining permanently is a must. With those two at the heart of our defense we have a great foundation to build from.

"Boyd as sharp as a rubber".

Brilliant!

Kris Boyd, like the other ex-Glasgow contingent at Boro'' seems to be finding even the Championship difficult-guess playing, as they did, in such dominant teams as Celtic and Rangers made their job easier-more time, more space, lesser, in some cases, opponents, in terms of teams and players.

Can look good there for those reasons, but struggle when the competition, the pace & the ferocity of the game (and no one is going to stand off/respect teams like Boro the way they might have done for Celtic and Rangers) is so much more intense-what price Boyd, or any of them, retreat back to Scotland as the end of the season?

Remember Ally McCoist came down here to Sunderland early in his career, was red hot and couldn''t stop scoring and getting the headlines, but ended up literally being chased out of Sunderland, only to pick up where he left off, upon his return there with Rangers. Class will tell-we saw it with Flecky, he became a top level striker with us, but struggled with Chelsea. You wonder if the clichhe is actually true and all players have their "level", a personal and playing peak for them, above which, their game is not the same?

Must say I agree with all, these comments.

Hucks reports are incisive and give a different perspective from ''trained'' journalists.

Thanks Hucks..

Hucks and Lambo - two gods. The Yella religion!!