Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Wazzy's Ref Watch

Another match with no flash points or conroversial decisions, another straight forward match for the Ref.

Mr Linington gave freekicks to Middlesborough at will (I swear he gave one when a strong breeze took one of their players over). He then went on to confuse us by giving freee kicks where there shouldn''t have been one and where there was a blatant one he didn''t bother. He gave City a free kick on the edge of the Boro'' box paced the wall out and stood and watched as the players moved forward (straight out of the Andy D''urso book of how not to Ref). By not watching the game, he only made the Boro keeper take a free kick from the right place by the crowd protesting, and the same for one of their corners. Hesitation like this will be pounced on by players who will then take any opportunity to argue with a decison, potentially causing him to doubt his own decisions. I couldn''t argue with the yellow cards.

James Linington - Very Average 5

Unless I missed something, it took us 53 minutes to get a free-kick out of this guy today. 53 minutes! We were winning the foul count about 11-0 (I think, I was losing count) at that stage.

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Another match with no flash points or conroversial decisions, another straight forward match for the Ref.

Mr Linington gave freekicks to Middlesborough at will (I swear he gave one when a strong breeze took one of their players over). He then went on to confuse us by giving freee kicks where there shouldn''t have been one and where there was a blatant one he didn''t bother. He gave City a free kick on the edge of the Boro'' box paced the wall out and stood and watched as the players moved forward (straight out of the Andy D''urso book of how not to Ref). By not watching the game, he only made the Boro keeper take a free kick from the right place by the crowd protesting, and the same for one of their corners. Hesitation like this will be pounced on by players who will then take any opportunity to argue with a decison, potentially causing him to doubt his own decisions. I couldn''t argue with the yellow cards.

[/quote]

Love these post First wazzock but must ask you to observe the linesmen Sorry referees assistant too, as this was the reason the free kick was bought back.

Keep up the good work. but please don''t get to yellow and green

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Love these post First wazzock but must ask you to observe the linesmen Sorry referees assistant too, as this was the reason the free kick was bought back.

Keep up the good work. but please don''t get to yellow and green

If I got that wrong I apologise, but from where I sat it looked as if the Ref and linesman (sorry assistant Ref) were blankly looking at each other, with neither willing to commit themselves. Unless the lino flagged and I missed it.

[/quote]

Another point I forgot to add from the original post was the lack of action he took having witnessed the pushing, shirt pulling and general shoving going on at corners.

The first foul was not awarded against ''Boro until after the 61st minute.

This odd stat caught my eye whilst ''watching the match on my wireless''.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

The first foul was not awarded against ''Boro until after the 61st minute.

This odd stat caught my eye whilst ''watching the match on my wireless''.

OTBC

[/quote]

It was quite amazing.

He awarded ''Boro so many free kicks, I thought he must have them down for an away win. [;)]

I''d have given him a 3, couldn''t believe the amount of free kicks he gave them for the slightest contact on their players and then didn''t give anything for a similar contact on our players. If a ref is crap for both sides it''s bad but when he''s so biased towards one side it''s so damn frustrating. I''m amazed he didn''t overule the linesman and disallow our goal.

He made a terrible decision in the first 5 seconds of the match. From the kick-off we played a high ball out to the wing and Holty got up well to jump for the header. The Boro defender made no attempt to go for the ball but just moved in front of Holt and made a back for Holt to go over and crash to the ground from quite a height. It happened right in front of me and unbelievably the ref penalised Holt. As the bloke next to me said, it looked like the ref came to the ground on the Middlesbrough bus.