Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

I think people in here talk sense

I was so frustrated to see on the other messageboard, I really cannot believe they were so called themselves Norwich City fans by posting "Play Holt = 0 points"! It was absolutely disgrace. It was non-sense and stubborn to define a defensive midfielder can decide a team''s fate. People just like blast on on Gary Holt for no reasons because they want to see Safri and Francis in midfield!!!

Did Gary Holt give the ball away to cause our goal? Did Gary Holt make foul tackle to give away free kick and concede the goal? But did the true Norwich fans consider, our strikers didn''t take out chances???? Absolutely frustrated about those fans!!!

Gary Holt was superb tonight, he covered more grass and made more tackles in this game than Mulryne all season. The team looked solid with him in the team.

Welcome back Gary Holt

[quote]Gary Holt was superb tonight, he covered more grass and made more tackles in this game than Mulryne all season. The team looked solid with him in the team. Welcome back Gary Holt[/quote]

Agree 110%.

I''ve criticised the bloke for his lack of creativity in the past but we''ve missed his ability to fill in the full backs by instinct, and I can''t think of anyone I''d rather have in my trench if I were in a pitched battle (which we now are).

Nice to see him back and with him in the team the midfield look a lot more solid and are competing for the ball more often which is important. Great to have him back and playing the whole 90mins as now we have someone who can inspire the rest of the players to give that extra effort that could make the difference. 3 pts on saturday please!!

The problem is that Holt can''t do it all on his own.  The rest of the midfield looked lightweight with tackles being lost all over the place, too much space for Everton led to us defending deep again. 

I haven''t seen the game, but a point I will raise just based on comments all over messageboards, the word''s I''m seeing are "we defended too deep".    That is exactly what we do everytime Holt plays.   We were defending deep in every match right up to his nasty exit.   We hadn''t done it since and now he is back we did it again.  Regardless of other midfielders losing the ball, Holt simply does not play as a proper centre midfielder, he sits too close to the defenders leaving a big hole for Francis to cover on his own, hence the oppostion have more time to build their attacks through the middle.

Holt is a professional and Norwich through and through and his work rate is unmatched by anyone else in the squad, but he does not do us any favours with his positioning.  This is surely a coaching issue?

To be honest i dont think the lads done too badly, considering we were playing the team in 4th spot away, on a pitch which made sloughbottom look like a billiard table.
if we took our chances and the ref ( stevie wonder ) had seen what everyone else in the stadium had seen, we would of had a penalty. If we cant get decisions like that, what chance have we got.
As Worthington says its a thin dividing line. in both games against everton, we could and should of got results, so who is in a false position, them or us.

False position!!!?   Are you serious?   How long have you watched football?

They aren''t 4th because they have been lucky and we aren''t 2nd from bottom because we have been unlucky.   We missed 3 one on ones right?   Our defence was poor for the goal and our midfield sat too deep inviting them onto us.  Yes we were unlucky with the penalty decision, but if our strikers could strike at a better rate and our defenders defend we would have won in open play.

chill out sf, i have watched football for 45 years, played at a very good standard and i ask a question about false positions not make a statement. judging on some of the city performances and referees in ability to award us penalties, put together with our two performances against 4th placed everton, who you say are in the right position, imo we could be higher in the table then all the moaners might be happier. it comes back to the thin dividing line, taking in the wider picture we are probably in a false position but we need more luck rather than big team changes.

Moaners? What the hell do the moaners have to do with it??!!If we are in the bottom three, we get relegated, no matter who is positive or negative about it.So, if it comes to the end of the season and we are still in the "false" position of 19th, do we get to stay up on the premise that we could have done better? No. We go down. I don''t mind that, I would just like to go down playing good football and scoring some goals.