Sign in to follow this  
Heresyourfathersgun

The faded legend that is Darren Huckerby

Surely a man of your stature can afford two televisions Hucks! Either that or you''ve bagsied the remote for later tonight to watch The Football League Show!

I hide the remote every Saturday about 20 past 10... that way I get MOTD and FLS. The Mrs ends up sitting there sulking but it''s worth the hassle usually.

Nothing wrong with a Saturday night in. It''s called contentment. I''ve had a full day in the City followed by a chinese and a bit of telly. Instead of getting pissed and trying to act like a teenager on Riverside it''s up early on a Sunday, nice roast meal in the pub, walk in the countryside and some reading or other interests.

If the OP thinks being a legend is propping up some seedy bar while trying to score a single mother good luck to him. I prefer to choose my pleasures and that includes my social life. When you mature you tend to stop following the crowd.

If Hucks likes home time mixed with a bit of media banter he is like many others who feel they no longer have anything to prove having got to where they want to be.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Nothing wrong with a Saturday night in. It''s called contentment. I''ve had a full day in the City followed by a chinese and a bit of telly. Instead of getting pissed and trying to act like a teenager on Riverside it''s up early on a Sunday, nice roast meal in the pub, walk in the countryside and some reading or other interests.

If the OP thinks being a legend is propping up some seedy bar while trying to score a single mother good luck to him. I prefer to choose my pleasures and that includes my social life. When you mature you tend to stop following the crowd.

If Hucks likes home time mixed with a bit of media banter he is like many others who feel they no longer have anything to prove having got to where they want to be.

[/quote]

Give him a kiss Hucks. Make his nose glow.

[quote user="hucksdh6couk"]glass of wine in hand, wife''s watching cheryl cole thing, got no choice![/quote]

Same in my household last night Hucks, you men know how to keep us women happy[:)]

There''s all too many footballers out there who don''t come near Huckerby for quality and they have an holier than thou attitude.How refreshing it is that the former is a down to earth bloke who rubs shoulders with the rest of us who love the game [img]http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

[quote user="Shyster"]There''s all too many footballers out there who don''t come near Huckerby for quality and they have an holier than thou attitude.

How refreshing it is that the former is a down to earth bloke who rubs shoulders with the rest of us who love the game [img]http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Totally and utterly agree. No ego trip here.

Hucks = [*]

[quote user="hucksdh6.co.uk"]glass of wine in hand, wife''s watching cheryl cole thing, got no choice![/quote]I was watching Cheryl Cole too, but it wasn''t a glass of wine I had in my hand.Anyway.... you and I should talk about setting up a road race in Norfolk (10k/half-marathon) to raise money for (and awareness of) your charitable trust.

Why go out to a restaurant while there is food in the fridge?It comes with maturity.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]You are my virtual pro on Fifa 11 Hucks!Can you share with me your height, weight? :D[/quote]

Oh dear, another poster with faggot credentials in our midst.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]You are my virtual pro on Fifa 11 Hucks!Can you share with me your height, weight? :D[/quote]

Oh dear, another poster with faggot credentials in our midst.[/quote]Noo lol, he''s just my player as I play winger generally (Both ingame and irl) and I just like it to be accurate :P

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]You are my virtual pro on Fifa 11 Hucks!Can you share with me your height, weight? :D[/quote]

Oh dear, another poster with faggot credentials in our midst.[/quote]He he he.......Cutting and beautifully delivered.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]You are my virtual pro on Fifa 11 Hucks!Can you share with me your height, weight? :D[/quote]

Oh dear, another poster with faggot credentials in our midst.[/quote]He he he.......Cutting and beautifully delivered.[/quote]Not really, bit out of order.Not sure how this poster gets away with repeatedly using this derogatory term. Wouldn''t want kids to pick it up, its moronic.

Norwich '' R '' Us -- [quote]Not really, bit out of order.Not sure how this poster gets away with repeatedly using this derogatory term. Wouldn''t want kids to pick it up, its moronic.[/quote]

Pft - seriously - racism, homophobia, sexism and violence all pale into insignificance in light of the ultimate crime that is daring to suggest that someone''s freedom of expression should be curtailed.

Get over yourself.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]
You are my virtual pro on Fifa 11 Hucks!
Can you share with me your height, weight? :D
[/quote]Just look up his stats from the last time he played and then add 2 stone [;)]

[quote user="hucks"]glass of wine in hand, wife''s watching cheryl cole thing, got no choice![/quote]X-factor rubbish, that even more god awful Dancing or the pinkun.. can''t say i blame ya Hucks!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="hucks"]glass of wine in hand, wife''s watching cheryl cole thing, got no choice![/quote]

X-factor rubbish, that even more god awful Dancing or the pinkun.. can''t say i blame ya Hucks!
[/quote]

Think by the Cheryl Cole thingy he meant Cheryl Cole on the Piers Morgan ''''Life Stories ''''  rather than x factor or she could have been like me and watched both shows.

[quote user="Shyster"]Norwich '' R '' Us -- [quote]Not really, bit out of order.Not sure how this poster gets away with repeatedly using this derogatory term. Wouldn''t want kids to pick it up, its moronic.[/quote]

Pft - seriously - racism, homophobia, sexism and violence all pale into insignificance in light of the ultimate crime that is daring to suggest that someone''s freedom of expression should be curtailed.

Get over yourself.[/quote]

Inane conclusions, a social commentary devoid of any actual experience, suggests an angry, but detached author, no foundation or reverence to even recent global political history, a poorly constructed and

ineffective assertion. F-.

Freedom must be cherished but not as a one way relationship, it should always

be honoured with the same respect and responsibility that its blessed you with.

If ''freedom'' translated simply as ''open licence to be an a***hole'' as you seem to

believe it does, it wouldn''t really be such a wonderful thing now would it.

Tell me Shyster, is there enough time on the clock to broaden that narrow mind of yours?

[quote user="Shyster"]Norwich '' R '' Us -- [quote]Not really, bit out of order.Not sure how this poster gets away with repeatedly using this derogatory term. Wouldn''t want kids to pick it up, its moronic.[/quote]

Get over yourself.[/quote]

Inane conclusions, a social commentary devoid of

any actual experience, suggests an angry, but detached author, no

foundation or reverence to even recent global political history, a

poorly constructed and

If ''freedom'' translated simply as ''open licence to be an a***hole'' as you seem to

Tell me Shyster, is there enough time left on the clock to broaden that narrow mind of yours?

Inane conclusions, a social commentary devoid of any actual experience, suggests an angry, but detached author, no foundation or reverence to even recent global political history, a poorly constructed and

Tell me Shyster, is there enough time on the clock to broaden that narrow mind of yours?

Any further up your own arse and you''d be a bloody tonsil......Dear oh dear oh dear........

Re Hucks:Cheers, mate! :)If you have Fifa 11 and play with the virtual pro, be sure to look out for someone called D.Huckerby, with "Legend" on the back of the shirt.:)Got any decent pictures of your face, there''s not really any ideal ones I can use for my game face :P(I''m starting to sound like a stalker I know ^_^)

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="hucksdh6.co.uk"]glass of wine in hand, wife''s watching cheryl cole thing, got no choice![/quote]I was watching Cheryl Cole too, but it wasn''t a glass of wine I had in my hand.Anyway.... you and I should talk about setting up a road race in Norfolk (10k/half-marathon) to raise money for (and awareness of) your charitable trust.[/quote]I  might even make to long trip to Norwich for the Darren Huckerby half marathon, I could start and finish at Carrow Road, great idea.