Sign in to follow this  
Sing up the river end

Match day pies going downhill ??

Well I got lambasted by Morty for saying they should be supplied by the shop by the pub at Blickling Hall. They sell pies to be proud of.

I am told that on his appointment the Chief Executive wrote to all Carrow Suppliers asking for a reduction of 5% on their prices and none refused but of course they are going to recoup their 5% by other means such as reducing quality.

You get what you pay for and as I said last time has anyone ever seen delia eating a match day pie?

personally, I go to matches to watch football and not to pay rip-off prices for food and drink inside the stadium. Does anyone seriously expect quality catering at a football match outside of corporate facilities?

[quote user="crafty canary"]personally, I go to matches to watch football and not to pay rip-off prices for food and drink inside the stadium. Does anyone seriously expect quality catering at a football match outside of corporate facilities?[/quote]All I ment was I thought they used to be ok but now is a different matter.Just wondering if it was my tastes or not :).Should of guessed I would of got answers like its Delia''s fault as one  idiot has already put *sighs*

Good on you River for bringing it up.  For the price we pay they need to start looking at the quality. OK people can say it''s only a pie/drink etc but for the cost it''s not unreasonable to expect a decent standard.  It''s not a bad thing to ask, it''s buisness.  Everyone is happy to pay a little over the odds as the revenue goes back to the club but it should be a decent standard in return.

[quote user="crafty canary"]personally, I go to matches to watch football and not to pay rip-off prices for food and drink inside the stadium. Does anyone seriously expect quality catering at a football match outside of corporate facilities?[/quote]I think if you pay good money for a pie - and they aren''t cheap - they should at least be tasty.  It''s just another example of Delia''s Norwich City treating the fans like morons, idiots, mugs, fools, neanderthals.

On a serious note which Pie did you have today? the Match day pies used to be supplied by a local company with the main Steak and Kidney and the pasties being bought from up north.

I know the supplier personally of the match day pies and can speak to them but am not sure if this is the one that you are commenting on?

I''m sure the match day special pies have less filling in them than they used to. My thoughts on this is that it could be down to McNally hammering the suppliers down on price. Another of his sneaky revenue growth schemes maybe?However this one could be counter-productive as I always enjoyed the match day pies, but have just about given up on them due to dissappointment now.

Heres a tip lol, have your lunch at lunchtime, and later on when you get home, have your dinner at dinner time.Do any of you feel the need to have a pie snack, mid afternoon any other day?[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Heres a tip lol, have your lunch at lunchtime, and later on when you get home, have your dinner at dinner time.

Do any of you feel the need to have a pie snack, mid afternoon any other day?

[:)]
[/quote]

It used to be a must to have a snack half time at football, traditional, but the pies at CR have been cruddy, so we go without now.  Bring back pukka pies, they were bloody gorgeous and cheaper than the c**p they serve now

I wonder if the quality of the food offered in the refreshment concourses - is on par with the offerings in the club restaurants?

I bet it isn''t.....

I''d be happy if they''d give you the option to have Brown Sauce on your hot dog... I hate ketchup!

Who cares about the pies inside the ground, the new fish and chip stand outside the Jarrold is lovely![:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]Heres a tip lol, have your lunch at lunchtime, and later on when you get home, have your dinner at dinner time.Do any of you feel the need to have a pie snack, mid afternoon any other day?[:)][/quote]

It used to be a must to have a snack half time at football, traditional, but the pies at CR have been cruddy, so we go without now.  Bring back pukka pies, they were bloody gorgeous and cheaper than the c**p they serve now

[/quote]They had pukka away at Scunthorpe, and I concur with this.

After 6 Pints of Beer, anything Tastes good, try putting a big squeeze of Mustard and Tommy Sauce in the centre of pie, mix it up... lovely, or try their hot dog, washed down with a miniature Smirnoff Vodka...

Try Typing Smirnoff on predictive txt.....

As they come out of your bottom looking and smelling the same as when they went in..... (and here''s the clever bit)..... recycle by inserting your motions in ready made pastry and cook on gas mark 2 for 30 minutes.Simple.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]Heres a tip lol, have your lunch at lunchtime, and later on when you get home, have your dinner at dinner time.

[/quote]

[/quote]

They had pukka away at Scunthorpe, and I concur with this.
[/quote]

Hypocrite![:@]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]Heres a tip lol, have your lunch at lunchtime, and later on when you get home, have your dinner at dinner time.Do any of you feel the need to have a pie snack, mid afternoon any other day?[:)][/quote]

[/quote]They had pukka away at Scunthorpe, and I concur with this.[/quote]

[/quote]Ha!Away games are different, as you are on the road longer and obviously require some kind of food product.The pukka is a tasty pie at a reasonable price. I think the pies at CR are fairly tasty, but are way too pricey.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They had pukka away at Scunthorpe, and I concur with this.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha!

Away games are different, as you are on the road longer and obviously require some kind of food product.

The pukka is a tasty pie at a reasonable price. I think the pies at CR are fairly tasty, but are way too pricey.

[/quote]

Morty...you can''t assume that all those that come to home games live within 5 mins of Carrow Road - however, those that do travel a fair few miles to get to Leaky FCR know that Morrisons is a better bet anyway.  While we''re mentioning catering, £2 for a cup of tea or coffee - now that is taking (as well as drinking) the p*ss!!!

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]They had pukka away at Scunthorpe, and I concur with this.[/quote]

[/quote]Ha!Away games are different, as you are on the road longer and obviously require some kind of food product.The pukka is a tasty pie at a reasonable price. I think the pies at CR are fairly tasty, but are way too pricey.[:)][/quote]

Morty...you can''t assume that all those that come to home games live within 5 mins of Carrow Road - however, those that do travel a fair few miles to get to Leaky FCR know that Morrisons is a better bet anyway.  While we''re mentioning catering, £2 for a cup of tea or coffee - now that is taking (as well as drinking) the p*ss!!!

[/quote] A fair point about the travelling, and also about Morrissons, I think that once sales start dropping then McNally is going to have to have a very close look at the pricing policy.