Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Drinkell Signs For City

one of the best seen at Carrow Rd in 30-40 years, lost him and Disco to Rangers at the top of their game

I once rode my push-bike into his car on the way home from school.

It was parked outside his Barratt house in Eaton and I wasn''t looking where I was going. Very embarrassing.

Looking at him one minute thinking "I''m sure that''s Kevin Drinkell!" Next minute falling over the bonnet of his stationary car.

After gettting a bollocking off him, it didn''t feel right asking for an autograph!

I wonder if that''s in his book!

Different era and different game but he''s my top canary striker you can keep your Iwans and your Hucks this guy was great (see name for confirmation)  the only player I''ve seen who could head a ball as hard as most pros can kick it.

oh and a mention for his side kick - One Wayne (Bertie) Biggins  Nearest we''ve had since Deano but slower!

He is taking part in a question an answer session organised by NCISA on the Friday Night(25th)

Signing books etc.

Watch the NCISA website for further details soon.

[quote user="The Butler"]He is taking part in a question an answer session organised by NCISA on the Friday Night(25th) Signing books etc. Watch the NCISA website for further details soon.[/quote]

Tut,tut Butler i hope you asked CA if it was alright to post this NCISA matter on the PinkUn messageboard.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="The Butler"]He is taking part in a question an answer session organised by NCISA on the Friday Night(25th) Signing books etc. Watch the NCISA website for further details soon.[/quote]

Tut,tut Butler i hope you asked CA if it was alright to post this NCISA matter on the PinkUn messageboard.[;)]

[/quote]

Well if you don''t grass I won''t[;)]

Anyway she is far to busy with Beau to notice.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

No he didn''t ask me Tilly but then I knew the promise of no more ncisa advertising on here wouldn''t last long.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

No he didn''t ask me Tilly but then I knew the promise of no more ncisa advertising on here wouldn''t last long.

[/quote]

I did NOT start this thread but thought it would be of interest to mention where the great man could be seen for everyones information.(well nana and his dad at least)

I am still allowed to post on here CA and comment on anyones thread or have you taken over running archant as well?[:D]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did NOT start this thread but thought it would be of interest to mention where the great man could be seen for everyones information.(well nana and his dad at least)

I am still allowed to post on here CA and comment on anyones thread or have you taken over running archant as well?[:D]

[/quote]

I wasn''t going to post on this thread but after your sarcastic comment about me being busy with Beau and then Tilly inviting me to join in how could I resist. [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wasn''t going to post on this thread but after your sarcastic comment about me being busy with Beau and then Tilly inviting me to join in how could I resist. [:)]

[/quote]

Seems we both got sucked in then CA lets leave it at that [:D]

Just a quick note to say Kevin Drinkell''s biography ''Drinks All Round'' is out tomorrow (Mon 25th Oct).

The book has been marketed with a Rangers cover but it is two-sided and the other cover is Kevin in his Norwich kit.

There is a large chunk of the book that covers Kevin''s time at Carrow Road.

It reveals how he agreed to sign for Norwich and then before he kicked a ball they had been relegated and banned from Europe.

Kevin knuckles down and grabs the Golden Boot as he helps fire Norwich back to the big time.

The big talker is Kevin knocked back MANCHESTER UNITED and Sir Alex Ferguson to stay at Carrow Road.

It is a good read and also has good stories on Canary legends like Steve Bruce, Chris Woods and Dave Watson.

Drinkell also reveals how he was forced out after Robert Chase told him he was being sold.

All in all it is a decent book from a Norwich hero.