Sign in to follow this  

BOOING

Really??We played badly second half today, but do people really need to boo. Newly promoted side, 5th in the division, have a bad game boooooooo! Just spoilt and classless. God knows what it makes the players and management think, probably what an ungrateful bunch of t**ts there are in the stands. Anyone who booed needs to have a think and preferably not come back.And if anyone comes back with the "I''ve paid my money, I have a right to boo" you clearly do not know what it means to be a football fan!!

Nothing wrong with doing it after the final whistle, would you rather we clap them off after that second half performance?

[quote user="morty"]Nothing wrong with doing it after the final whistle, would you rather we clap them off after that second half performance?
[/quote]

It was a poor performance all round. 25000 committed supporters did very little to roar their team back into it. The writing was on the wall as soon as the second went in. The team were crap and we weren''t much better.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

[quote user="morty"]Nothing wrong with doing it after the final whistle, would you rather we clap them off after that second half performance?[/quote]

It was a poor performance all round. 25000 committed supporters did very little to roar their team back into it. The writing was on the wall as soon as the second went in. The team were crap and we weren''t much better.

[/quote]Its symbiotic, but has to start on the pitch, we need something to cheer. Their heads noticeably dropped when Palarse equalised and we looked clueless thereafter.

[quote user="morty"]Nothing wrong with doing it after the final whistle, would you rather we clap them off after that second half performance?[/quote]I didn''t clap, I didn''t boo.Considering how well this team is doing, a league title followed by a 5th place in the league, booing shows you to be nothing but a fool.

[quote user="the king"][quote user="morty"]Nothing wrong with doing it after the final whistle, would you rather we clap them off after that second half performance?[/quote]I didn''t clap, I didn''t boo.Considering how well this team is doing, a league title followed by a 5th place in the league, booing shows you to be nothing but a fool.[/quote]Ah right, because I have a different opinion to you, you feel the need to insult me. Well done, that makes your opinion all the more valid.I never said that I booed, I said there was nothing wrong with it.Idiot.

[quote user="the king"][quote user="morty"]Nothing wrong with doing it after the final whistle, would you rather we clap them off after that second half performance?
[/quote]

I didn''t clap, I didn''t boo.

Considering how well this team is doing, a league title followed by a 5th place in the league, booing shows you to be nothing but a fool.
[/quote]

Why is your opinion right? Why do you resort to name calling if someone elses opinion is different ?

I think booing is counter productiove to be honest, they can''t win every game. The important things is the effort of the players, if they show no effort there is more case for booing. Booing just because we didn''t win is fairly mindless.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="the king"][quote user="morty"]Nothing wrong with doing it after the final whistle, would you rather we clap them off after that second half performance?
[/quote]

Considering how well this team is doing, a league title followed by a 5th place in the league, booing shows you to be nothing but a fool.
[/quote]

Ah right, because I have a different opinion to you, you feel the need to insult me. Well done, that makes your opinion all the more valid.

I never said that I booed, I said there was nothing wrong with it.

Idiot.
[/quote]

I think things might have reached a new level of pettiness and tetchiness. As I read it, he didn''t actually intend to insult you either Morty, I took it to be a "to boo would make one a fool" comment rather than Morty''s a fool (although maybe he''s right, I''ve never met you! :-P)

Back on topic though, I''m with King on this, I think booing is a bit foolish - I doubt there''s anyone here who wouldn''t be delighted with 20 points and 5th place after 12 games, defeat at home to Palace or otherwise. Yes we weren''t great, but I can''t help but feel with Ward and Drury we''d have won,

[quote user="morty"][quote user="the king"][quote user="morty"]Nothing wrong with doing it after the final whistle, would you rather we clap them off after that second half performance?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah right, because I have a different opinion to you, you feel the need to insult me. Well done, that makes your opinion all the more valid.

Idiot.
[/quote]

I think things might have reached a new level of pettiness and tetchiness. As I read it, he didn''t actually intend to insult you either Morty, I took it to be a "to boo would make one a fool" comment rather than Morty''s a fool (although maybe he''s right, I''ve never met you! :-P)

Back on topic though, I''m with King on this, I think booing is a bit foolish - I doubt there''s anyone here who wouldn''t be delighted with 20 points and 5th place after 12 games, defeat at home to Palace or otherwise. Yes we weren''t great, but I can''t help but feel with Ward and Drury we''d have won, both

[/quote]

[/quote]

Idiot.
[/quote]

Back on topic though, I''m with King on this, I think booing is a bit foolish - I doubt there''s anyone here who wouldn''t be delighted with 20 points and 5th place after 12 games, defeat at home to Palace or otherwise. Yes we weren''t great, but I can''t help but feel with Ward and Drury we''d have won, both goals

[/quote]

[/quote]

Idiot.
[/quote]

Back on topic though, I''m with King on this, I think booing is a bit foolish - I doubt there''s anyone here who wouldn''t be delighted with 20 points and 5th place after 12 games, defeat at home to Palace or otherwise. Yes we weren''t great, but I can''t help but feel with Ward and Drury we''d have won, both goals were

[/quote]

[/quote]

Idiot.
[/quote]

Back on topic though, I''m with King on this, I think booing is a bit foolish - I doubt there''s anyone here who wouldn''t be delighted with 20 points and 5th place after 12 games, defeat at home to Palace or otherwise. Yes we weren''t great, but I can''t help but feel with Ward and Drury we''d have won, both goals were very

[/quote]

[/quote]

Idiot.
[/quote]

Back on topic though, I''m with King on this, I think booing is a bit foolish - I doubt there''s anyone here who wouldn''t be delighted with 20 points and 5th place after 12 games, defeat at home to Palace or otherwise. Yes we weren''t great, but I can''t help but feel with Ward and Drury we''d have won, both goals were very very

Strangely, I see this as a backhanded compliment.

It just goes to show how far we have come, that when we do have a bad game people want to boo. The fact is we all know we can (and will) play better. Perhaps is was an indication of how much last Saturday''s game took out of the players, we will never know. I didn''t boo but I certainly didn''t clap either, we were terrible.

I''m with you Wazz, no clapping but no booing either. If possible I really want expectation kept low - as soon as there is expectation there''s pressure and people end up doing strange things, e.g. Charlton and Curbishley, Bristol City and Johnson, Ipswich and Finidi George.

People pay hard earned money to watch these games so they are entitled to voice their opinion if they are not happy. I respect that so I personally would call them idiots or anything like that. But personally I would only boo the team off if I felt they hadn''t tried or look uninterested. The only two occasions I have genuinely felt that were the last games of the Worthington and Roeder eras.

I personally felt the team work hard tonight but just looked like they ran out of ideas and too many players were under par yesterday night. In a division where a lot of sides are very similiar ability wise that can prove fatal. But the team has come an incredibly long way in a short space of team under Lambert and I personally felt the booing was incredibly harsh when you look at the bigger picture. They are only human and will put in the odd poor display. Even world class players like Rooney and Torres don''t perform well all the time as we are seeing at the moment.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="the king"][quote user="morty"]Nothing wrong with doing it after the final whistle, would you rather we clap them off after that second half performance?[/quote]I didn''t clap, I didn''t boo.Considering how well this team is doing, a league title followed by a 5th place in the league, booing shows you to be nothing but a fool.[/quote]Ah right, because I have a different opinion to you, you feel the need to insult me. Well done, that makes your opinion all the more valid.I never said that I booed, I said there was nothing wrong with it.Idiot.[/quote]I wasn''t intending to insult you but feel free to take it any way you like. And I never said you did boo, but anyone who did is a f**king twat. No doubt about it.

[quote user="the king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="the king"][quote user="morty"]Nothing wrong with doing it after the final whistle, would you rather we clap them off after that second half performance?[/quote]I didn''t clap, I didn''t boo.Considering how well this team is doing, a league title followed by a 5th place in the league, booing shows you to be nothing but a fool.[/quote]Ah right, because I have a different opinion to you, you feel the need to insult me. Well done, that makes your opinion all the more valid.I never said that I booed, I said there was nothing wrong with it.Idiot.[/quote]I wasn''t intending to insult you but feel free to take it any way you like. And I never said you did boo, but anyone who did is a f**king twat. No doubt about it.

[/quote]I misread your post.I apologise.

Why shouldn''t we boo? we were poor! we''re just voicing out opinion which we are entitled to do.

If you clapped or didnt do anything then we might rather you "preferably didnt come back" cos we like to get a point across.

Lambert knows there is this expectation they have caused and wont read too much into it but will know that we weren''t good enough the other night.

I just dont see why there are always these "do-gooders" who have to moan at everyone else for being themselves and not supposedly following the herd.

If we followed the herd then we''d all be Man Utd supporters!

Rant over.

[quote user="shiplee15"]Why shouldn''t we boo? we were poor! we''re just voicing out opinion which we are entitled to do.

If you clapped or didnt do anything then we might rather you "preferably didnt come back" cos we like to get a point across.

Lambert knows there is this expectation they have caused and wont read too much into it but will know that we weren''t good enough the other night.

I just dont see why there are always these "do-gooders" who have to moan at everyone else for being themselves and not supposedly following the herd.

If we followed the herd then we''d all be Man Utd supporters!

Rant over.[/quote]So what if we were poor? Just cos we were poor  one game you have to boo? Does shiplee think teams never have bad games? Does little shiplee not know how well this team is doing? We''re 5th in the league blimey, doing better than anyone could have expected before the season, one bad game and shiplee has to vent his anger :(  There were plenty of people not booing (aka normal people) but you make the rest of us look like t**ts. I wonder if spurs fans let out a fury of boos at half time on weds :o. but you heard it here first, shiplee doesnt want me to come back because I dont boo and act like a spoilt, ungrateful prat. :(

There are no rules, regulations or laws against booing. More importantly it''s perhaps the only way fans can show their dissatisfaction at how poorly a team have played.

As for this comment:

"And if anyone comes back with the "I''ve paid my money, I have a right to boo" you clearly do not know what it means to be a football fan!!"

What are you on about? If you go to a shop and buy something and then ocne your home find it''s not right you can take it back. Football fans have no other way to express their feelings to the players, they can''t go and get a refund, you can''t rewind the game. I''m not saying every performance should be perfect bvut if the team doesn''t even try then they have every right to get booed off the pitch. Or maybe these fans should just keep their mouths shut?

The point is it IS their money and they DO have the right to boo. Obviously enough felt the need to boo or it wouldn''t of been heard at all.

At the end of the day the only thing you can do about it is come onto a forum and whinge which as we all know will have no effect as fans will boo again on Saturday if they feel that the performance isn''t as it should be.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]

There are no rules, regulations or laws against booing. More importantly it''s perhaps the only way fans can show their dissatisfaction at how poorly a team have played.

As for this comment:

"And if anyone comes back with the "I''ve paid my money, I have a right to boo" you clearly do not know what it means to be a football fan!!"

What are you on about? If you go to a shop and buy something and then ocne your home find it''s not right you can take it back. Football fans have no other way to express their feelings to the players, they can''t go and get a refund, you can''t rewind the game. I''m not saying every performance should be perfect bvut if the team doesn''t even try then they have every right to get booed off the pitch. Or maybe these fans should just keep their mouths shut?

The point is it IS their money and they DO have the right to boo. Obviously enough felt the need to boo or it wouldn''t of been heard at all.

At the end of the day the only thing you can do about it is come onto a forum and whinge which as we all know will have no effect as fans will boo again on Saturday if they feel that the performance isn''t as it should be.

Davo

[/quote]

Key words there Davo are ''if the team doesn''t even try''. I don''t think that''s what we saw Tuesday, and I don''t think one below par performance warrants booing. It''s not a question of whether we have the right to boo - of course we do - but whether it is the right thing to do. If the players are working hard and have achieved an amazing amount in the past year, is it really helpful to turn on them the first time things don''t go well?

Although I was left dumbstruck that after one poor performance people around me were so quick to start booing on Tuesday, and still feel that it''s a fairly immature and unhelpful response (after all I''m sure Mr Lambert would have made quite sure that any player walking into the dressing room and thinking he''d had a good game would have been rapidly disillusioned), it occurs to me that it has become the normal response to displeasure.

A sensationalist and polarised media report everything as being either phenomenonally good or diabolically bad, so people react to anything with hyperbole or vitriol. Whilst I hate to reference such drivel, just think of how the audience react to criticism on reality TV shows like The X factor or Strictly Come Poncing. It doesn''t matter how much truth is in criticism or how constructively it is intended, the response is always booing or, conversely, ludicrous whooping and hollering if a judge feels inclined to praise them.

Some people have forgotten is that life has grey areas. No, we didn''t play at all well and Crystal bloody Palace deservedly beat us, but yes, the boys in yellow have more often than not produced the goods over the last 12 months, responded when the crowd is positive and behind them, and besides, everyone has a bad day at the office sometimes. Let''s all do better on Saturday.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="the king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="the king"][quote user="morty"]Nothing wrong with doing it after the final whistle, would you rather we clap them off after that second half performance?[/quote]I didn''t clap, I didn''t boo.Considering how well this team is doing, a league title followed by a 5th place in the league, booing shows you to be nothing but a fool.[/quote]Ah right, because I have a different opinion to you, you feel the need to insult me. Well done, that makes your opinion all the more valid.I never said that I booed, I said there was nothing wrong with it.Idiot.[/quote]I wasn''t intending to insult you but feel free to take it any way you like. And I never said you did boo, but anyone who did is a f**king twat. No doubt about it.

[/quote]I misread your post.I apologise.[/quote]He he he he............  [:D]

[quote user="Mazy Run"] is it really helpful to turn on them the first time things don''t go well? [/quote]

No it isn''t helpful for one performance. I also don''t think that Palace was a time to boo, so far it''s only one bad result after a very good and hard working performance against QPR.

I guess I was approaching the subject as a whole rather than this once particular case. It''s not so much we have the right so it should be done more so a case of how else do fans get to show their displeasure? England rightly came off the pitch against Montenegro not because it was one poor performance after two good one more because it was a return to the level of performances they had given for the majority of this year. Fans have no access to these players so how else do we get the message through that we want them to be playing better?

Davo

All of this bollox about ''booing'' really says everything about this club and the soppy psyche of the present fan base.....When good money is paid to attend/travel to a game and a wad handed over for a programme full of adverts....those getting poor value for money are entitled to react. Carrow Road is not a church overseen by the Madonna herself.... it is a battle ground where overpaid egotists earn their inflated pay packets and represent the most beautiful city in the land. They are professionals.If they haven''t got the pride to work their nuts off for those who pay for their lifestyle, they deserve every bit of flak coming their way.