Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

MacNamee - Man of the Match

Why was AM man of the match? He did very little and just doesn''t attack which wingers are supposed to do! He was obviously told at half time to get wide and give an option for russell martin and he improved but he wasn''t even near Man of the match!

Fox, Crofts, Russell Martin, Lappin were all better than him!

Probably because the match sponsors from the corporate box choose man of the match and they''re usually drunken twunts who know as much about football as I know about quantum physics.

I thought he had a good game and offered much more of a threat down that flank than Korey does.

But I thought Lappin edged it for MOTM (although there were a few contenders today).

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Why was AM man of the match? He did very little and just doesn''t attack which wingers are supposed to do! He was obviously told at half time to get wide and give an option for russell martin and he improved but he wasn''t even near Man of the match!

[/quote]Lappin was crap, croft didn''t get involved as much as he has done, fox was ok aswell as russell.Mcnamee was Motm for me too.

I am surprised at this as thought the two centrebacks were far and away the best performers today.

Lewie, you clearly were not at the game! Lappin was up and down all day. He helped smith out and whipped in loads for good balls. Macnamee did 1/2 lappins work! he got back once and if russell martin didn''t have as good a match as he did then we would be on the end of a defeat. The chance boro had in the 90th minute came down our right cause macnamee didn''t get back!

I just posted on your thread, Ricardo, that I thought Ward was MoM today.

Odd to see someone criticising Lappin and Crofts. Crofts was playing further forward than normal given the absence of the diamond, so didn''t do as much mopping up as he normally does, but the flip-side of that was that he had more licence to get forward. I thought he was excellent again. Ditto Lappin, who will never be the best player in the side, but who worked his nuts off again today.

I remain to be convinced by McNamee but thought he had a good game today. But it was a far better defensive performance than an attacking one, which is why Id go for a defensive player.

Nana, I think it''s a bit harsh to criticise McNamee for not tracking back in the 90th minute given that he was safely on the bench at that point...

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Lewie, you clearly were not at the game! Lappin was up and down all day. He helped smith out and whipped in loads for good balls. Macnamee did 1/2 lappins work! he got back once and if russell martin didn''t have as good a match as he did then we would be on the end of a defeat. The chance boro had in the 90th minute came down our right cause macnamee didn''t get back![/quote]Well I clearly was at the game, so what if he puts effort into the game? If his effort doesn''t pay off  then he''s useless.Mcnamee isn''t a defender so what do you expect? Anyway Mcnamee looked far superior to Lappin tonight what did Lappin do? All he did that was any good all night was knock the ball around their defender and chase onto it. In my eyeys everyone had a better game than Lappin tonight. He was average at best.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Anyway Mcnamee looked far superior to Lappin tonight what did Lappin do?[/quote]I bet you voted for Lee Croft as player of the season!

I thought McNamee was very good in that he was the only player who offered us a direct outlet attacking option. Of course he attacked when he should of done, when he had the fucking ball!Jesus Christ, i come home from us beating Middlesborough 1-0 and all the 15 year olds on this forum seem to have lost any self-respect, intellect or conciousness since i last posted!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Brendo "]

Didn''t he deliver the ball for the winning goal?

[/quote]

I thought it was Martin, but they do look similar.

[/quote]

I thought Anthony had a good game today ( particularly first half ) and it was a great cross in for the goal, thought Lappin worked his socks off too and played well But men of the match for me would have been Wardy and Barnett - what a great pairing they make

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Lewie, you clearly were not at the game! Lappin was up and down all day. He helped smith out and whipped in loads for good balls. Macnamee did 1/2 lappins work! he got back once and if russell martin didn''t have as good a match as he did then we would be on the end of a defeat. The chance boro had in the 90th minute came down our right cause macnamee didn''t get back![/quote]

Were you at the game??

Mcnamee was brought off after 80 mins!

Numpty!

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Lewie, you clearly were not at the game! Lappin was up and down all day. He helped smith out and whipped in loads for good balls. Macnamee did 1/2 lappins work! he got back once and if russell martin didn''t have as good a match as he did then we would be on the end of a defeat. The chance boro had in the 90th minute came down our right cause macnamee didn''t get back![/quote]

Were you at the game??

Mcnamee was brought off after 80 mins!

Numpty![/quote]Yeah, shows that Nana wasn''t at the game after accusing Lewie of the same thing! People like Nana genuinly shouldn''t be allowed on the internet...

Barnett for me - literally head and shoulders above the rest, no missed placed passes and Ward a close 2nd

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Anyway Mcnamee looked far superior to Lappin tonight what did Lappin do?[/quote]I bet you voted for Lee Croft as player of the season![/quote]Actually from what I recall, I did O.oOr did I vote Clingon, I forget :P

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

MacNamme is an enigma - all tricks and stepovers but no pace - very disappointing as a winger. All you want him to do is skin his full back and deliver a cross. Having said that he IS capable of sending in great balls, just that the rest of his game is weak.

I judge a player as much by what he does when he doesn''t have the ball, and today he was a complete passenger at times and drifted out for periods. At one point just before he went off, the ball was played to him and he literally jumped as he woke up and realised it had been passed to him!

MoM was a very close call between Ward and Barney - one cool & composed, the other total commitment.

Sorry must have watched a different game to you guys. I thought McNamee was a breath of fresh air, we don''t have another player who can take on fullbacks, show a bit of skill, and get a decent delivery into the box. Do not forget his cross led to our goal, pinpoint...although not sure where the defense were! Lappin is a totally different player, but played fantastically too today, not sure how he did one of their fullbacks for pace...topped his performance off!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Lewie, you clearly were not at the game! Lappin was up and down all day. He helped smith out and whipped in loads for good balls. Macnamee did 1/2 lappins work! he got back once and if russell martin didn''t have as good a match as he did then we would be on the end of a defeat. The chance boro had in the 90th minute came down our right cause macnamee didn''t get back![/quote] Were you at the game?? Mcnamee was brought off after 80 mins! Numpty![/quote]

Yeah, shows that Nana wasn''t at the game after accusing Lewie of the same thing! People like Nana genuinly shouldn''t be allowed on the internet...
[/quote]

I can confirm Nana was at the game all the way through, but can''t argue with the Numpty comment as AM went off before the Boro chance was created. Although to be honest he had such a poor game you wouldn''t have noticed he was on the pitch. Take away the ball into the box for the goal which was the only good bit of work he did in 90Mins.

Mac had a great game! Got forward, got balls into the box, definately a contender for it today for me.

Fox had a solid game and crofts gave you what he always gives. Russell Martin has grown so much in the last few games and is now impressing me.. lets hope Ruddy does the same!

However, for me i''d had given it to Lapps who had a great game, got stuck in, put himself about, worked well down the left and just didnt stop running. Surman will have a tough time getting back in ahead of Lapps once he''s fit again IMO!

Amazing how people view the game differently isn''t it?!

MacNamee is far from my favourite player but worked relatively hard today compared to his normal effort.

No question about the men of the match - Ward and Barnett. Wards absence was the primary reason behind the loss to Palarse.

Lita and Boyd rarely got a sniff of goal all game today.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Lewie, you clearly were not at the game! Lappin was up and down all day. He helped smith out and whipped in loads for good balls. Macnamee did 1/2 lappins work! he got back once and if russell martin didn''t have as good a match as he did then we would be on the end of a defeat. The chance boro had in the 90th minute came down our right cause macnamee didn''t get back![/quote] Were you at the game?? Mcnamee was brought off after 80 mins! Numpty![/quote]Yeah, shows that Nana wasn''t at the game after accusing Lewie of the same thing! People like Nana genuinly shouldn''t be allowed on the internet...[/quote]

I can confirm Nana was at the game all the way through, but can''t argue with the Numpty comment as AM went off before the Boro chance was created. Although to be honest he had such a poor game you wouldn''t have noticed he was on the pitch. Take away the ball into the box for the goal which was the only good bit of work he did in 90Mins.

[/quote]You must be related to professor Nana then...

R5 said he was the only threatening outlet on the pitch. Also commended Lappin and the centre backs.

But to be fair, it was clear ''boro offered precious little and played a bit like we used to. Lots of pretty football in front of the opposition with absolutely no end product.

I think a lot of weight was on MacNamee''s shoulders today because it was him that effectively replaced Hoolahan as our creative outlet, our something different.

And to be fair if you had put say Korey there instead I think you would have been looking at a 0-0 draw.

MOM is a hard thing to decide on, did Ward and Barnett win us the game today? I would say no, but what they did do is stop ''borough having anything bar that one glaring oppertunity at the end.

The difference in the first half really was down to Macca.

However that said what was more important - and I would go with Ward every time. Macca may have been the spark but you can''t ignore a rock at the heart of defence.

Lappin - not sure what to say about him. One of the most underated players to play for Norwich ever I think. Written off by some fans early on in his Norwich days as being too lightweight, written off by Rodent he came back stronger and better and proved his worth. Then posters on here and some fans suggested he was pants last season, and then at the begining of this season said he would be lucky to get a game and would struggle at this level.

He looks to be stronger, sharper and much quicker. All signs that he is constantly working on his game, its the second time this season that I have seen him skin his man at home, the first being the first game Surman was out and I wondered if there had been a case of misstaken identity.

Great team performance today - I just hope it gives them more self belief to go and play a whole game like they did the first half and really pen a team into their own penalty area.

[quote user="Largey"]Sorry must have watched a different game to you guys. I thought McNamee was a breath of fresh air, we don''t have another player who can take on fullbacks, show a bit of skill, and get a decent delivery into the box. Do not forget his cross led to our goal, pinpoint...although not sure where the defense were! Lappin is a totally different player, but played fantastically too today, not sure how he did one of their fullbacks for pace...topped his performance off![/quote]Debatable. His corners were shocking, but he attacked well down the wing. Sometimes it just seems like he tries to do the defender one too many times, if he was simpler (if that is even a word), and just got the ball in as soon as possible it might work better, but other than that I thought he was good.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="I am a Banana"]Lewie, you clearly were not at the game! Lappin was up and down all day. He helped smith out and whipped in loads for good balls. Macnamee did 1/2 lappins work! he got back once and if russell martin didn''t have as good a match as he did then we would be on the end of a defeat. The chance boro had in the 90th minute came down our right cause macnamee didn''t get back![/quote] Were you at the game?? Mcnamee was brought off after 80 mins! Numpty![/quote]

Yeah, shows that Nana wasn''t at the game after accusing Lewie of the same thing! People like Nana genuinly shouldn''t be allowed on the internet...
[/quote]

[/quote]

You must be related to professor Nana then...
[/quote]

And tonight first prize goes to .......