Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Portsmouth FC - Liquidated

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="CT"] Dont insult me you wa***r...[/quote]

This is no battle of wits between you and me. I never pick on somebody who is unarmed.

[/quote]

Quality![Y]

I am totally with you on all of this Shack. I think you''re just blaming Pompey fans out of frustration and because they''re an easy target!!

Indeed why not just stop. I agree, like i said, we should all come together across all clubs and do something about it. We can''t blame one set of fans over another. We''re all in the same boat and we all need to act together. If we did that, we could have an affect. Because it''s all fans acting together continuing to buy in to the corrupt morality free junket of the premier league that keep the juggernaut going. The more that take a stand, the bigger the message can be sent. Football is f**ked, and i''m not at all sure i want NCFC in the premier league. Boycott the Sky subscriptions, that''s the way to start it. Just needs someone to start a facebook group and i could see it really gathering pace. I''ll start it if no-one else does!

(Although i should say at this point i don''t actually have Sky!)

In the context of English law surely something is wrong here. Balram Chainrai was the owner of Portsmouth who put them into administration, now he buys them back and only has to pay 20p in the pound of the businesses debt that was under his name

I''m no legal expert but how can this be right?

Also surely there is a case for the laws of the FA to be changed and teams get 2 years of points penalty for going into administration, because the penalty Portsmouth got didn''t effect them as they were getting relegated anyway

Give it a year and Chainrai will probably get a bonus for taking the club out of administration, that''s what old Sheepsh****r did down the road

Poor old Pompey fans boo, hoo, hoo. Only had several years in the prem, an FA Cupwin and  a Eurepean campaign in recent years based on money they never really had to spend! Poor long suffering souls!

I see that unsurprisingly they are now saved and can continue their surge up the table with their "hugely depleted" squad which only includes 3 or 4 players brought in on loan whilst they are in admin on £15K-£20K a week.

Their starting line up on saturday: Ashdown, Halford, Mokoena, Sonko, Dickinson, Lawrence, Brown, Mullins, Utaka, Nugent, Kitson.

Why are they allowed to bring in players on £20K a week whilst in admin?

Why have they not been given further penalties for still being in admin 3 months into the season?

The whole thing stinks and frankly they should have been liquidated and made to start again.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Poor old Pompey fans boo, hoo, hoo. Only had several years in the prem, an FA Cupwin and  a Eurepean campaign in recent years based on money they never really had to spend! Poor long suffering souls!

I see that unsurprisingly they are now saved and can continue their surge up the table with their "hugely depleted" squad which only includes 3 or 4 players brought in on loan whilst they are in admin on £15K-£20K a week.

Their starting line up on saturday: Ashdown, Halford, Mokoena, Sonko, Dickinson, Lawrence, Brown, Mullins, Utaka, Nugent, Kitson.

Why are they allowed to bring in players on £20K a week whilst in admin?

Why have they not been given further penalties for still being in admin 3 months into the season?

The whole thing stinks and frankly they should have been liquidated and made to start again.

[/quote]How can the Premier League be seen to have contributed to the decline of a club.... or the game as a whole?It does stink of corruption and with foreign input all around football has now died as a sport and become a nice money laundering racket.

Chanrai only took ownership on the basis of the owners debts. He can put the club into administration and then buy it back - a very common strategy.  This saga may not be over though.  Don''t forget that this administration refused to acknowledge the £17m VAT on image rights payments as a ''debt'' and therefore if Pompey lose, they could still get liquidated (and a lot of other football clubs might be in a fair few problems too).

[quote user="Bobzilla"]

Chanrai only took ownership on the basis of the owners debts. He can put the club into administration and then buy it back - a very common strategy.  This saga may not be over though.  Don''t forget that this administration refused to acknowledge the £17m VAT on image rights payments as a ''debt'' and therefore if Pompey lose, they could still get liquidated (and a lot of other football clubs might be in a fair few problems too).

[/quote]

But Pompey won that case and HMRC confirmed they were not appealing didnt they?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Bobzilla"]

[/quote]

But Pompey won that case and HMRC confirmed they were not appealing didnt they?

[/quote]

No. HMRC''s case against them (that they won) was that the VAT bill should be included in the liabilities of the club when dealing with the liquidation (despite the case not being proven, and not having got to court yet).  If HMRC won, then HMRC would be owed enough to be able to vote down the proposed rescue plan.  They lost, and therefore did not have enough owed to stop the plan going ahead.  They also argued that the Premier League rules on dealing with footballing creditors was a breach of the insolvency law, and was creating preferred creditors where there were none.

The VAT case is still to go to court.

[quote user="a1canary"]Ha, for a second there Cluck, you were starting to sound a bit like Delia - who''d a thought it![/quote]Sour grapes on Smith''s persepective..... purely an observation from mine. She turned a perfectly viable club into a national laughing stock.... and like all spoilt brats tries to push the blame onto others.Chalk and cheese.