Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Portsmouth FC - Liquidated

and the link, bbc''s financial football correspendant dan roan who covered the liverpool court case

http://twitter.com/danroan

Lawyer for Portsmouth FC owner in waiting Balram Chainrai says "likely the club will now be closed down and liquidated by administrators"

Admin point - does that mean only two down this season, and what happens to teams who have scored points against them - are those points removed?

A very sad day for football if they go through with it.[:(]

Will teams that have played, and beaten them have the points taken away?Pretty sad news really though, I have no great love for Portsmouth, but it shows that it can happen, which is a scarey prospect for a club like us that are still treading very carefully financially.

Not true according to the guy(the administrator I believe) just interviewed on Talksport. They have until next week to come to an agreement with A. Gaydemak. Not all over just yet.

Portsmouth ''likely to close down'' total mismanagement of a football club the vultures(players)have bleed the club dry, silly transfer fees paid and now it looks like the club will die because of this. 100 years of history killed because of greed and the only people to lose are the loyal fans of this club.in my view its time to stop this happening to any more clubs the F.A. and Premier Lge need to put new rules and regs in place to stop the current overspending and silly wages paid to very average players and vastly overrated foreigners who keep entering these shores other wise which club is going to be next ? ...........the first nail in the coffin for our once great game a very sad day for English football :(

Sad for Pompey fans but this is something that needs to happen. Until a club actually goes to the wall many will continue to overspend because they think there is no real penalty for bankrupcy. It may be just the lesson that is needed to bring clubs to their senses.

[quote user="ncfcrooferman"]Portsmouth ''likely to close down'' total mismanagement of a football club the vultures(players)have bleed the club dry, silly transfer fees paid and now it looks like the club will die because of this. 100 years of history killed because of greed and the only people to lose are the loyal fans of this club.in my view its time to stop this happening to any more clubs the F.A. and Premier Lge need to put new rules and regs in place to stop the current overspending and silly wages paid to very average players and vastly overrated foreigners who keep entering these shores other wise which club is going to be next ? ...........the first nail in the coffin for our once great game a very sad day for English football :([/quote]I am not sure why football clubs should have special considerations  They are like all businesses  They live and die by how they operate.  Any way this looks like a "Rooneyism"  Somebody playing high noon with conditions or contract clauses they want in the media  Still along way to go   Dont write them off  yet 

It also means as season ticket holders, we will have paid for a game we wont get to see! Should the worst happen.

Will be sad if it happens but if any club deserves to go bust for the way they have been run its this lot.

I will, however, believe it when I see it. If I was a betting man I would put money on a last minute deal being done and Pompey still being existence when they and their £20K a week pair of strikers come to Carrow Road later in the season! Suspect this is just a tactic from the administrator to bring gaydamark to the table as happened with Crystal Palace.

Another piece of media spin I reckon. Can''t see it happening as it will then be a damning indictment for the Premier League set up.....Not so lucky for the likes of Kings Lynn etc for whom no-one but the locals fans have any interest.

About bloody time someone went to the wall. There''s been too many near-misses and saves for my liking. The whole system needs a wake-up call. If it''s Pompey, then so be it. They''ve been living beyond their means for too long.Goodbye and good riddance.......

Getting rid of him and his sodding cow bell will be one of the very few good things to come out of this IF it happens.

Davo

Good. Liquidate the c*nts.

We and other clubs struggle along (or have done) but make do to avoid admin.

Clubs like the Scum, Palace and Pompey are run badly and just enter admin as if its the norm.

Good riddance Pompey, nasty little club.

[quote user="CT"]Good. Liquidate the c*nts. We and other clubs struggle along (or have done) but make do to avoid admin. Clubs like the Scum, Palace and Pompey are run badly and just enter admin as if its the norm. Good riddance Pompey, nasty little club.[/quote]

Shocking.

I''m sure none of the fans, season ticket holders could do anything at all about it. How would you feel if it happened here?

As always those who put their hard earned into the club get burned and dicks like you should remember that.

[quote user="CT"]Good. Liquidate the c*nts. We and other clubs struggle along (or have done) but make do to avoid admin. Clubs like the Scum, Palace and Pompey are run badly and just enter admin as if its the norm. Good riddance Pompey, nasty little club.[/quote]

So what about their season ticket holders who have paid for their tickets upfront, what about their fans who love their club.

Its the fans who suffer and yet its not their fault, imagine how we would feel?

Unfortunately, I feel CT is right, in that something like this needs to happen to force English football to get its act together for good.  It shouldn''t need it, but with the mentality of the people in charge of many ''big'' clubs and the way the Premier League and the FA deal with the situation (i.e. not at all) sadly it''s the only way it will hit home.

I''m glad we are owned by people who actually care for the clubs interests before their own. Share the love for Delia guys!