Sign in to follow this  

Song for Stephen

A song for our newest board member...

He''s here,

He''s queer,

He takes it up the rear,

Stephen Fry, Stephen Fry.

[quote user="Pigs in Space"]A song for our newest board member...

He''s here,

He''s queer,

He takes it up the rear,

Stephen Fry, Stephen Fry.[/quote]Verse 2.He''s come,Smith''s chum,He likes a bit of bum,Stephen Fry, Stephen Fry.

One of the most popular and talented men in the country joins our board in an attempt to make our club better-known and more popular, and the best we can do is to try to start puerile homophobic chants? Grow the f**k up.

[quote user="Coelho"]One of the most popular and talented men in the country joins our board in an attempt to make our club better-known and more popular, and the best we can do is to try to start puerile homophobic chants? Grow the f**k up.[/quote]

Stephen Fry is a comedian who very often jokes about his sexuality.

I really don''t think he would take offence to a football crowd singing a song about him.

[quote user="Pigs in Space"][quote user="Coelho"]One of the most popular and talented men in the country joins our board in an attempt to make our club better-known and more popular, and the best we can do is to try to start puerile homophobic chants? Grow the f**k up.[/quote]

I really don''t think he would take offence to a football crowd singing a song about him.[/quote]I''m aware of that, but it just makes us look like retarded simpletons who think that someone being homosexual is a ''novelty''.Bring on the Lord Melchett chant, I say! ;)

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Pigs in Space"][quote user="Coelho"]One of the most popular and talented men in the country joins our board in an attempt to make our club better-known and more popular, and the best we can do is to try to start puerile homophobic chants? Grow the f**k up.
[/quote] Stephen Fry is a comedian who very often jokes about his sexuality. I really don''t think he would take offence to a football crowd singing a song about him.[/quote]
I''m aware of that, but it just makes us look like retarded simpletons who think that someone being homosexual is a ''novelty''.

Bring on the Lord Melchett chant, I say! ;)
[/quote]

And you never know, People might just grow up. Ang welcome him to what he is, a great Ambassador for Norwich City. I was in Kenya last week  and wearing my city shirt, and a local asked me how Stephan Fry was, I was shocked that they had even heared of him, which just shows he''s doing his bit for us 

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Pigs in Space"][quote user="Coelho"]One of the most popular and talented men in the country joins our board in an attempt to make our club better-known and more popular, and the best we can do is to try to start puerile homophobic chants? Grow the f**k up.[/quote]

I really don''t think he would take offence to a football crowd singing a song about him.[/quote]I''m aware of that, but it just makes us look like retarded simpletons who think that someone being homosexual is a ''novelty''.Bring on the Lord Melchett chant, I say! ;)[/quote]

Well said Coelho

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Pigs in Space"][quote user="Coelho"]One of the most popular and talented men in the country joins our board in an attempt to make our club better-known and more popular, and the best we can do is to try to start puerile homophobic chants? Grow the f**k up.[/quote]

I really don''t think he would take offence to a football crowd singing a song about him.[/quote]I''m aware of that, but it just makes us look like retarded simpletons who think that someone being homosexual is a ''novelty''.Bring on the Lord Melchett chant, I say! ;)[/quote]Embarrassing, no different to racist songs really

Dear me... what a bunch of no nuts.  We''re talking about a ''football'' environment here, not ''Last Night at the Proms''. He''s ''out and proud'' and so clearly happy with his sexuality.  maybe this is an issue for you to consider.... not Stephen Fry or the rest of us.Save the PC whinging for your netball night and leave football for the men.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Dear me... what a bunch of no nuts.  We''re talking about a ''football'' environment here, not ''Last Night at the Proms''. He''s ''out and proud'' and so clearly happy with his sexuality.  maybe this is an issue for you to consider.... not Stephen Fry or the rest of us.Save the PC whinging for your netball night and leave football for the men.

[/quote]So you''re saying it''s acceptable to discriminate against someone on grounds of their sexuality then? What about the chants aimed at Sol Campbell, where the Spurs fans were wishing AIDS on him? Was that acceptable?I''m not talking about whether Stephen himself would be offended by the chants, because clearly he''s far too intelligent (and, indeed, proud of his sexuality) to let it bother him – it''s just a bit pathetic that of all the complexities of his personality, we might collectively choose to point and giggle because he ''takes it up the bum''. It would make Norwich fans look like backwater philistines, and leave us open to ridicule from more enlightened fans – of which, it seems, you clearly are not one.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="morty"]Lol, this could get interesting.[:)][/quote]Shut up bum bandit ;)[/quote]Homophobe.[:(]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Dear me... what a bunch of no nuts.  We''re talking about a ''football'' environment here, not ''Last Night at the Proms''. He''s ''out and proud'' and so clearly happy with his sexuality.  maybe this is an issue for you to consider.... not Stephen Fry or the rest of us.Save the PC whinging for your netball night and leave football for the men.

[/quote]So you''re saying it''s acceptable to discriminate against someone on grounds of their sexuality then? What about the chants aimed at Sol Campbell, where the Spurs fans were wishing AIDS on him? Was that acceptable?I''m not talking about whether Stephen himself would be offended by the chants, because clearly he''s far too intelligent (and, indeed, proud of his sexuality) to let it bother him – it''s just a bit pathetic that of all the complexities of his personality, we might collectively choose to point and giggle because he ''takes it up the bum''. It would make Norwich fans look like backwater philistines, and leave us open to ridicule from more enlightened fans – of which, it seems, you clearly are not one.[/quote]Yep.... bend over and I''ll explain it all as we go on.

What about those four musical Gentleman, who used to be on the Jonathan Ross show - and are now regulars on the Adrian Chiles Daybreak show?

Is what they call themselves, actually wrong and politically incorrect?

I haven''t heard of any complaints from the viewing public - or even the gay community concerning the group name.... 

This coelho chap seems infatuated by bums.

Perhaps he should take his finger out of his own and relax a bit!

Oh and you never know, there might be a few who wish Fry could wind his neck in when talking about the Pope. I know it isn''t but this is supposed to be a country of free speech.

PS I''m not religious but I am hetrosexual.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]There is a difference between simplifying an argument and just being simple, Mello.
[/quote]

I just didn''t want to type the name of the group of the singing gay gentleman.....In case someone deemed or labelled me homopathetic...

But anyway, aren''t they called something like "Four puffs on a piano stool".....(Apparently, they turn it upside down).....

Oh dear....I''m probably going to get in real trouble now, from the forum politically correct police.....

Mello....That was quite funny. Well done.These songs are all just so "Elton John at Watford" though, aren''t they? And that''s pretty darn old hat. Can''t someone clever make a limerick up about Bipolar disorder?I mean, if laughing about someone''s genetic programming is so hilarious, we should laugh at Mr Fry''s life-changing (and to some people, life-threatening) disorder, right?

[quote user="Mook"]Mello....That was quite funny. Well done.These songs are all just so "Elton John at Watford" though, aren''t they? And that''s pretty darn old hat. Can''t someone clever make a limerick up about Bipolar disorder?I mean, if laughing about someone''s genetic programming is so hilarious, we should laugh at Mr Fry''s life-changing (and to some people, life-threatening) disorder, right?[/quote]Don''t tempt me Monk.... don''t tempt me.As it is clear that you and one or two others on this thread are gay, I would point out that I have (or used to have) a good friend who came out as being  gay.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Mook"]Mello....That was quite funny. Well done.These songs are all just so "Elton John at Watford" though, aren''t they? And that''s pretty darn old hat. Can''t someone clever make a limerick up about Bipolar disorder?I mean, if laughing about someone''s genetic programming is so hilarious, we should laugh at Mr Fry''s life-changing (and to some people, life-threatening) disorder, right?[/quote]Don''t tempt me Monk.... don''t tempt me.As it is clear that you and one or two others on this thread are gay, I would point out that I have (or used to have) a good friend who came out as being  gay. [/quote]I had a good friend who came out as being black.  We made the best of it, but afterwards I was never that comfortable about referring to "Bongo-Bongoland" and eventually we went our separate ways.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Dear me... what a bunch of no nuts.  We''re talking about a ''football'' environment here, not ''Last Night at the Proms''. He''s ''out and proud'' and so clearly happy with his sexuality.  maybe this is an issue for you to consider.... not Stephen Fry or the rest of us.Save the PC whinging for your netball night and leave football for the men.

[/quote]So you''re saying it''s acceptable to discriminate against someone on grounds of their sexuality then? What about the chants aimed at Sol Campbell, where the Spurs fans were wishing AIDS on him? Was that acceptable?I''m not talking about whether Stephen himself would be offended by the chants, because clearly he''s far too intelligent (and, indeed, proud of his sexuality) to let it bother him – it''s just a bit pathetic that of all the complexities of his personality, we might collectively choose to point and giggle because he ''takes it up the bum''. It would make Norwich fans look like backwater philistines, and leave us open to ridicule from more enlightened fans – of which, it seems, you clearly are not one.[/quote]

Practically all the Gay people I''ve known (and I''ve met & known a hell of a lot being in the catering trade and a Bowie fan to boot) are more offended by straight folk being offended by remarks about Gay people -- of course people like yourself are not so much offended as you are naive idealists in search of some form of Utopia that will never exist in the real world.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Mook"]Mello....That was quite funny. Well done.These songs are all just so "Elton John at Watford" though, aren''t they? And that''s pretty darn old hat. Can''t someone clever make a limerick up about Bipolar disorder?I mean, if laughing about someone''s genetic programming is so hilarious, we should laugh at Mr Fry''s life-changing (and to some people, life-threatening) disorder, right?[/quote]Don''t tempt me Monk.... don''t tempt me.As it is clear that you and one or two others on this thread are gay, I would point out that I have (or used to have) a good friend who came out as being  gay. [/quote]Cool, now we have something in common. Let''s talk leather trousers... Funny, we share even more similarities - after many years it turned out that one of my friends was a base, slow-witted muppet with a low-level sense of humour.I was actually being genuinely reasonable - we''re still laughing at bum-burgling shirt-lifters as if "Are You Being Served" was still current, why don''t we upgrade our football songs? I bet the Rangers fans have done one for Neil Lennon''s depression, yet we in Norfolk are still so fascinated by homosexuality that we have to steal songs sung on Watford''s terraces in the 80s?

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Mook"]Mello....That was quite funny. Well done.These songs are all just so "Elton John at Watford" though, aren''t they? And that''s pretty darn old hat. Can''t someone clever make a limerick up about Bipolar disorder?I mean, if laughing about someone''s genetic programming is so hilarious, we should laugh at Mr Fry''s life-changing (and to some people, life-threatening) disorder, right?[/quote]Don''t tempt me Monk.... don''t tempt me.As it is clear that you and one or two others on this thread are gay, I would point out that I have (or used to have) a good friend who came out as being  gay. [/quote]Cool, now we have something in common. Let''s talk leather trousers... Funny, we share even more similarities - after many years it turned out that one of my friends was a base, slow-witted muppet with a low-level sense of humour.I was actually being genuinely reasonable - we''re still laughing at bum-burgling shirt-lifters as if "Are You Being Served" was still current, why don''t we upgrade our football songs? I bet the Rangers fans have done one for Neil Lennon''s depression, yet we in Norfolk are still so fascinated by homosexuality that we have to steal songs sung on Watford''s terraces in the 80s?[/quote]If you are not infact gay yourself (I promise not to hold it against you....really promise).... have you never wondered what it would be like?I tried doing gay things with an old girlfriend once. It was an interesting experience but she couldn''t ride a bike for a week, poor thing.