Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Ncisa (for the last time!)

This is just to let everyone know about another change with regards to how NCISA conducts itself, and I apologise for using the Pink’un forum to announce itHowever,I wanted to get the message across to as many people as possible.

I have now joined the NCISA committee and it has been agreed that I will be dealing with queries, criticisms and suggestions on the group’s behalf. Consequently, any comments made by other committee members on here will, in future, be their own personal opinions, not those of NCISA itself.

I joined the committee because I want to see a modern businesslike organisation which engages with current and prospective members on all levels, and doesn’t overreact to perceived criticism or get drawn into petty squabbles. Only one member of the committee remains from the Robert Chase era, Roy Blower, who is nonvoting life president, and this is a time for a new start, because, frankly, there is a real danger of the Association becoming irrelevant unless it can offer its members more than simply a conduit for discontent.

I have followed the various threads regarding NCISA over the last few months and often winced at how they have developed from the NCISA side. I am keen to open a dialogue with those who have criticised us, because I believe that their views are very important as we try to restructure the Association. I will do this on a one to one basis and would encourage anyone who has questions, criticisms or any other comments to contact me at contact@ncisa.co.uk and promise that I will respond to every contact, friendly or not! What I am not going to enter into is a debate on this forum, as I do not believe that that would be an appropriate use of the facility.

I look forward to hearing from you.

[8] Well this could be the last time
This could be the last time
Maybe the last time
I don''t know. Oh no. Oh no ....................

[;)]

I would just like to say that I am still available for petty arguments and squabbles.[;)]

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Oh no you''re not ![/quote]I am.And you smell.Another debate successfully won.[:)]

Just mind you ''do in Tilly''s head''. He''s got enough on his mind already with inner circles and so on.

But at least he remains free to speak his mind.

Now your Chairman, The Butler, he''s been banned from writing about NCISA on this forum?

You need a clean break with the ''Chase out'' baggage.

We need a strong and effective supporters organisation to complement the recent changes at the club. May I suggest a review of the constitution followed by a name change and rebranding. Perhaps there should be a requirement for each age cohort and geographical region to be represented on the Committee and term limits for the Chairman, for example?

Good luck.

OTBC

Beauseant, in my opinion this is a positive step for NCISA. At least you can spell. [:D]

I have no doubt that you have thought your message through carefully before inviting others ( members and non-members ) to share their views with you at the NCISA website. However, seeing as how you posted your initial input on here ( for understandable reasons ) it is appropriate to post my response on here to what appears to me, a weak point in your communication. Your comment ( "Consequently, any comments made by other committee members on here will, in future, be their own personal opinions, not those of NCISA itself" ) may well be as a result of discussions you have had with other committee members and be generally regarded to be the democratic approach. However, if other committee members continue to engage on this or any other forum with points of contention regarding NCISA then, quite frankly, they may as well tie your hands behind your back right now. The far better approach I suggest is for everyone else on the committee to refrain from doing so, period. That would not restrict Kathy or Chris Wright or others from using this forum to communicate NCISA business but they should not react to any criticism  to those communications. It does not serve the best interests of NCISA, which is obviously why you have volunteered to join the committee.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"] Perhaps there should be a requirement for each age cohort and geographical region to be represented on the Committee and term limits for the Chairman, for example?[/quote]

Some good ideas Bly but do NCISA really need a comittee representative in the Carribean, America or Being who live under bridges? ;)

Seriously though from a personal point of view it would be good if NCISA did have an exile fan on he comittee, although logisitcally this is probably impossible as I doubt MCISA have the facility to hold tele/video conferences and most of their events and things tend to happen during the week.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"] Perhaps there should be a requirement for each age cohort and geographical region to be represented on the Committee and term limits for the Chairman, for example?[/quote]

Some good ideas Bly but do NCISA really need a comittee representative in the Carribean, America or Being who live under bridges? ;)

Seriously though from a personal point of view it would be good if NCISA did have an exile fan on he comittee, although logisitcally this is probably impossible as I doubt MCISA have the facility to hold tele/video conferences and most of their events and things tend to happen during the week.

Davo

[/quote]

Thanks, but to clarify, I really meant the most relevant East Anglian /UK (e.g. London) regions.

OTBC

Love it!

So if you have to represent the exiles, you also need someone to represent the fans who can''t be bothered to go - who can replace Smudger maybe Arthur?

Those who can''t afford to go - Blah blah blah

Those too young to go - any baboies out there?

Those who don''t support Norwich - ahh Richard Gough a role for you!

Those who hate football - tricky but someone''s wife would do

Those who hate life itself maybe?

Or just accept that no committee anywhere is ever fully representative!!

I prefer the term "Casual supporter" Mr 2 dots.  When I first started going in the very early 80s this phrase wasn''t such a dirty word.  But I guess your 14 pounds per match season ticket gives you a sense of entitlement over people who for their own reasons, can''t commit every week, and for all you know spend as much, if not more than you in their casual support.  But let''s not have the "True Fan" debate here again.That you are willing to have a pop at casual supporters, and are to my knowledge still a representative on the NCISA comittee, speaks volumes in my opinion.  If ever Beauseant was looking for an example of what he is looking to avoid, you''ve just provided it in this thread.

Oh dear blah a bad day?

Sorry this was meant to be tongue in cheek and refers back to your own very valid points in the past that not everyone can afford to go to every game.

Myself I regard myself as ''true'' only in the way that I show my true colours whenever in a football debate .....

If offence was caused then rest assured it was unintentional.

[quote user="o"]Love it! So if you have to represent the exiles, you also need someone to represent the fans who can''t be bothered to go - who can replace Smudger maybe Arthur? Those who can''t afford to go - Blah blah blah Those too young to go - any baboies out there? Those who don''t support Norwich - ahh Richard Gough a role for you! Those who hate football - tricky but someone''s wife would do Those who hate life itself maybe? Or just accept that no committee anywhere is ever fully representative!![/quote]

Jumped the gun a bit there didn''t you old chap. Tut tut. Premature ejaculation some would call it [;)] But then I suppose it was all meant to be a joke, right?

My initial comments still stand. I would like to see a new, vibrant, more democratic and representative organisation - rebranded and shorn of the ''Chase out'' rump and associated baggage. The club have revised their approach: time for the supporters to update and modernise our arrangements.

By the way, what constituency do you represent on ''the Committee'' - apart from yourself?

OTBC

Glad to note that you have realised that PinkUn and NCISA are not one and the same....For me there is no place for organised ''groups'' when it comes to following your football team (other than travel arrangements). The loss of the ''casual'' supporter is criminal enough let alone having self appointed individuals (sic) claiming to speak and make decisions on my behalf. However I''m sure Lady Delia would very much like to have her flock penned in and tagged.Nothing much personal by the way.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

This is just to let everyone know about another change with regards to how NCISA conducts itself, and I apologise for using the Pink’un forum to announce itHowever,I wanted to get the message across to as many people as possible.

I have now joined the NCISA committee and it has been agreed that I will be dealing with queries, criticisms and suggestions on the group’s behalf. Consequently, any comments made by other committee members on here will, in future, be their own personal opinions, not those of NCISA itself.

I joined the committee because I want to see a modern businesslike organisation which engages with current and prospective members on all levels, and doesn’t overreact to perceived criticism or get drawn into petty squabbles. Only one member of the committee remains from the Robert Chase era, Roy Blower, who is nonvoting life president, and this is a time for a new start, because, frankly, there is a real danger of the Association becoming irrelevant unless it can offer its members more than simply a conduit for discontent.

I have followed the various threads regarding NCISA over the last few months and often winced at how they have developed from the NCISA side. I am keen to open a dialogue with those who have criticised us, because I believe that their views are very important as we try to restructure the Association. I will do this on a one to one basis and would encourage anyone who has questions, criticisms or any other comments to contact me at

contact@ncisa.co.uk and promise that I will respond to every contact, friendly or not! What I am not going to enter into is a debate on this forum, as I do not believe that that would be an appropriate use of the facility.

[/quote]Binner.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Just mind you ''do in Tilly''s head''. He''s got enough on his mind already with inner circles and so on.

Now your Chairman, The Butler, he''s been banned from writing about NCISA on this forum?

We need a strong and effective supporters organisation to complement the recent changes at the club. May I suggest a review of the constitution followed by a name change and rebranding. Perhaps there should be a requirement for each age cohort and geographical region to be represented on the Committee and term limits for the Chairman, for example?

[/quote]It''s an Independent Supporter''s Association, not the Labour Party.  I can think of no other group which is represented by a "diverse geo-demographic", it should and is run by people who care passionately about the football club.Your idea that "a clean break" is needed is also nonsense, as far as I''m concerned.  With your user name, you should know that life is 10% here and now, 90% a history lesson, and if we have a "clean break" with the uprisings against the mistakes of the past then we will not be able to use that accrued knowledge and experience to hold the club to account in future.  There is no "best before" date on being a Norwich City fan... but again, you should know that already...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Beauseant"]

I have followed the various threads regarding NCISA over the last few months and often winced at how they have developed from the NCISA side. I am keen to open a dialogue with those who have criticised us, because I believe that their views are very important as we try to restructure the Association. I will do this on a one to one basis and would encourage anyone who has questions, criticisms or any other comments to contact me at

contact@ncisa.co.uk and promise that I will respond to every contact, friendly or not! What I am not going to enter into is a debate on this forum, as I do not believe that that would be an appropriate use of the facility.

[/quote]Binner.[/quote]Genius

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

It''s an Independent Supporter''s Association, not the Labour Party.  I can think of no other group which is represented by a "diverse geo-demographic", it should and is run by people who care passionately about the football club.

Your idea that "a clean break" is needed is also nonsense, as far as I''m concerned.  With your user name, you should know that life is 10% here and now, 90% a history lesson, and if we have a "clean break" with the uprisings against the mistakes of the past then we will not be able to use that accrued knowledge and experience to hold the club to account in future.  There is no "best before" date on being a Norwich City fan... but again, you should know that already...

[/quote]

I take it that you''re not a fan of proportional representation. Nor keen on each geographical area of the UK having an elected representative in parliament.

Remind me how we morphed from Stan Springall''s organisation into NCISA.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Remind me when that happened?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Remind me when that happened?

[/quote]

Since there must be a catch here why don''t you just go ahead?

I know I''m  senior to you but I''m tired tonight so as you''re the resident, non-google aided history buff I''ll defer to you.

''Night sonny.

[:D]

OTBC

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I have followed the various threads regarding NCISA over the last few months and often winced at how they have developed from the NCISA side. I am keen to open a dialogue with those who have criticised us, because I believe that their views are very important as we try to restructure the Association. I will do this on a one to one basis and would encourage anyone who has questions, criticisms or any other comments to contact me at contact@ncisa.co.uk and promise that I will respond to every contact, friendly or not! What I am not going to enter into is a debate on this forum, as I do not believe that that would be an appropriate use of the facility.

[/quote]

Beauseant,

What a great move to get someone as well respected and likeable as you onboard to act as the first contact point for ncisa, We all know that you''re someone who won''t  overreact to criticism, get drawn into petty squabbles and has a sensible head on his shoulders and its people like you who will hopefully change the perception people have of ncisa.

Good Luck in your new role.

CA

As someone who has on occasion criticised the NCISA, it does seem that they are seeking to address the issues that I have previously made so good luck to Butler, Beuseant et al as far as I''m concerned, although this message board may become a duller place as a result.

[quote user="T"]

As someone who has on occasion criticised the NCISA, it does seem that they are seeking to address the issues that I have previously made so good luck to Butler, Beuseant et al as far as I''m concerned, although this message board may become a duller place as a result.

[/quote]Classic over reaction.....There is no reason on earth why all of the NCISA guys shouldn''t continue to post on here as individuals. If they do indeed disappear it smacks of the spoilt little kid who takes his ball home when things don''t go his way..... or that they posted on here in their capacity of NCISA overlord.An adult reaction is expected from those who claim to be representative of the ''ordinary'' fan.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="T"]

[/quote]

Classic over reaction.....

There is no reason on earth why all of the NCISA guys shouldn''t continue to post on here as individuals. If they do indeed disappear it smacks of the spoilt little kid who takes his ball home when things don''t go his way..... or that they posted on here in their capacity of NCISA overlord.

An adult reaction is expected from those who claim to be representative of the ''ordinary'' fan.

[/quote]

I have to agree with Cluck, why shouldn''t they post on here as individuals about their football team, at the end of the day they are all passionate fans like the rest of us.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

It''s an Independent Supporter''s Association, not the Labour Party.  I can think of no other group which is represented by a "diverse geo-demographic", it should and is run by people who care passionately about the football club.Your idea that "a clean break" is needed is also nonsense, as far as I''m concerned.  With your user name, you should know that life is 10% here and now, 90% a history lesson, and if we have a "clean break" with the uprisings against the mistakes of the past then we will not be able to use that accrued knowledge and experience to hold the club to account in future.  There is no "best before" date on being a Norwich City fan... but again, you should know that already...[/quote]

I take it that you''re not a fan of proportional representation. Nor keen on each geographical area of the UK having an elected representative in parliament.

OTBC

[/quote]I may or may not be, Bly.  I''d simply point out that the UK''s electoral system (first past the post, not PR) has no bearing on the membership or election process for a voluntary organisation.  Regional PR isn''t the way we elect our leaders, why should NCISA be any different?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]It''s an Independent Supporter''s Association, not the Labour Party.  I can think of no other group which is represented by a "diverse geo-demographic", it should and is run by people who care passionately about the football club.Your idea that "a clean break" is needed is also nonsense, as far as I''m concerned.  With your user name, you should know that life is 10% here and now, 90% a history lesson, and if we have a "clean break" with the uprisings against the mistakes of the past then we will not be able to use that accrued knowledge and experience to hold the club to account in future.  There is no "best before" date on being a Norwich City fan... but again, you should know that already...

[/quote]If we all set up our own single member associations it''d sort out the ''who do you represent'' argument.[:P]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="T"]

[/quote]

Classic over reaction.....

There is no reason on earth why all of the NCISA guys shouldn''t continue to post on here as individuals. If they do indeed disappear it smacks of the spoilt little kid who takes his ball home when things don''t go his way..... or that they posted on here in their capacity of NCISA overlord.

An adult reaction is expected from those who claim to be representative of the ''ordinary'' fan.

[/quote]

I have to agree with Cluck, why shouldn''t they post on here as individuals about their football team, at the end of the day they are all passionate fans like the rest of us.

[/quote]

The problem is that no how many times an individual says it is their own personal view it inevitably reflects on the organisation as the organisation is merely the sum of its members. The no doubt genuine and well intended comments by committee members often showed an embarrassing ignorance particularly of finance and business matter which made the organisation look ridiculous. It is no different from politics where politicians have to accept their coments reflect on the party. Like Labour with its rejection of the passionate loony left or the Tories with their rejection of passionate right wing zealots or at least keeping it under control is good to see that the NCISA has finally realised that a change of regime was necessary, that it was stuck in the past and that it will only be accepted and respected and have any influence if it takes a more sensible and rationale line.