Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Really unlucky Statto. Beaten by a 90th minute goal in the final game of your ( our ) selections. That is heartbreaking for you and disappointing for all of us.

[quote user="Statto28"]Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo[/quote]

Terrible luck, you can''t get any closer. 5 from 6 and only undone by a last gasp equaliser. Gutted for you.

Tremendous effort Statto[Y]

Cheers one and all. Slightly gutted would be an understatement but nether the less an incredible amount of enjoyment and tension.   Best of luck who gets to have a go next week and here''s hoping for a little more luck and some more wins for us over the rest of the season             Cheers       

Im absolutely gutted for you statto, these six looked nailed on all weekend. You even avoided the big banana skins that would have felled many a picker. Unfortuanetly we have had winning weeks on the back of last minute goals, and we have had weeks ruined by last minute goals.Either way, a cracking effort for your first attempt at picking.

Commiserations Statto. You came so so close it''s unbelievable but you gave it your best and it was a great attempt. Let us hope we win next week.

Davo

Ah hell, I thought this was a cert.  Unlucky Statto, but your name suits you - you were *that* close to a win, and I''m sure you''ll bring it home next time.

I followed the score while I was at the club and I couldn''t believe it when I was told that Willem had scored so late in the game. I was gutted for you Statto and for all of us. What a very cruel way to lose! But then I got to thinking about those threads from way back when we first started. And how happy Ray was because the free bet had united City fans from far and wide. I reckon when Roda conceded that goal there was disappointment and frustration from so many different places in the world. And not because some random Dutch team had scored but because the goal had prevented  an online community of Norwich fans winning another £35 for their beloved clubs academy. Then I got to thinking that the £35 wasn''t even important, we will win that back another week and when we do it will be Statto''s win as much as the PUP who makes the final selections. We might have lost the bet in wretched circumstances but we haven''t lost the spirit of the free bet that Ray started all that time ago and lives on today with so many PUPs, young and old, girls and boys, men and women, from near and far all united with the single aim of Raysing funds for FONCY.

Gutted , and Statto I thought this was in the bag as of Saturday night ! so even more gutted for you !

Funny old game Football, never mind as Nutty said we will make that up and some before the end of the season !

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I followed the score while I was at the club and I couldn''t believe it when I was told that Willem had scored so late in the game. I was gutted for you Statto and for all of us. What a very cruel way to lose! But then I got to thinking about those threads from way back when we first started. And how happy Ray was because the free bet had united City fans from far and wide. I reckon when Roda conceded that goal there was disappointment and frustration from so many different places in the world. And not because some random Dutch team had scored but because the goal had prevented  an online community of Norwich fans winning another £35 for their beloved clubs academy. Then I got to thinking that the £35 wasn''t even important, we will win that back another week and when we do it will be Statto''s win as much as the PUP who makes the final selections. We might have lost the bet in wretched circumstances but we haven''t lost the spirit of the free bet that Ray started all that time ago and lives on today with so many PUPs, young and old, girls and boys, men and women, from near and far all united with the single aim of Raysing funds for FONCY.

[/quote]

Beautiful words Nutty.

Having a mare of a season but looking forward to relieving billy of his money this weekend.

A great thread again this week but with a wicked sting in the tail. A tremendous effort by our friend Statto who managed to give us a brilliant set of six only to be cruelly denied right at the death. Thank you Statto, despite that bitter disappointment I know you really enjoyed your week in charge. All us PUPs are looking forward to your turn next year.

67 PUPs made selections this week. 49 of you selected correctly making a success rate of 73%. Between us 33 games were selected for Statto’s consideration of which 24 won making a strike rate of 73%. Statto returned us 5/6 which was 83% and he was so so close to being 100%.

I’d just like to say well done to YarmouthCanary who made a winning debut and with an away win too.

Graham is still the clear leader of our league but Cherub, Cosmic, Broadslim and Scooby remain right on his tail putting the pressure on.

Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks. I don’t know what happened to our friend Shyster this week. If you’re around Shyster I hope you’re ok and we need you to sort our league out in your own inimitable way!

PUP Correct Picks Season %
Graham Humphrey 12-13 92
Canary Cherub 11-13 85
Cosmic Twin 11-13 85
Norfolkbroadslim 11-13 85
Scooby 11-13 85
Diesel Doris 10-13 77
Ginger Pele 10-13 77
Inch High 10-13 77
Lappinitup 10-13 77
Mr. Bump 10-13 77
Norfolkchance1 10-13 77