Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Morning all PuP''s and of course Statto !

I am going to divert my attention to Switzerland this week and the Swiss Axpo Super League game between Basle and Belinzona .

Home win for Basel ! Good luck all PuP''s and Statto , let hope for two a row !

Back to the Scottish Cup for me again this week, and Annan Athletic (second place in the Third Division, but a point and a game behind leaders Stranraer) should see off the challenge of East of Scotland League side Preston Athletic in a second round replay.Best of luck!

Scottish Cup for me too this week please

East Stirling v Forres Mechanics = HOME win

The league side should have too much for their non-league opponents

Good luck

Cosmics selection of Shrewsbury v Barnet looks good for me.Shrewsbury 4-2-0-11-4 at homeBarnet 0-1-5-6-18 awaySo I''ll have that aswell please nuttyGood luck statto and all pickers.

A belated well done for last weeks sucess, just going to show even 6 very short odds games still racking up a nice profit for the Pups. I know its tempting to try and win as much as possible, but winning little and often would be great too!

Good luck to all this weeks Pups (no Gups anymore!) and in particular Statto!

I''m going with RANGERS v Inverness CT - Home win

Leedscanary

Huddersfield to beat Walsall this week for me, Huddersfields home record is as good as Walsall''s is bad.

Good luck Statto and all pickers, lets try and continue the run!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

[quote user="YarmouthCanary"]Hey guys new to pinkun. What is the Pinkun Pickers all about and how do I get involved?[/quote]

Welcome to the thread Yarmouth Canary! For some reason I cant cut and paste, but the general overview is on the facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124098287639888#!/group.php?gid=124098287639888&v=info

For now just select the one team who you think is most likely to win this weekend! This can come from England, Scotland, or anywhere in Europe as long as they have odds.

Best of luck!

[/quote]

---

That raises a question I, as a virtual newcomer, was going to ask. Where can one find which games are bettable and what the odds are?

[/quote]As Herman mentioned, the PUPs resource library on the NCISA website is great source for these things. www.oddschecker.com is the one I use, as it covers every big bookie. However if you go onto the website of any of the big bookmakers (Ladbrokes, coral etc) they will have a list of that weeks games. I usually have a quick scan on Ladbrokes to see if any games stand out, then use Oddschecker for the more obscure leagues if im struggling for something different!

[quote user="Herman "]Purple and Yarmouth,go to the NCISA website,click

on the PUPS link and there is a list of other sites that will give you

betting data[Y][/quote]Thanks Herman, appreciate it.[quote user="nutty nigel"] 

Here''s that essay young Nana told you about.....[/quote]
Simple as then

No worries and welcome aboard.This is my first season as a PUP and it''s good fun.The only bad part is that you will find yourself cheering on teams like Chelsea or Arsenal,which was a first for me[:D]

To offer something different i am heading to France this weekend and my selection is Lyon v Sochaux - home win.

Good luck to all!

Hi all,  Sorry for the late entry.

I''m off to Croatia this week where Hadjuk Split are facing bottom of the table Hrvatski Dragovoljac who have yet to win a game so it''s a definite HOME WIN for the mighty Hadjuk!!  I hope......

Good Luck Statto and all you PUPS.

Ok, good evening one all . After much calculating, ruminating, cogitating and other weird and wonderous activities ending with ''ing'', I think I''m finally there with my 6 naps. Before I unveil them, allowing you all to either shower me praise/shower me with scorn (delete as applicable), there''s just a couple of things I''d like to say.     Firstly, thanks to Nutty for the top draw organisation that keeps this running so smoothly and of course to Arrdee, who Im sure would be only too proud to see how this thread and the cameraderie/banter/fun/Shysters in house league has developed.   Secondly, an apology. Having looked from afar at all the pickers so far and often pondered quite vociferously why so and so have been selected, I can now fully understand the variety of issues that arises. Do you go for 6 longish odds and hope to rake in a whopping amount, go for 6 supposed ''bankers'' and work on the ''little and more often'' approach or a mix of the two. I''ve duly considered all of these and in the end, to my own disappointment, have taken the seemingly more conservative, dull and some would argue boring route. Whatever the opinion, I''ve had a great deal of fun and I hope this thread continues to provide the same amount of enjoyment for as wide a range of people for a long time to come.    Lastly, to all you Pickers, I can honestly say that each and every one of your naps has been duly considered and know that much of my half term off work has been spent looking at the various form of teams from a host of European Leagues from the major to downright obscure. Thanks for all your selections -  I hope I don''t let all you down :)     So, without further wafflage, here are my 6 naps  Arsenal to beat West Ham (Delia/Shack/GMF/Sports Desk Pete et alHadjuk Split to beat Hrvatski Dragovoljac   (Scooby/Trent/Canary Cherub et al) This will also be my choice please  Hertha Berlin to beat Ingolstad  (Hissing Sid)   Luton to beat Bath  ( Muddy/GingerPele et al )    Roda to beat Willem ll Tilburg (Yankee/Nutty et al)    Annan to beat Preston Athletic (Graham H et al)    So that''s the 6. Notable mentions to Shrewsbury, Turiff United, Cliftonville, Basel, Albion and Rangers but alas, it can only be 6       Here''s as always looking forward to both a City win and of course, even more than usual, a PUPs win              Cheers one and all, I''ve had a blast

D''oh!! Bit late this week. Conference for me...

Rushden & Diamonds to beat Barrow.

Good looking set of picks, good luck Statto, and all PUPs

Great stuff Statto. Thank you for this brilliant and well thought out final six. I echo your sentiments about the fun and cameraderie that goes with this thread every week. And the fact that as well as the enjoyment this pack of united PUPs has helped raise over £1000 for our beloved clubs academy. I honestly believe only the cruelest misfortune can prevent us adding to that total with your excellent final selections.

As always I shall get these to Billy in the morning and post the odds on here.

Not totally convinced by this as West Ham have an excellent record at Arsenal over recent years but-

Arsenal vs West Ham - home win

Good luck everyone, best of luck Statto[:)][Y]

Sorry i''m late, this new site is much slower on my laptop than before.

Anyways i''m going with Hadjuk Split as well please.

good luck all

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I would like BANGOR CITY to beat Bala Town this week.

Bangor are P11 W11, while away from home Bala Town are P6 D1 L5.

[/quote]

They done it again.12/12.[Y]I wonder what the record is?

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Statto and Billy Dixon we have...

1/5

Arsenal

1/5

Hadjuk Split

2/5

Hertha Berlin

1/3

Luton

1/3

Roda

1/4

Annan

Which will win for the Academy £34.80p. As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £22.92. So that’s a huge difference this week, nearly half as much again in fact, and just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. So don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring and get yourselves sorted. So now it’s "game on". Hertha Berlin get us underway at lunchtime today then Arsenal, Luton and Annan kick off at 3pm. Hadjuk Split play at 4pm and all being well we will be undefeated overnight waiting for Roda to seal our win on Sunday at 2:30pm.

Good luck everyone...........[:)]..............