Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"]Vejle v FC Vestsjaelland home win

good luck.

can i be cheeky nig and ask what score i''m on at the moment? i know i''ve still got a few weeks till im up to 50% of the games
[/quote]

3 from 5 60% so two winning weeks will see you on our table. I reckon you are going to have a good season[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Oh balls, my game is Friday night.  Is that not eligible?

[/quote]

It''s obviously not eligible to be considered for the final selections Mister but you picked it in good faith so I see no reason why you shouldn''t keep the selection as your nap if you want to.

[/quote]

---

In that case Nutty I demand you count me as having picked Feyenoord to beat Venlo.[:@] I genuinely thought it was this Saturday. How was I to know it was last night?![;)][:D][;)]

OK, perhaps not...

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Oh balls, my game is Friday night.  Is that not eligible?

[/quote]

It''s obviously not eligible to be considered for the final selections Mister but you picked it in good faith so I see no reason why you shouldn''t keep the selection as your nap if you want to.

[/quote]

---

In that case Nutty I demand you count me as having picked Feyenoord to beat Venlo.[:@] I genuinely thought it was this Saturday. How was I to know it was last night?![;)][:D][;)]

OK, perhaps not...

[/quote]

Of course you did return with, shall we say, a more valid selection before I noticed it. So now you will never know whethet I would have allowed it or not[;)]

Feyenoord are at AZ Alkmaar this weekend, I considered it, then wondered if that 0-10 had perhaps turned their season around.

Back in the day Feyenoord were a huge club in Holland. Probably as big as Ajax. They were European Champions back in the 70''s. I believe last weeks 0-10 to PSV was their heaviest defeat in over 100 years.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

---

OK, perhaps not...

[/quote]

Of course you did return with, shall we say, a more valid selection before I noticed it. So now you will never know whethet I would have allowed it or not[;)]

Feyenoord are at AZ Alkmaar this weekend, I considered it, then wondered if that 0-10 had perhaps turned their season around.

Back in the day Feyenoord were a huge club in Holland. Probably as big as Ajax. They were European Champions back in the 70''s. I believe last weeks 0-10 to PSV was their heaviest defeat in over 100 years.

[/quote]

You''re right about Feyenoord. Actually the first Dutch club to win the European Cup, the year before Ajax. With some good players. Van Hanegem, who was slow, and Kindvall, who was quick.

As to picking them, I had noticed that they were only 2-0 down when they had a player sent off, so then beating Venlo, without an away point, seemed a decent bet. Not so sure they will win at AZ.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][

[/quote]

You''re right about Feyenoord. Actually the first Dutch club to win the European Cup, the year before Ajax. With some good players. Van Hanegem, who was slow, and Kindvall, who was quick.

As to picking them, I had noticed that they were only 2-0 down when they had a player sent off, so then beating Venlo, without an away point, seemed a decent bet. Not so sure they will win at AZ.

[/quote]

I wasn''t very clear (again!)[;)] I meant I had considered Alkmaar but was a bit concerned about Feyenoord. They aren''t as bad as that 0-10 would suggest.

I''m back to Scotland which has been a happy hunting ground for me so far this season. Third Division promotion chasers Albion whose home form (4-1-0-11-5) should be too much for rock bottom Clyde (1-1-2-4-11) with only one win so far. So.......

Albion v Clyde........Home win.

Good luck Statto. [Y]

Already picked by two of the big dogs but Roda to beat Willem II looks a cert and it''s a pretty good price as well. Best of luck statto!

I''m heading to the Conference this week. Luton won for me last week in the Cup, and I fancy them again this week. So its

Luton v Bath City - Home Win

Good luck all.

Seasons Greetings Pupstars,On an horrendous run at the moment so hope to bounce back with Roma to beat Lecce in Serie A.Good Luck StattoLets hope we can bash Billy to help the Academy again this week.

Good evening Weather Vane Nutty and good luck Statto and all you other PUPs.

I am following Wazz this week with a home win for LUTON v Bath City.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Highland League for me again this week - Turriff United v Fort William Home win

FW rooted to the bottom after 10 games with -35 GD, while Turriff are 3rd and 100% record at home.
[/quote]

Keep forgetting about the Highland league... Fort William are pretty much the worst team in any league anywhere. Good spot P boro.

[quote user="YarmouthCanary"]Hey guys new to pinkun. What is the Pinkun Pickers all about and how do I get involved?
[/quote]

Welcome to the thread Yarmouth Canary! For some reason I cant cut and paste, but the general overview is on the facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124098287639888#!/group.php?gid=124098287639888&v=info

For now just select the one team who you think is most likely to win this weekend! This can come from England, Scotland, or anywhere in Europe as long as they have odds.

Best of luck!

[quote user="YarmouthCanary"]Hey guys new to pinkun. What is the Pinkun Pickers all about and how do I get involved?
[/quote]

Evening YC,

Basically there is a bookie call Dixmar Racing who give the PUPs (PinkUn Pickers) a FREE £10 bet and all money rasied goes to the academy!

All you have to do i choose one game you want and the outcome. Eg. If you think cardiff will beat norwich then you just leave that as your nap and then the final picker (Nutty will name them in the opening post.) picks 6 winners and then Nutty Nigel will ring dixmar racing and then post the odds on here.

Nutty has a 2 post essay about the thread in more depth. [:P]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

[/quote]

Welcome to the thread Yarmouth Canary! For some reason I cant cut and paste, but the general overview is on the facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=124098287639888#!/group.php?gid=124098287639888&v=info

For now just select the one team who you think is most likely to win this weekend! This can come from England, Scotland, or anywhere in Europe as long as they have odds.

Best of luck!

[/quote]

---

That raises a question I, as a virtual newcomer, was going to ask. Where can one find which games are bettable and what the odds are?

Purple and Yarmouth,go to the NCISA website,click on the PUPS link and there is a list of other sites that will give you betting data[Y]

[quote user="Herman "]Purple and Yarmouth,go to the NCISA website,click on the PUPS link and there is a list of other sites that will give you betting data[Y][/quote]

--

---

Thanks, Herman.[Y] There is an absolute mine of information there. I see with one bookie the odds on a Norwich win at Cardiff are 399/100. Wouldn''t it have been easier to call it 4/1?![;)]

Good luck this week Statto, I''ve done an accumulator myself this week with some risky picks in, but for the sake of fairness and actually trying to get ahead of steam, I''m going to go for:Arsenal to beat West HamGood luck Statto, and all the Pups.

Hi Nutty, many thanks for promoting my Half Marathon Run for me... [:)]As you say, further details of this can be found here or alternatively there are links to the two justgiving pages for each of my charities (Diabetes UK and The Cystic Fibrosis Trust) in the signature of each of my posts (see below).Now to the serious business and I hope I am not too late with my selection this week (as usual)?My tip is for Huddersfield to beat Walsall @ home.

Well done Smudge, that looks a good selection to me. Of course it''s not too late but come back every week because all the PUPs will be on the edge of their seats waiting to see which of Shyster''s divisions you make an appearance in!

Welcome Yarmouth .. great to have you on board! Here''s that essay young Nana told you about.....

The Pink Un Message Rays Funds For FONCY Free Bet Thread

The free bet was set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. It''s a totally free bet because it''s sponsored by Dixmar Racing who give the best odds every week in an attempt to maximise any winnings for the academy.

How It Works

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''best selection'' from the weekends football fixtures. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then phone these through to Billy Dixon at Dixmar Racing and post the bet and the odds on here on the Saturday lunchtime.

Have we won?

So far there have been 20 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £1048 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying. Of course we can''t lose thanks to the generosity of our good friend Billy Dixon and of course we have our own PUPs competition at the same time. So it''s a win win situation every week for the Pink Un Pickers!

Want To Take Part?

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on the thread. It''s as simple as that.