Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week thirteen of the free bet season. Now I think this week will be unlucky 13 for Billy because we have our friend Statto in charge and making the final selections. Statto joined us half way through last season and really made me sit up and take notice as his first ten selections were winners. I was beginning to believe he would never get one wrong! Statto finished the season on 19/22  86% which was a tremendous achievement. This season Statto, like the rest of us, has found it more difficult. But he got back to winning ways again last week so is in good form to make the final selections.

With Statto in charge I think we have an excellent chance of following up Trent’s marvellous win last week. But if we are to have a winning week we have to be in the same form we were last week. A tremendous effort by all last week and what struck me was the amount of different countries and competitions the selections now come from. I’m sure this is due to our PUPs Library on the NCISA site. Just remember that for a game to be considered for the final selections there has to be a market for the competition somewhere on the Odds Comparison Site in that library.

I’m sure a PUP of Statto’s quality will be able to avoid all the scares, shocks and tricks this weekend brings. Another winning week would be a real treat for all us PUPs.

In the end we still didn’t reach 70 PUPs last week. But we had three new PUPs join the thread so hopefully we will soon.

I’d just like to draw your attention to the fact that our good friend and fellow PUP Smudger is to run the Norwich Half Marathon before the ipswich game on the 28th November. He will be running the 13.1 mile course on behalf of Diabetes UK and The Cystic Fibrosis Trust. The details are on his thread at the top of the board. I think he deserves our support and encouragement because he is really putting his heart and soul into this venture. Details of how to sponsor him are on that thread but it’s great to show encouragement too. Smudge is hoping to get around the course in under two hours then race across the City to try and make it to Carrow Road in time so as not to miss too much of the East Anglian Derby. He has chosen two very worthwhile causes which are close to his heart and welcomes any sponsorship for both or either.

I’ll hand the free bet over to Statto now. Enjoy your week in charge, there’s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Jamie... the free bet is yours.......[:)]......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,2, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, yes Norfolkchance1 £1048 for the Academy,so far.

Irish Prem for me this week please:

Cliftonville -v- Portadown   HOME WIN

Good Luck Statto - here''s to the start of a roll  [<:o)]

Arsenal look to be too strong for West Ham, particularly at the Emirates, so my nap is a home win for the Gunners.

Good luck Statto and all the Pups.

I''m looking after Cosmic Twin''s pick this week.

It''s  Shrewsbury Town v. Barnet. Home Win

And of course it comes with best wishes to Statto and all you PUPs.

Heading off to the German 2nd Division this week to offer you

Hertha Berlin v Ingolstad - Home Win

Hertha are top of the league and have W4 D1 L0 F12 A3 at home. Ingolstad are 2nd bottom and away have lost 4 out of 4, scored just 2 with 8 conceded.

Best of luck everyone, especially Statto.

Thanks Nutty for that warm welcome - was much appreciated. I especially enjoyed the focus on my last seasons form as this year I find myself firmly near the top of Shyster''s 3rd Division - a long way from the relative glory of the top league.       However, despite being more nervous  I am confident that with the PUPs behind me, all being well we can add another successful week to our and long and notable list of successes. I look forward to reading all of your naps and can assure you that each one will be duly considered, weighed, measured and noted. As the name suggests, I''m partial to the odd statistic or two so if you''d like to add some reasoning of a numerical nature behind your pick, then all the better.     I''ll be looking to post my picks on Friday evening, so until then, pick away and onwards to glory, success and a sausage roll. Well, maybe not the glory and success        CheersP.S) Continuing on from last week, getting to 70 nappers would be great too!            

Hajduk Split over Hrvatski Dragovoljac in the Croatian league.Hajduk are second in the league, hot on the heels of the leaders. They are 5/1/0 at home with 16 goals scored already.Hrvatski are rock bottom, with three points in 12 games. They are 0/0/6 away from home with 1 goal scored and 17 conceded.

Best of luck Statto!

Good luck Statto and all Pups this week, come on lets make the 70 this week!

My selection this week is Rangers at home to Inverness in the SPL. Rangers are 9 out of 9 in the league so far this season and I cannot see it changing this weekend, despite Inverness'' away record not being THAT terrible.

Hey there. [8-|]

Cardiff City vs Norwich City - Home win

As much as I hate to say it, I believe we will lose. They have the 3 best (imo) strikers in the league, in Chopra, Bothroyd and Bellamy, with Burke and Whittingham etc chilling in midfield. Whether Bellamy plays or not (think I saw somewhere he can only play half the games cause he has a knee problem?), I just can''t see us getting anything out of this one.

Best of luck guys, and well done all for last week. [:)]

My choices have been picked already so i will go for something different and head off to the Hungarian league,and the magnificent city of Budapest;

FERENCVAROS v Szolnoki Mav-Mondi      HOME WIN

Good luck Statto and all PUPS[Y]

Highland League for me again this week - Turriff United v Fort William Home winFW rooted to the bottom after 10 games with -35 GD, while Turriff are 3rd and 100% record at home.

I had plumped for Feyenoord to beat Venlo, on the basis that they would show that famed Dutch bouncebackability after the 10-0 loss. Unfortunately for that cunning plan, I now see the game was tonight. And they did win. 3-0. But no good for the bet. So I''m with Diesel Doris:

Valencia to beat Real Zaragoza.

Dnjepr Dnjepropetrovsk V Shakhtar Donetsk - Away Win

Ukraine Premier league, Shakhtar looking good for the title already.

Ryman League South for me this week, where Metropolitan Police will surely beat Chatham Town at home.

The Met are sitting pretty in second 6 points behind leaders Leatherhead, but have 5 games in hand, whereas Chatham are languishing in mid table having lost 7 of their 13 games. Met have won all 8 of theirs scoring 26 and conceding just 2.

Good luck to all PUPs this week, another winner would be great!

Great spot again this week Trent. I''m with you and Cherub this week and Hajduk Split to win, despite having a cople of similar ''dead certs'' letting me down already this season.

Good luck Statto and all PUPs

MC

SPL for me this week please because it''s hard to see anything beyond a Rangers win.....

Rangers home win.

All the best this week to Statto and all those pups who select this week.[Y]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Oh balls, my game is Friday night.  Is that not eligible?

[/quote]

It''s obviously not eligible to be considered for the final selections Mister but you picked it in good faith so I see no reason why you shouldn''t keep the selection as your nap if you want to. But you are quite welcome to change it if you want to make a pick that Statto can consider.

My selection has already been chosen by Yankee but that''s a plus point so I am going to go along with my friend from The States by offering : -

Roda JC     V     Willem II Tilburg      Home Win

Roda our enjoying a good season so far being 4th in the league and unbeaten at home. Willem are bottom of the league having lost all but 1 of their 11 games and have only scored once away from home so far this season.

More stats for Statto from the Statto web site[:S]