Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

As i said in last weeks thread i will predict the outcome of the norwich match.

We will Win! Lambert has never lost 2 games in a row as norwich manager (this does include draws but middlesborough are struggling and well see ''em off)!

NN are we now the GUP''s as its now the Grey''un and not very pink-ie?!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

Welcome to the PUPS PC and good luck.

Chelsea for me this week. One of the big clubs have got to start winning soon haven''t they??

Good luck PUPS wherever you are

[/quote]

Thank you, TB. This is on the strict understanding, since I go for months on end without actually watching any football, and don''t really follow the sport, that Nutty never even for a moment thinks of picking me to make the selection.

[/quote]

Great to see you on here Purple[Y]

You have no worries about me asking you to make the final selections this season because the Fab40 picked themselves and I have a very large and willing reserve list. But keep coming back every week and there''s still time for you to make next seasons Fab40. That would qualify you to make the final selections but you would still have the right to veto and pass your place on to someone else.

[/quote]

Thanks, Nutty. I see my role here as going for the most obscure picks possible!

I''m gonna dip my toe into a continental game for a change. After all, I can''t make any worse choices lolFC Porto v Leiria home winFC Porto have played 7, won 6, drawn 1, lost 0; have a goal difference of +11; currently sitting top of the table (though that means nowt by previous resulst so far this season); played 3 at home and won all 3Leiria have only won 3, drawn 2 , lost 2; 7th place; have played 3 away - all lost

I''m going for a Chelsea win against the Golden Scum.

Best of luck to Trent and all you Pups,and thanks again to Nutty for putting my pick in for me in my absence last week![Y]

Well I don''t think we should become GUPs Nana. I liked things the way they were but I have learned with many things there''s nothing to be gained by resisting change. So we should remain PUPs and embrace the changes while looking for the positives. Which are.......

... anyway, to move on ... I have gone to Sweden for my selection this week. It couldn''t be closer at the top with just three games left in their Premier league. Malmo and Helsingborgs are locked together on 58 points after Malmo lost at home last week while Helsingborgs won 3-1 away at 4th placed Elfsborg. This week sees Helsingborgs at home to Atvidaberg who are third from bottom. I can''t see them throwing away last weeks good work by dropping any points from this fixture.

Helsingborgs     V     Atvidaberg     Home Win

Good luck Trent and all you PUPs and let''s hope the forum changes don''t stop reaching 70 PUPs this weekend.

Going for something different this week. Its the last qualifying round of the FA Cup so its

Luton v St Albans - Home Win

Luton are 3rd in the Blue Square Premier, St Albans are 18th in Blue Square South.

Good luck Trent, and all PUPs.

League 1 for me this week. I''m going for

Brighton to win at home to Yeovil.

Good luck everyone, especially Trent.

Back a night early. Just been at wembley for a company event - It really is a beautiful stadium, and the tour is highly recommended!Thanks for the picks so far, 22 seperate matches already selected so its giving me a lot to think about. Ive got three nailed down, one that im hoping odds will be published for, and two or three more left to decide. So keep them coming!

Sorry... That should say..Back a night early. Just been at wembley for a company event - It really is a beautiful stadium, and the tour is highly recommended!Thanks

for the picks so far, 22 seperate matches already selected so its

giving me a lot to think about. Ive got three nailed down, one that im

hoping odds will be published for, and two or three more left to

decide. So keep them coming!

G''day Puperoonies, I am on a shocking run at the moment so its off to Italy to chase some value with Palermo (2-0-1 on the road) to thrash the hapless Udinese (1-0-2 at home having scored only 1 goal). With my run its a guaranteed draw, however Palermo away win please NN.Good luck Trent and all pups

Luton home win for me please     Best of luck to all and as always, here''s looking forward to both a PUPs win and of course, a City win:) 

I''m going for a Scottish Cup Second Round tie this week, and Third Division table-toppers Stranraer (19 points from 10 games) to see off the challenge of South of Scotland League-based St. Cuthbert Wanderers.Best of luck Trent - we''re well overdue a winning week - and of course, all PUPs!

Real Madrid to beat Santander for me please.

Be carefull with Chelsea, they''ve got a lot of injuries at the moment.  They had a long trip to Russia Tuesday and there were no senior outfield players on the bench.  Drogba and Lampard have been out for a while.  May be worth checking the team news on Friday evening if poss.  I''m sure they will still have enough to beat Wolves, but Wolves have been a tough team to play against and are very physical.  Just a heads up and like i say i still expect them to win, but there odds are very skinny for what could be a tight game.

Good luck Trent, and good luck everyone else this weekend.

Good luck this week to all PUPs and most particularly Trent!

I am going to dip into the FA Cup this weekend, and go for Cambridge Utd to defeat Lewes FC at home.  Cambridge are 18th in the Blue Sq Premier, but won their last game at home, and Lewes are bottom of the Blue Sq South having lost 5 out of 5 away in the league.

I haven''t had much luck abroad - in fact twice I''ve napped there and twice the bastards have spoiled my 100% record - once with the Spaniards and a draw betwixt Real Madrid v Levante [:O] And once in Frogland with Brest drawing with Arles last week [:O]In light of the above I shouldn''t really venture abroad, but I''m staring at the Lazio v Cagliari fixture and thinking [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So-kOoU-NI8&p=13229C65A4DD189D&playnext=1&index=26]>>>>>>>>>>[/url] [:D]

Lazio to beat Cagliari.

Best of luck, Trent [img]http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

[quote user="cityangel"]41 picks so far so we have 29 to go to beat our record [:)][/quote]

I just remembered this one from last weeks thread....

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Sorry missed last week my Internet is down an I only have iPhone 3G. Chelsea win this week. Good luck one and all. Also Naarich to smash boro. Chelsea is my pick NN [Y][/quote]

So that''s another one which was meant for Trent''s consideration so I make that 44 PUPs picking 28 selections in 20 different competitions. There''s plenty there for Trent to consider. Is it me or are you PUPs trying harder to find different selections? I think if this had been last season we would have had many more on Chelsea. It''s fine to have a weight of opinion on certain games but the threads seem to be more balanced over the last few weeks.

Scottish 2nd division for me this week. Stenhousemuir (2-1-2-8-6) entertain Dumbarton (0-1-4-1-12) in a bottom of the table clash. Although Dumbarton''s only win this season came against Stenhousemuir, I expect Stenhousemuir to gain their revenge with home advantage this week. So.........

Stenhousemuir v Dumbarton........Home win.

Good luck Tom. [Y]

I spent a while researching an obscure selection up North of the border to break my losing streak and come on here only to find I was beaten to it last night by Graham H.....grrrrrrr. Anway, Stranraer look too good to miss out on so I am gonna copy his pick please.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]41 picks so far so we have 29 to go to beat our record [:)][/quote]

I just remembered this one from last weeks thread....

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Sorry missed last week my Internet is down an I only have iPhone 3G. Chelsea win this week. Good luck one and all. Also Naarich to smash boro. Chelsea is my pick NN [Y][/quote]

So that''s another one which was meant for Trent''s consideration so I make that 44 PUPs picking 28 selections in 20 different competitions. There''s plenty there for Trent to consider. Is it me or are you PUPs trying harder to find different selections? I think if this had been last season we would have had many more on Chelsea. It''s fine to have a weight of opinion on certain games but the threads seem to be more balanced over the last few weeks.

[/quote]

It might also be because posters are now sharing their sources in the PUPS library and not relying on last weekends papers.

Whatever reason it makes for interesting choices.