Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

There is a possibility Bellamy will not start on saturday

Obviously we will have to plan to play against him and he may well play but having had a look at the Cardiff forums quite a few of their fans seem to think he may not start against us and may be saved for their derby against Swansea. By all accounts his injury situation means he is generally only able to play one game a week and his physio has said he will be assessed on Thursday to see if he will be able to play some part in the game.

To be honest they have got plenty of other good attacking players anyway so regardless of Bellamy its a really hard game but i for one would be very happy to see him sat on the bench at 3 o''clock on Saturday!

Interesting and encouraging post ! I for one will be delighted if old neckless is not playing against us. Yes, they''re still a good side without him but they are a darn sight better when he is playing !

He''ll be playing... and out to make is presence known.

Interesting post but I noticed that Bellamy said the complete opposite in his post match interview against Leeds on Monday night. He said that it was the sharpest he had felt all season because he had finally got a full week''s training under his belt and was looking forward to doing some more work. The implication being that he feels he is going to get stronger and play more games in the near future. With most players I would take it with a pinch of salt, but Bellamy sets his own training schedule most of the time (hence the argument with Mancini) so I can believe it as he knows how to manage his knee best.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]Cardiff minus Bellars and Bothroyd are a much more attractive proposition for a team with our style away from home. Hopefully both will be missing[/quote]

Yes without them two Cardiff are a different prospect.

Even if Cardiff are without Bellamy and Bothroyd, they still have a class team with the likes of Chopra, Whittingham, Burke etc. Mind you it would be a lot easier without Bellamy and Bothroyd!

I can''t see the FAW banning Bothroyd in a million years. Cardiff being part of the English league system and still being governed by the FAW is like having their cake and eating it, as it seems to me that the FAW are more lenient with Cardiff and Swansea than the English FA generally are. Don''t know if this is the case, or whether others agree, but it is the way it has looked to me.

Theres also a possibility that I''ll win a tenner on the lottery on Saturday but I''m not losing any sleep over it!

I think Bellamy should still be playing in the Premiership cause hes above Championship level and his presence in the Cardiff side makes them one of the favourites to go up but they are a good side without him and we''ll have to play well to get anything there. Then again how many easy games do you get in the Championship - hardly any is the answer!

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]I can''t see the FAW banning Bothroyd in a million years. Cardiff being part of the English league system and still being governed by the FAW is like having their cake and eating it, as it seems to me that the FAW are more lenient with Cardiff and Swansea than the English FA generally are. Don''t know if this is the case, or whether others agree, but it is the way it has looked to me.[/quote]Absolutely. I think it was Darren Purse who was sent off for a clear red card offence shortly before their appearance in the FA Cup final a couple of years ago, and of course would''ve been suspended for the final, had the FAW not stepped in and overturned it. The guy who chaired the disciplinary hearing was a Cardiff City season ticket holder!So forget it, Bothroyd won''t be suspended. Just a token gesture from the FAW to say they will "review the footage".

Sorry for double post, just found this...[url=http://www.faw.org.uk/news/1942]http://www.faw.org.uk/news/1942[/url]Shock horror.

[quote user="Northluck C."]Sorry for double post, just found this...

[url=http://www.faw.org.uk/news/1942]http://www.faw.org.uk/news/1942[/url]

Shock horror.
[/quote]

Hypocrisy reigns !!   I hope that whoever the referee is for this game will have this tackle in the back of his mind. I would not be surprised at all to see Bothroyd sent off.