Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Huckerbys Boots - NCISA Interview

Interview with Robin from NCISA, apologies for the poor sound quality, had the wrong setting on my phone. Also a quick man of the match interview with Andrew Crofts after the Palace game, and a picture of Robin, Jim and Dan (in the Soccer AM pictures section).Some interesting points from Robin on the changing face of NCISA. We will be following the events from NCISA over the course of the season.

Point of order chaps having listened the interview with Robin Sainty,the Worthy Out Campaign was not started by NCISA nor was it run by NCISA.It was organised by individuals who had no connection with NCISA whatsoever.

However when things came to a head NCISA did facilitate the meeting which took place at St Andrews Hall but NCISA at no stage was the driving force behind the campaign.

My memory is flooding back to me now and these guys who organised the Worthy Out Campaign had their own website www.worthyout.co.uk.

Maybe someone can fill in the blanks for me as to who these guys were.

That''s not how I remember it but you did love Deals and Winnie back then Tilly[U]

NCISA call for Worthy to go [:O]

Norwich City''s biggest supporters'' group has urged the club to part company with manager Nigel Worthington.

The Norwich City Independent Supporters'' Association (NCISA) says Worthington''s time is up after a dramatic slump in fortunes which has seen the Canaries drop to 18th in the Championship table and hover dangerously close to the relegation zone.

The call comes on the eve of the manager''s fifth anniversary of taking over as caretaker manager from Bryan Hamilton.

During that time Worthington has taken City to the play-off finals and then, 18 months ago, to the First Division championship and the Premiership.

But it''s all gone horribly wrong this season, with fans chanting “We Want Worthy Out” during Saturday''s 2-0 defeat at Derby, which left City only four points clear of the danger zone.

It was a result that proved the final straw for many, including NCISA''s committee, which had already voted in favour of calling for a change of management back in October. The organisation held back on issuing a statement to that effect, but the Derby result forced their hand.

“Norwich City Independent Supporters'' Association urges the board of directors at Carrow Road to reconsider its position of retaining Nigel Worthington as Norwich City manager,” it said.

“The association feels that the ''togetherness'' built up over the past nine years between the club and its supporters could be replaced by a gulf if the situation is not addressed urgently.

“NCISA believes the board should act now or the consequences for the club could be dire.

“Nigel Worthington has served the club with distinction and the promotion season of 2003-04 in particular will be remembered for a long time. But many fans feel that he has taken our club as far as he can.”

It''s one of the hardest-hitting public statements from any of the club''s supporters'' groups, although the invective has been almost constant from various web sites and message boards for much of the current season.

The football club''s response came a few hours later from chief executive Neil Doncaster, who said: “We continue to care deeply about what Norwich City supporters think.”

The statement was issued through chairman Roy Blower, who said the deluge of phone calls over the weekend has forced him into action.

“It has been building up for some time,” he said. “We have been asked to make some sort of statement because so many fans think the situation is so dire.

“We don''t want to rock the boat at the football club, but the time has come. We can''t allow our football team to spiral out of control. There is a deep feeling here.”

However, Blower said he issued the statement with a degree of reluctance.

“It is not a campaign, I really want to stress that,” he said. “We have done this with great reluctance.”

Blower also said it was important that fans who voiced their disapproval at Derby on Saturday did not turn their attentions to the club''s majority shareholders, Delia Smith and her husband Michael Wynn Jones.

“That would be a sad day for the football club because we will always be indebted to them,” he added.

NCISA, with more than 500 members, is the biggest of the club''s supporters'' organisations and has representation on the Supporters Consultative Group which gives it close links to the club.

And Blower warned that the club should not dismiss the statement out of hand.

“If they don''t take notice they live with the peril that could bring - it is time to act.”

Thanks for that Nutty. I think that the the fact that an acknowledged Worthyphile like yourself is prepared to demonstrate that Ncisa was simply reacting to overwhelming fan feeling rather than being provocative for the sake of it shows an independent supporters group doing its job on behalf of its members.

That said, the interview is really about the future of Ncisa, so hopefully we can now concentrate on that.

Well not if you make incorrect statements about the past. It''s rather splitting hairs to say that nCIsA didn''t start the campaign to get Worthy out but yet campained for 12 months to get Worthy out. Worthyphile or not[:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well not if you make incorrect statements about the past. It''s rather splitting hairs to say that nCIsA didn''t start the campaign to get Worthy out but yet campained for 12 months to get Worthy out. Worthyphile or not[:|]

[/quote]

Sorry, I was working from the piece you quoted which certainly makes it clear that Ncisa didn''t start the campaign, but I certainly don''t intend to try to debate something which ocurred several years before I joined the committee. I ''ll leave to it and wish you well.[{][}]

You should read it more carefully then.

It was a result that proved the final straw for many, including NCISA''s committee, which had already voted in favour of calling for a change of management back in October. The organisation held back on issuing a statement to that effect, but the Derby result forced their hand.

The way to voice an opinion on here without wanting it debated would be to write a blog Beaus.

The way to voice an opinion on here without wanting it debated would be to write a blog Beaus.

Thanks for that Nutty, I should have read it more carefully. My apologies and hopefully we''ll meet up soon.[Y]

[/quote]

I still believe some of the stuff hurled at Worthy back then was more disgraceful than anything I''ve seen through the years and I guess I''m sensitive Beaus. I really rated the guy and he brought some great times to a generation who had seen nothing but struggle. Youngsters love Paul Lambert now for the same reason and lets hope it continues. But it''s not a patch on the success under Worthy and getting Hucks to the club.

It''s all in the past and I''ve got the free bet stats to do. Good luck with what you are trying to achieve my friend[Y]

[/quote]

As sure as night follows day i just knew that you would raise your head on this thread and stir it up like only you can do.

Your choice of selecting bits and pieces just to suit your view on things is magnificent.

Now then as you rightly say we voted back in the October as a committee on the matter but and forgive me for shouting at you WE DID NOT GO PUBLIC until the Derby game forced the issue.

Is that the actions of a group being pro active in leading the Worthy Out Campaign ?

Now be a good chap and turn your attention to those guys at www.worthyout.co.uk. They were the ones who started and organised the campaign from day one.

The only reason i posted on this thread was because the interviewers gave the impression that it was NCISA and NCISA alone who ran the show and that was just not correct.

Jeezzuss Nutty it is like giving a dog a bone to mention Worthington when you are on here.....get over him.

So are we now to believe that not only do posts by nCIsA committee members have nothing to do with nCIsA policy but also decisions by the nCIsA committee have nothing to do with nCIsA policy.

You couldn''t make it up Tilly old friend.

So are we now to believe that not only do posts by nCIsA committee members have nothing to do with nCIsA policy but also decisions by the nCIsA committee have nothing to do with nCIsA policy.

You couldn''t make it up Tilly old friend.

[/quote]

You are getting just as irritating and obscure as Bly.The decision was made but we did not go public with it so i suppose you could say that we were granting your mate a stay of execution but he chose to cock up the results for the second season running which as i said forced the issue.

You have conveniently forgotten the statement issued by the majority shareholders the month before in September after we got dicked 3-0 i think it was at Plymouth saying they expected an improvement in performances which Worthy failed to step up to the plate as a result of.It looks to me like they had an input into Worthy''s demise as well as naughty old NCISA.[:P]

Now just one more time for you as i realise you will want to get the fish fingers on......www.worthyout.co.uk,do you agree they started the campaign and not NCISA?

I will not expect a yes or no answer as something as straightforward as that might put your late night NCISA bash in jeopardy.

You''re splitting hairs Tilly. It''s hard to remember what came first. Your Committee decision which had nothing to do with policy was a whole year before Worthy was sacked. The Derby game was just 2 months later. When did the Worthyout site start? Was it before then? Were we still in the Prem?

Now I''ve answered your question I''ve got one for you. Regardless of who started it and bearing in mind what has happened since, was it all worth it?

You''re splitting hairs Tilly. It''s hard to remember what came first. Your Committee decision which had nothing to do with policy was a whole year before Worthy was sacked. The Derby game was just 2 months later. When did the Worthyout site start? Was it before then? Were we still in the Prem?

Now I''ve answered your question I''ve got one for you. Regardless of who started it and bearing in mind what has happened since, was it all worth it?

[/quote]

Ah i see now that you have put on your Master of Hindsight hat as we all know what happened until Lambert turned up in August last year and the answer is yes it was worth it (whatever you might mean by that) as he had spunked all the parachute payments away on such stars as Andy Hughes and Jason Jarrett to name but two.That season and a half of decline was on the back of a miserable season in the premiership where we failed to win an away game and took until November to come up with any sort of league win.We were in a downward spiral and he did not have a clue how to stop it.Before you say it the next three managers accelerated the slide but who could envisage that?

Now can we move on please and enjoy sitting 4th and scummy Leeds losing tonight.Thankyou and goodnight.Enjoy your fish fingers.[;)]

I don''t need any Master of Hindsight hat because I never changed my view. You are the one wearing it by saying nobody could have envisaged three managers accelerating the slide. Well that would be true for those who said "anybody would be better than Worthy" but certainly not true for those who watch and take note what goes on at other clubs.

Of course you could have put that hat on the other way around and said "well maybe Worthy wasn''t so bad after all.......

[;)]

I don''t need any Master of Hindsight hat because I never changed my view. You are the one wearing it by saying nobody could have envisaged three managers accelerating the slide. Well that would be true for those who said "anybody would be better than Worthy" but certainly not true for those who watch and take note what goes on at other clubs.

Of course you could have put that hat on the other way around and said "well maybe Worthy wasn''t so bad after all.......

[;)]

[/quote]

So a crap Premiership season ending with a hiding at Fulham followed by a season and a half of decline whilst spending all the parachute payments and i should look back and think well maybe it was not that bad after all.......whatever you say if that will put an end to you having the last word.

So your old mate Peter Grant was so much better was he Tilly? The manager who did more damage to our football club in one year than all the rest put together. Out went all the players with any ability and in came a bunch of losers and no marks. This was the real reason we embarked on that crazy loan policy. Only Hucks, and Worthy''s last and much maligned signing Dublin, kept us up for the next two seasons. But when they finished we had nothing left.

But still, Worthy did sign Hughes and Jarrett, so you just cling on to that comfort blanket[:|]

By Jove these inner circle types are polite when disagreeing with each other.

No wonder they gravitate to fish fingers with lemon pop.

Real men and women prefer saltfish fritters - washed down with Red Stripe.

[;)]

OTBC

Yeah but you''d expect nCIsA to get the saltfish fritters out for you if they were burning.....

It''s called debate Babes. Nobody falls out. If you don''t like debate then write a blog or else post riddles that nobody understands.

Looks like I''ve stirred up a hornets nest with the worthy out comment on the interview, but in hindsight this is exactly the sort of issue that needs clarifying as obviously I wasn''t the only one who thought that NCISA started the worthy out campaign, and it''s this sort of confusion that needs clearing up if NCISA are to achieve their goal of increasing the membership and improving the image.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]When did the Worthyout site start?[/quote]According to www.archive.org, the first record of the site was on April 08, 2006.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots Matt"]Looks like I''ve stirred up a hornets nest with the worthy out comment on the interview, but in hindsight this is exactly the sort of issue that needs clarifying as obviously I wasn''t the only one who thought that NCISA started the worthy out campaign, and it''s this sort of confusion that needs clearing up if NCISA are to achieve their goal of increasing the membership and improving the image.[/quote]The campaign was run by a Mark Thornydyke, who I think does graphic design as a day job - he did the muppet thing aswell, there will be an archive on this site somewhere of that.  A number of NCISA members at the time such as old two dots were quite vocal and helped to arrange things, but it was not an NCISA production.Can we talk about the Cardiff game now ?

[quote user="til 1010"]So a crap Premiership season ending with a hiding at Fulham followed

by a season and a half of decline whilst spending all the parachute

payments
and i should look back and think well maybe it was not that bad

after all...[/quote]Was that the summer we signed only Lee Croft for 700,000 pounds ?  I know wages aren''t included in that figure, but come on.... 

So your old mate Peter Grant was so much better was he Tilly? The manager who did more damage to our football club in one year than all the rest put together. Out went all the players with any ability and in came a bunch of losers and no marks. This was the real reason we embarked on that crazy loan policy. Only Hucks, and Worthy''s last and much maligned signing Dublin, kept us up for the next two seasons. But when they finished we had nothing left.

But still, Worthy did sign Hughes and Jarrett, so you just cling on to that comfort blanket[:|]

[/quote]

Now just tell me where i said Grant was so much better than Worthy?At least he had the decency to fall on his sword when he realised he was out of his depth unlike Worthy who stumbled on supported by hugs and kisses from Delia.Bla has also reminded of that value for money 700K Manchester City reserve Worthy signed.I did not list all the "losers and no marks" that Worthy signed to save you embarrassment but you may just provoke me to list them all as you are suffering yet again from selective memory.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Bla has also reminded of that value for money 700K Manchester City reserve Worthy signed.I did not list all the "losers and no marks" that Worthy signed to save you embarrassment but you may just provoke me to list them all as you are suffering yet again from selective memory.[/quote]The point that you so studiously avoided being that Croft was the ONLY signing of the summer, in a season that we were supposed to have the benefit of parachute payments that Worthy apparently wasted. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Bla has also reminded of that value for money 700K Manchester City reserve Worthy signed.I did not list all the "losers and no marks" that Worthy signed to save you embarrassment but you may just provoke me to list them all as you are suffering yet again from selective memory.[/quote]

The point that you so studiously avoided being that Croft was the ONLY signing of the summer, in a season that we were supposed to have the benefit of parachute payments that Worthy apparently wasted. 
[/quote]

Worthy had a habit of buying just days before a season started but then signing once the season got under way certain players who we then never saw for weeks as they were playing catch up with fitness and training.