Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

Norwich City Fantasy Football

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in taking part in ''Norwich City Fantasy Football'', its something me and a few mates are looking into setting up.

Basically, you pick a squad of 15, containing City players past and present from each of the 4 leagues. You are restricted to having 5 players per league. For example, your team could be:

GK: Robert Green (West Ham, Premiership)

LB: Adam Drury (Norwich, Championship)

CB: Jason Shackell (Barnsley, Championship)

CB: Gary Doherty (Charlton, League 1)

RB: George Francomb (Barnet, League 2)

LM: Ian Henderson (Colchester, League 1)

CM: Dickson Etuhu (Fulham, Premiership)

CM: Andrew Crofts (Norwich, Championship)

RM: Scott Parker (West Ham, Premiership)

ST: Cody McDonald (Gillingham, League 2)

ST: Craig Bellamy (Cardiff, Championship)

4 Subs: GK: John Ruddy (Norwich, Championship), Tom Adeyemi (Bradford, League 2), Lee Croft (Huddersfield, League 1), Michael Rose (Swindon, League 1)

That team is pretty rough, but it gives you a basic idea. If you''re interested let me know, we''re keen to see whether or not the idea would be worth a go.

Cheers

SP

Sounds like an interesting idea. Would be worth a go if enough people are interested. Count me in!

Sounds good.  But you should clarify whether you can have players who were with us on loan, or "permanent" signings only.Because I really want Chris Killen in my team :-/

I think Norwich City or the local media ran this idea many years ago during the mid 90s. It was called Wandering Stars so its a format which has been successful before.

[quote user="Jacko"]I think Norwich City or the local media ran this idea many years ago during the mid 90s. It was called Wandering Stars so its a format which has been successful before.[/quote]Wasn''t it in the matchday programme? Or wasn''t something similar in there?

[quote user="claud"][quote user="Jacko"]I think Norwich City or the local media ran this idea many years ago during the mid 90s. It was called Wandering Stars so its a format which has been successful before.[/quote]

Wasn''t it in the matchday programme? Or wasn''t something similar in there?
[/quote]

Yeah it was come to think of it. They gave each player a valuation and you had an overall transfer budget. So it was your choice to select the balance between the current Norwich first team and others playing elsewhere. I am not sure how many people entered but it was quite a decent concept when you had the likes of Sutton, Dublin, Ward, Robins and Cureton who were scoring for fun at various levels or in Scotland during that time.

Aren''t a lot of the teams going to be very very similar? Everyone will have McDonald and Francomb in League Two, Wiggins, Spillane and Doherty in League One, Etuhu, Marney, Bentley, Parker and Gilks in Prem and a mix of Championship.

Or am I missing the point?