Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Millwall away

The thing that puts me off apart from a cold night, is the fact the the police held us back for what seemed like an hour after the game last season. I don''t fancy waiting for an hour at that time of night so I''m probably going to give it a miss.

I don''t recall having been held in there before, and I''m sure I''ve been to every game at the New Den since the opening day of the play-off season in August 2001. The last time we played Millwall away there were 3000 City fans in attendance and with everyone coming out at the same time and a large percentage going to South Bermondsey station it was sensible to hold fans back.

Were we held back an hour last time? I wouldn''t have said it was that long and I''d guess there may well be quite a few less away fans than last time, I''d be suprised if this happens again.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

I don''t recall having been held in there before, and I''m sure I''ve been to every game at the New Den since the opening day of the play-off season in August 2001. The last time we played Millwall away there were 3000 City fans in attendance and with everyone coming out at the same time and a large percentage going to South Bermondsey station it was sensible to hold fans back.

Were we held back an hour last time? I wouldn''t have said it was that long and I''d guess there may well be quite a few less away fans than last time, I''d be suprised if this happens again.

[/quote]

It seemed like ages to me although not a full hour but that is the first time I have suffered that, and I vowed then that I would avoid this away game for that reason.  The time of the year plus an evening game can make this an enormous inconvenience for travelling fans. Surely it would be more sensible to let away fans leave first as they have further to travel.

I was there last season and it only seemed like we were held back for about 15 minutes before being let through the walkway to the station which seemed to take alot longer only down to the number of people. But my friend whose a Charlton fan was at The Den for their game last season and apparently those fans were held back for upto an hour and a half after the game which is an off putting factor for a Tuesday night in November but I''ll be making the trip nonetheless.

[quote user="john_starks"]anyone know how many tickets we''ve sold for this?[/quote]The Millwall away end has an upper and a lower tier with approx 2,000 seats in each tier = total 4,000 seats.Millwall always sell tickets to the upper tier only to begin with, but if we sell out the upper tier then we may be able to have the lower tier as well (like last season).With it being Millwall and a Tues night I can''t see us selling out 4,000. However, I think its likely we''ll sell 2,000 upper, so with no guarantee of getting the lower tier if you want to go to Millwall I would buy your ticket soon just to make sure.

I think a lot depended upon where you were in the queue for South Bermondsey station. The police let us move at about 5:30, so we were back at London Bridge before 6pm but I can appreciate those nearer the back would wait longer. Unfortunately, it''s a small sattion and I can understand the need for restricting numbers on the platform. Equally, Norwich fans needing to catch trains back to Norfolk have a limited time in which to do so.