Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

We may need to innovate & find some cash, quick.

If things continue along the same path then within a few weeks the club will need to innovate to find Lambert a decent amount of transfer market cash come January in order to fuel a special push to get us over the line come May.

Opportunities for promotion to the top tier have been very scarce since the South/Watling/Chase era - and should not be spurned.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Bowker and McNally must live up to their billing.

It was done for Worthington, it must be done for Lambert. Ambitious men must be given the tools they need to the best of the clubs abilities.

Please no defeatest talk of consolidation this year or Lambert will be off on his bike as Bob''s yer uncle. And in the context of the modern football management madhouse he''d probably be quite right in my view.

Another  share issue? Why not.

Forget the recession, we''re still getting 25,000+ capacity crowds. Plus the Canary diaspora. Better us than some weathy foreigner.

Special sponsorships from wealthy supporters? Why not.

The biggest challenge, however, will be to find another Hucks, Svenson and McKenzie.

Not impossible.

Let''s back Lambert and his staff with some of our own cash.

What say you?

After all  its just a question of doing our best for the only club that we have or want.

OTBC

Lets get Barnett ASAP.  Another striker, preferably big and strong.  Maybe another defender?  I don''t think that much needs to be done for us to have a side capable of pushing on late in the season, a few players in certain roles should do the trick.

Would those diaspora be putting up as well as the rest of us?

I have no problem with another share issue but if we reached the promised land,what then? 

Barnett''s permanent signing must be sorted, i''d also like to see us add some firepower in Jan, IMO Oli Johnson''s level is League 1, we then have three good Championship strikers, one potentially great in Jackson. You need 4 to get outta this league, so as much as I like Oli someone should come in and give us a more potent attacking option because there''s really nobody to threaten the main 3 strikers place in the side and keep ''em on there toes.

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]

Would those diaspora be putting up as well as the rest of us?

I have no problem with another share issue but if we reached the promised land,what then? 

[/quote]

Parachute payments at the least ... and they are not to be sniffed at nowadays.

If the best possible scenario were to be achieved this season and the worst next, then at least we would gain some financial respite.

(Plus visits to Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge etc.)

Quite frankly, if the likes of Blackpool, Wigan, Fulham and a few others can survive, then why not NCFC?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

The biggest challenge, however, will be to find another Hucks, Svenson and McKenzie.

Not impossible.

[/quote]A good post BBB. We may have a good team but there is no depth in the bench. The question is not on how to raise few millions but are they going to be prepared to drop the "Prudence with Ambition Policies".

I still keep hoping that the long search for investment or new ownership is going to come to fruition before the end of the year but it is beginning to look less likely as time passes, the last we were told was that the club had narrowed it down to several interested parties but since then only Stephen Fry who isn''t wealthy enough to make a difference has joined the board. We all know it''s not easy to find someone who has the right intentions and are prepared to put serious money into a football club but a few have managed over the period we have been searching so it''s certainly possible.My worry is that Lambert will feel he has taken us as far as he can without money and will jump ship as soon as the right opportunity arises if something isn''t sorted soon, it''s happened to us before with Mike Walker and now we finally have a manager who knows what he''s doing we really don''t want to risk it happening again. My view is that enough time has passed for something to have been sorted and it would be nice to at least be kept in the picture as to what the current situation is regarding either investment or new ownership, what has happened to the "several interested parties" that we were talking to at the start of the year?  Maybe something that could be asked at the fans forum on Tuesday.

[quote user="SI"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Not impossible.

[/quote]

A good post BBB. We may have a good team but there is no depth in the bench.

The question is not on how to raise few millions but are they going to be prepared to drop the "Prudence with Ambition Policies".

[/quote]

A good post? Really? Why?

We need more cash - been said a thousand times before.

Where can we get it from? - Suggestions that have been said a thousand times before.

We are fourth in the division. We have players that will return from injury before January.

Not a good post, just the same old stuff rehashed in his style.

If ever a serious investor/investors were interested - but also wanted total ownership as a part of their investment.....I just think that would be a major stumbling block with our two majority-shareholders.

I think that the appointment of Stephen Fry onto the NCFC board,  is ''quite nice''.

Although, in my opinion - and even with Stephen''s talent, networking and twittering, new board member Stephen Fry is very unlikely to court or bring in a rich investor (or investors) with considerable and serious finance - who would be quite prepared and content with just having a seat on the board, with an occasional vote, limited decision making and input - and a lovely lunch before the game...

I really don''t think that Delia and Micky Wynn, would wish to relinquish their tight reins of ownership - or are prepared to move aside - or step down....any time soon.....

Financially - and for the moment....It does unfortunately look like we are going with what we''ve got....

In October 2009 Alan Bowkett said the following:

"If we are to make a sustained bid for a position in the Premiership we clearly will need an injection of new funds. This may mean new ownership - something I know the current owners are fully aligned to."

It seems Bowkett for one believes Smith and Jones are willing to sell up.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]In October 2009 Alan Bowkett said the following: "If we are to make a sustained bid for a position in the Premiership we clearly will need an injection of new funds. This may mean new ownership - something I know the current owners are fully aligned to." It seems Bowkett for one believes Smith and Jones are willing to sell up.[/quote]

Yes....and I''ll believe it when I see it.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]In October 2009 Alan Bowkett said the following:

"If we are to make a sustained bid for a position in the Premiership we clearly will need an injection of new funds. This may mean new ownership - something I know the current owners are fully aligned to."

It seems Bowkett for one believes Smith and Jones are willing to sell up.[/quote]New ownership my arse.......It''s the cook''s train set and all she wants is a few shillings in the meter to run it..... and why she needs someone who ''who bleeds green and yellow'' to do so I really don''t know. It''s a complete farce.

You make reasonable points however you must bear in mind

Our fan base are not pepared to pay even top prices to get the get the club moving as recent debates have shown. we might have 25000 but clubs getting less acheive bigger income.

Whenever our go for it comes ( and it has to be in the next 3 years or never ) failure will mean instant administration at the end of that season

Due to the rule changes on wages T/O that come into effect in 3 seasons time all an investor can do is pay off our debts as part of the purchase they cannot accomoddate wages or trasfer fees that exceed 75% of our T/O so investors monies will not be the same unless you are Man Utd / Chelsea / Man City ect with multi world wide turnover. 

The main point is if w do go for it we all have to accept failure means almost certain administration or at best the sale of the ground    

Given that MY and cluckbrain are so adverse to the current owners and there is no one else rich enough or willing enough to take the club over locally I can only assume that they do not have the wit to have thought this one through or they want someone like Marcus Evans or a foreign owners to take the club over.

I''m interested as to what Lambert is King has to say. I''m not exactly clear what the new rules will mean but I thought they just applied to UEFA competion but then the premiership would also likely want to apply the new rules generally to keep an even playing field. I would also like to see the rules applied to the league not just league 2 as  now to stop clubs effectively cheating by spending other people''s money that they can''t afford. I thought this would actually be advantageous to NCFC because the likes of Wigan and Fulham would no longer have an advantage of being subisidised more than NCFC currently are by their wealthier owners. The parachute payment problem will still remain because normally unless they make a complete mess of their finances like Portsmouth and Hull you would expect the parachute clubs to yoyo as they have such a big financial advantage. Given the rest of the clubs in the championship are much of a muchness than Norwich would just be one of many clubs vying for promotion but at least there would be a more even playing field if they could get promoted. One good thing is that the fans could no longer go on about the owners but they would have to look to themselves when it come to finance available rather than blame someone else all the time. I agree one problem for Norwich is that the is not the financial wealth in the region in the fan base to compete with some other clubs based on the aversion to pricing we have seen. I also agree that anyone who keeps going on about the board backing the the team and complaining about prudence must really not be bright enough to have learnt anything from the economic crises or the number of football clubs in financial difficulty.

[quote user="T"]

Given that MY and cluckbrain are so adverse to the current owners and there is no one else rich enough or willing enough to take the club over locally I can only assume that they do not have the wit to have thought this one through or they want someone like Marcus Evans or a foreign owners to take the club over.

I''m interested as to what Lambert is King has to say. I''m not exactly clear what the new rules will mean but I thought they just applied to UEFA competion but then the premiership would also likely want to apply the new rules generally to keep an even playing field. I would also like to see the rules applied to the league not just league 2 as  now to stop clubs effectively cheating by spending other people''s money that they can''t afford. I thought this would actually be advantageous to NCFC because the likes of Wigan and Fulham would no longer have an advantage of being subisidised more than NCFC currently are by their wealthier owners. The parachute payment problem will still remain because normally unless they make a complete mess of their finances like Portsmouth and Hull you would expect the parachute clubs to yoyo as they have such a big financial advantage. Given the rest of the clubs in the championship are much of a muchness than Norwich would just be one of many clubs vying for promotion but at least there would be a more even playing field if they could get promoted. One good thing is that the fans could no longer go on about the owners but they would have to look to themselves when it come to finance available rather than blame someone else all the time. I agree one problem for Norwich is that the is not the financial wealth in the region in the fan base to compete with some other clubs based on the aversion to pricing we have seen. I also agree that anyone who keeps going on about the board backing the the team and complaining about prudence must really not be bright enough to have learnt anything from the economic crises or the number of football clubs in financial difficulty.

[/quote]

[quote user="T"]

[/quote]That''s me told then..... by a total tw@t.Calligraphic diarrhoea.

Sadly, you''re spot on Sir Cluck, Delia''s a nice enough old gal, well meaning and all that but imo, she''s held our club back for years. A lot of her devoted pals will hear no evil about her, thats why she survives.

My nightmare scenario is, God forbid, Lambert ups and leaves through lack of ambitition and she''s just potty enough to reinstate Bryan Gunn!

Still, thats just a silly nightmare..........isn''t it?[:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Sadly, you''re spot on Sir Cluck, Delia''s a nice enough old gal, well meaning and all that but imo, she''s held our club back for years. A lot of her devoted pals will hear no evil about her, thats why she survives.

My nightmare scenario is, God forbid, Lambert ups and leaves through lack of ambitition and she''s just potty enough to reinstate Bryan Gunn!

[/quote]Yep.... and I don''t think it''s over by a mile. If Paul Lambert left the club right now it would fall to pieces in no time at all.  The old cook probably can''t believe her luck that she''s been dug out of a hole in this way..... whereas left to me I would have filled it in and covered it with concrete!And may I say how nice it is to see you back posting Wiz.  [Y][:)]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Yep.... and I don''t think it''s over by a mile. If Paul Lambert left the club right now it would fall to pieces in no time at all.  The old cook probably can''t believe her luck that she''s been dug out of a hole in this way..... whereas left to me I would have filled it in and covered it with concrete!

And may I say how nice it is to see you back posting Wiz.  [Y][:)]

[/quote]

Ta good sir.[Y]

[/quote]

Actually, Gunny and his wife were both in the Director''s box yesterday.....

They were sat next to Delia''s mum on the front row.....

Nice to see them back at Carra.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jeez, what kind of message does that send to McNally and Lambert?

You really couldn''t make this kind of thing up could you?[:S]

Yep it really is unbelievable how bitter, sad, twisted and ignorant some individuals are and to see the true depths of some peoples personality and intellect.

[quote user="T"]Yep it really is unbelievable how bitter, sad, twisted and ignorant some individuals are and to see the true depths of some peoples personality and intellect.[/quote]

You weren''t also sat in the front row of the Director''s Box were you....?

...Next to Auntie?

[quote user="T"]Yep it really is unbelievable how bitter, sad, twisted and ignorant some individuals are and to see the true depths of some peoples personality and intellect.[/quote]And T stands for ........ TOSSER.........You can''t just walk into a club you had no history with before, bung some money at it (allegedly).... make it a national laughing stock.... use it for all it''s worth to prolong your waning career.... take it to a 50 year low..... bring in la de da celebrity chums to congratulate you on mediocrity.... alienate the grassroot support with a season ticket scam..... play ''dress the dolly'' with yellow shorts..... hire a continuous bunch of total losers as managers.........Need I go on?  NCFC was a proud community club before she arrived......and it will be again when she''s gone.

ok, answer the original question then, no one has the money or inclination locally so who do you want to take over

[quote user="T"]ok, answer the original question then, no one has the money or inclination locally so who do you want to take over[/quote]

Well, first I would really like to know who those ''interested parties'' were/are......and why, those ''interested parties'' aren''t interested now?

Were the ''interested parties'' actually local or foreign - and did they all really have the money or the inclination?

Were the ''interested parties'' unhappy with the terms and conditions demanded by the board......or, vice verse? 

Were there really any ''interested parties'' actually really interested.....in the first place?

Without knowing who was/is interested.....how can anyone answer your question?

Mmmh....Bill Gates? I''d like him here.....an internet cafe instead of Yellows for starters - and free Wi fi in the lounges....

[/quote]I wouldn''t put it past them.  On previous form re: her hiring and firing, we might end up with Gary Megson again, or even Bryan Laws after Burnley sack him next month.  Delia''s problem is that she only cares about her own legacy and her hangers-on, and doesn''t give any thought to the bigger picture of footballing success.In fact, after Northern Ireland could only draw with the Faroes, Worthy''s time might be running out - and time''s a great healer...

Worthy is being touted as the next Middlesbrough manager......and was he in the stadium of Carra yesterday?....Who knows.....?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Why shouldn''t Gunny be in the Directors Box? OK so he didn''t cut it as Manager but he was and always be a Norwich City Legend.

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why shouldn''t Gunny be in the Directors Box? OK so he didn''t cut it as Manager but he was and always be a Norwich City Legend.
[/quote]

How many of our legends would fit in the Director''s box.

How many do you think have ever been invited to sit in the Director''s box?

And as far as we know Gunn doesn''t work for the club these days.

People of  influence should be the guests in that box. It''s a business in financial trouble these days not a tea party.

OTBC