Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Archant in trouble with NCFC.

[quote user="PL"]http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2198771,00.html[/quote]

Dear me, I didn''t think relations between Carrow Road and the boys up the road at Archant Towers could get any worse. But apparently they could...[;)]

That article in the EEN tonight was written by Michael Bailey who Lambert was jking with last night at the forum.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Things seem to have gone downhill since web-team-pete got moved to the sports desk......

[;)]

[/quote]Nowt to do with me - I''ve got my head buried in match reports and league tables that need rebuilding on the ''new'' site.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="lappinitup"]

Things seem to have gone downhill since web-team-pete got moved to the sports desk......

[;)]

[/quote]

Nowt to do with me - I''ve got my head buried in match reports and league tables that need rebuilding on the ''new'' site.
[/quote]

Now don''t leave poor old mbncfc out on his own to be the sacrificial lamb Pete.... He''s a PUP don''t you know[&]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[;)]

[/quote]Nowt to do with me - I''ve got my head buried in match reports and league tables that need rebuilding on the ''new'' site.[/quote]

Now don''t leave poor old mbncfc out on his own to be the sacrificial lamb Pete.... He''s a PUP don''t you know[&]

[/quote]Bish is big enough, and ugly enough (the man wears a thumb ring), to defend himself and I imagine he will if need be....

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[;)]

[/quote]Nowt to do with me - I''ve got my head buried in match reports and league tables that need rebuilding on the ''new'' site.[/quote]

[/quote]Bish is big enough, and ugly enough (the man wears a thumb ring), to defend himself and I imagine he will if need be....[/quote]Says a great deal about a man does that...........

seems unusual to me that the club has come out on there website and denied these rumours, they don''t normally do that do they?

they will need to recruit an army to deny all the rumours once the transfer window arrives!

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[;)]

[/quote]

Nowt to do with me - I''ve got my head buried in match reports and league tables that need rebuilding on the ''new'' site.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Bish is big enough, and ugly enough (the man wears a thumb ring), to defend himself and I imagine he will if need be....
[/quote]

I would think that the NCFC media would prefer that the thumb ring - was around his neck.....

How could a reference in one of the last paragraphs of the article be construed as unsettling Wes?

I''m sure that Wes is already considering his options for next season. He''s 28/29 (I think) & got one decent contract left before he''ll be on the way downhill.

The best way he is going to make some serious dosh by getting promoted with a Championship Team which will mean a monster pay rise. Maybe Norwich might be the best option, maybe not. Will it be with Lambert at the helm? Who knows?

I''m pleased the Evening News have run the story even if it''s a planted thinly veiled "Come one come and get me.......... please" from a talented lower league player.

And I''m pleased that Michael Bailey hasn''t bothered asking NCFC. If he''s been fed a bunch of BS before on a previous story which may or may not have been the case maybe he’s now in the “Publish and be damned" corner.

If there’s a noise coming from Carrow Road as a result of the publication of this story, somethings going on at NCFC or it’s the chains of the drawbridge being pulled up.

It does seem strange the club issuing a strongly worded statement about a transfer rumour when hundreds of transfer rumours in the past have been ignored. Even more so with Stephan Phillips having a foot in both camps. He must have been aware it was going to print so why didn''t he run it past McNally first? When he was appointed people were concerned there might be a conflict of interests and it does seem it may be the case here.

My understanding is that Stephan Phillips does not have ANY editorial control of stories of this nature.

Happy to be corrected by anyone from Archant if this not the case.