Forum feedback required please

We’ve been working hard on improving

the pinkun forum layout in light of some of the comments made on the forums

since the changeover yesterday.

We have a test url here for you all to

have a good look at and give us your thoughts on the

changes.

You can look at and post messages

on this version of the site, as it is sharing the same content as we have on the

live site. Pay no heed to speed or performance as it''s on a test site.

Let us know what you think....

I think we could get used to it in time. But I don''t think my computer will. It doesn''t like it and it doesn''t run smoothly on it. I have the same problem with some other sites. Is anybody else experiencing this?

The test site and colours are so much better and a huge improvement on the greyun but can we get the reply/quote button to the right hand side where it was before and the page width needs sorting ( but I know you''re working on that)

Thanks for consulting us as to what we want, thats much appreciated Pete.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think we could get used to it in time. But I don''t think my computer will. It doesn''t like it and it doesn''t run smoothly on it. I have the same problem with some other sites. Is anybody else experiencing this?

[/quote]

Its ok on my pc Nutty and I use IE.( did have problems yesterday though )

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Agree 100% nutty.  I can get used to the layout, but the old site was a smooth ride while this is like an old banger. 

Borders...

When viewing "have your say" there are borders around each section but these do not extend into the threads and posts columns. This looks very odd.

When viewing "Main Discussion - Norwich City" there are no bordes at all, tis makes the whole experience of the forum very disjointed and looks cheap and nasty.

Also...

There is far too much "White/Pink Space" when viewing the posts, this means far too much scrolling that could be avoided. The two shades of pink and one area of gray when viewing posts is also very cheap looking and not at all easy on the eye.

This looks fine and we''ll all get used to it very quickly.Can''t see any issues which would bother me anyway although any ''change'' for some is like suffering a seizure.

A couple of things:

The pink on the banner at the top of posts: can we tone it down a shade or two?

The quote boxes need to be more defined. Lines needed or perhaps there needs to be a larger difference in the tone of the pink background of the posts and the pale grey of the quote boxes. If you do both then it''ll make things a lot easier on the eyes.

The details of the posters, can they be moved to the top again? Hopefully it''ll reduce the dead space at the bottom of posts and it also lets us know who posted it before reading it.

As other have suggested moving the reply and quote button to the bottom of the post is much easier to use, especially on long posts and it would reduce the horrible dead space look at the top of them and fill up some of the dead space at the bottom of posts.

One last thing, I often have this website open on one half of my screen and a video feed open on another whilst watching games. One of the advantages of the old forum was it''s size used to adjust to the size of your browser. Is it possible to have that again?

Davo

Please just put it all back to how it was. It wasn''t broken; don''t try to fix it ! The name of the poster should be top left, as it was, so you can see who wrote the comment before you have read it. The width should be restored so you can read across the whole page without having to scroll back and forth. And the "reply button" needs restoring to where it was.

Please !

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Works fine for me, looks a bit weird but then so do I.[/quote]

Yes, I''ve always seen you as odd looking in my minds eye.It''s strange how people perceive others and what they may look like over the internet.

much prefer the test one, this is all far too grey and dull. With the pink and more distinctive borders it all looks much better and easier to look at

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Works fine for me, looks a bit weird but then so do I.[/quote]

Yes, I''ve always seen you as odd looking in my minds eye.It''s strange how people perceive others and what they may look like over the internet. [/quote][img]http://thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/fail-ugly-man-in-bra.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Works fine for me, looks a bit weird but then so do I.[/quote]

Yes, I''ve always seen you as odd looking in my minds eye.It''s strange how people perceive others and what they may look like over the internet. [/quote][img]http://thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/fail-ugly-man-in-bra.jpg[/img][/quote]"Don''t forget the suitcase Mr Bond!!!!"Always wondered what that little chap did after his film career finished Smile [:)]

The name of the poster is below the post and to the left? Bit annoying. Also the width of the page is really narrow.

My computer also works really slow on it....:/

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Works fine for me, looks a bit weird but then so do I.[/quote]

Yes, I''ve always seen you as odd looking in my minds eye.It''s strange how people perceive others and what they may look like over the internet. [/quote][img]http://thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/fail-ugly-man-in-bra.jpg[/img][/quote]He''s a pass for me..........Nice.

Loving the test link Pete, all the pink makes it feel much more homely again!

Seems to run a lot smoother too!

[:P] Apologies for the double post, but nice to see the smileys etc. all back as well!

Now, just that pesky edit feature...

Seems OK to me Pete. If anything the black lines make it a little easier to read and I''ll get used to the other layout changes. I''m using IE Explorer and have not yet tried Chrome. It also worked well on Safari via my i-phone. I agree with AJ, an edit buton is needed.