Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Ticketing Policy

Is the argument now won by McNally ( and Gough ) ?. In reallity I think the objectors have just been shot in the foot.

The game against Burnley will be a top six game. It is likely that at the end of the season to one club or the other this result could be vital. Prices are reduced to a grade B, it is on a Saturday, not on tv and most people should be back from their holidays. Based on that you would expect a huge gate but no we have hardly sold a casual ticket. We then have a game against lowly Leeds whom we are constantly reminded on this board are really a small club going nowhere. We have made this game an A + with all the add ons ie booking fees £2 addition to get a season ticket holder to buy your ticket ect I make that for the cheapest seats around £34 a seat. Yet for what is a meaningless game in comparrison we have almost sold out, in fact the only seats left are those cheap £34 seats in the family area. McNally and Gough have done an amazing job allowing the fans to build the game up and then cashing in, the biggest record set for this game at Carrow Road will be the gate receipts.

We are one of the few clubs showing increases on our gates ( in our clubs instance huge increases ). The fans I really feel sorry for are the ones who came against the likes of Watford and Barnsley who will not be able to get tickets for the games against Leeds and Ipswich. Clearly if we would have reduced prices for previous games IMO the Burnley game shows that not many more fans would have turned up losing the club tens of thousands in income. 

Come on all you people who can happily pay £34 a seat, come and watch the lesser games at cheaper prices which in most cases will be far bigger games in footballing terms than lowly Leeds and Ipswich or are we destined to only see this group of supporters again towards the end of the season if we still have something to play for.

You are correct in all you say but whatever happens I won''t ever accept that casual 16-21 year olds having to pay full adult prices is right. Another factor missed is that away fan turnouts haven''t been that great this season which to me indicated that away fans won''t pay the expensive Carrow Road prices. Look on Watford fan forums for evidence of how p issed of many of their supporters were at the high prices. Although crowds are up this season, I''d say its a fair bet that these 2 factors have cost the club even bigger turnouts. 

Yes Mcnally can say he was right but in the being ethical in the real world wouldn''t include charging 16-21 year olds full prices.

What should happen next season -

Casual members 16-21 pay reduce prices. Non member 16-21 year olds have to pay full adult prices.

The old age reduction start off age to be increased from 60-65. Most people this age will still be in full time employment and won''t be hurt at having to pay full prices for another 5 years!