Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Ryan Harley on his way here?

"That''s a big slight on me, saying I made up a story. Probably defamatory."

"so I''m not directing that at you City Angel. Apologies if it comes across as such."

It''s not a case of her "mistaking" you for directing it as her, it was directed at her - accused her of breaking the law and did so in a threatening manner... you should man up and apologise directly, just as you accused her directly, rather than pretending it might be her mistake and apologise by proxy... way to go about connecting with your customers... it''s okay to admit your mistakes, you know.

This comment is not directed at you in anyway, and it''d be your mistake to think that, too, BTW... ha! See how that works?

[quote user="First Jedi"]"That''s a big slight on me, saying I made up a story. Probably defamatory." "so I''m not directing that at you City Angel. Apologies if it comes across as such." It''s not a case of her "mistaking" you for directing it as her, it was directed at her - accused her of breaking the law and did so in a threatening manner... you should man up and apologise directly, just as you accused her directly, rather than pretending it might be her mistake and apologise by proxy... way to go about connecting with your customers... it''s okay to admit your mistakes, you know. This comment is not directed at you in anyway, and it''d be your mistake to think that, too, BTW... ha! See how that works?[/quote]

I completely agree with this. If Archant are trying to avoid the club alienating them from their readers then comments like Michael''s above only help the club succeed.

Also, the club don''t say you made it up, just that it''s not true. So even if you haven''t made it up, Michael, that''s not to say that someone else hasn''t. Unless of course the club told you that it''s true? Oh wait, no they probably didn''t, did they?

[quote user="First Jedi"]"That''s a big slight on me, saying I made up a story. Probably defamatory." "so I''m not directing that at you City Angel. Apologies if it comes across as such." It''s not a case of her "mistaking" you for directing it as her, it was directed at her - accused her of breaking the law and did so in a threatening manner... you should man up and apologise directly, just as you accused her directly, rather than pretending it might be her mistake and apologise by proxy... way to go about connecting with your customers... it''s okay to admit your mistakes, you know. This comment is not directed at you in anyway, and it''d be your mistake to think that, too, BTW... ha! See how that works?[/quote]

He has apologised so lets move on [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I don''t think he did actually and that was First Jedi''s point. But, yes, let''s move on,

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

I don''t think he did actually and that was First Jedi''s point. But, yes, let''s move on,

[/quote]

In all honesty, I think you are try to muck stir! CA was the person, if anyone, who should/could have been offended and she has said he apologised and so move on. How do you know a PM hasn''t been sent? Regardless of that, if CA is satisfied so should you be!

This spat could serve as a definition of a storm in a teacup. Move on, indeed. However, purely for future reference, repeating a defamatory statement doesn''t stop it being defamatory. You are still publishing a defamatory statement. It doesn''t matter that you''re attributing it to someone else.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In all honesty, I think you are try to muck stir! CA was the person, if anyone, who should/could have been offended and she has said he apologised and so move on. How do you know a PM hasn''t been sent? Regardless of that, if CA is satisfied so should you be!

[/quote]

OK classic case of posting in anger/jumping the gun, ever so slightly over looked the lets move on part of your post [:$] so apologies for that. (Yes that''s an apology)

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="Canary Man of Kent"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK classic case of posting in anger/jumping the gun, ever so slightly over looked the lets move on part of your post [:$] so apologies for that. (Yes that''s an apology)

[/quote]

No worries, if CA''s happy I''m happy and I understand MB''s frustrations given the clubs heavy handed response, but didn''t think his comment was great for City fan / Archant relations!

Purple - You are of course correct, however I think the words used by CA were hers alone and not reptition of what the club said so in this case not directly applicable, what MB said was correct I''m sure, but just a bit disappointing that he felt the need to go down that route.

I''ve just seen what has been added to this thread since I posted.There are a few good points, in both why you guys would understand my annoyance at the situation/suggestions - and also the fact I did not go about making my point as well as I could.Obviously yesterday was a pretty frustrating day, and one which seemed to get quite personal at times (I''m not talking about the club''s statement).But CA, just to be clear, I apologise for my first post yesterday. It didn''t need to be written in that way.I''m not particularly up for getting fellow City fans'' backs up at the moment - it seems I have enough of an issue with those employed by the club.

No problems Micheal, as I said your first apology was good enough for me.

To be honest I''m surprised at the club''s statement, seems a bit over the top to me, goodness knows how they will react in January when the transfer rumours start.

Hope you enjoyed the scrimmage tonight.

[quote user="cityangel"]

No problems Micheal, as I said your first apology was good enough for me.

To be honest I''m surprised at the club''s statement, seems a bit over the top to me, goodness knows how they will react in January when the transfer rumours start.

Hope you enjoyed the scrimmage tonight.

[/quote]

I agree, January will be interesting, especially with future stories reported in the press?

---

Actually according to what Lambert said Bailey was spot on. Lambert was quoted by Radio Norfolk as saying there was "no fabrication" in the story...

That quote has now, perhaps not surprisingly, been deleted from the BBC report. But it just shows you can''t get the staff.[;)][:D][;)]