Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Ryan Harley on his way here?

The 25-year-old former Bristol City trainee has been in sparkling form for Paul Tisdale’s Grecians, scoring eight goals in 14 appearances so far this season – including a brace in August’s Carling Cup 3-2 home defeat to Ipswch after extra time – to see them sit just one point off the League One play-off places.

Surely we''d be better off gaining the services of a defender or a striker?

Do you think Hulahoop and Lanbert fell out on Tuesday last week when he was subbed? and that is the reason he didn''t play on Saturday? Or was it just tactical playing a 4 4 2, when Boro were probably expecting a diamond?

I hop Hulahoop plays, Lambert obviously rates him from comments in the press, but i think our purse strings should be aimed at Barnett.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Tenuous link of the day award.[/quote]

So you don''t think its worth discussing then?

Beauseant i give you ''nob'' of the day award, congratulations fella.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

Do you think Hulahoop and Lanbert fell out on Tuesday last week when he was subbed? and that is the reason he didn''t play on Saturday? Or was it just tactical playing a 4 4 2, when Boro were probably expecting a diamond?

I hop Hulahoop plays, Lambert obviously rates him from comments in the press, but i think our purse strings should be aimed at Barnett.

[/quote]

* I hope Hulahoop stays*

I will award myself crap spelling award of the day

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

[/quote]

It was actually a reference to the EEN article which contains no evidence whatsoever that we''re in the for him.

I apologise if you saw it as a pop at you, but then again, if your that''s your response then I''m probably wasting my breath. Have a nice day.

I think this would be a fantastic signing if true. For me he would be brought in as competition for Wes. He is the only player in our starting 11 who doesnt have someone competing for a sarting position ( McNamee is a winger). Could be a good buy!!!

I agree to be honest. We already have Hoolahan and as we saw last week if required we can switch effectively to 4-4-2 so I would rather see scarce funds spent elsewhere. For example in defence. Barnett definintely needs to be signed asap. He and Ward have been mangificent so it is a signing which would significantly improve us. It seems that Lambert has reservations over Askou''s ability to compete at this level. Nelse is out for the forseeable future and I know everyone gives Whitbread a hard time but we simply cant rely on the bloke to be fit for a sustained period.

[quote user="Yella Foreva"]I think this would be a fantastic signing if true. For me he would be brought in as competition for Wes. He is the only player in our starting 11 who doesnt have someone competing for a sarting position ( McNamee is a winger). Could be a good buy!!![/quote]

He does have competition. Lambert felt he wasn''t doing the business so he dropped Hoolahan for McNamee and changed the system. McNamee played well on Saturday and deserves to keep him out of the side against Cardiff based on performance. Whether we will change the system back to the diamond for tactical purposes is another matter.

From the picture given, it seems he has been in direct physical contact with Jamie Lad ''Barn Door'' Cureton, so unfortunately it''s a no from me..........

Plus the fact that we already own 300 midfielders.......

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

[/quote]

It was actually a reference to the EEN article which contains no evidence whatsoever that we''re in the for him.

I apologise if you saw it as a pop at you, but then again, if your that''s your response then I''m probably wasting my breath. Have a nice day.

[/quote]

I''m not being funny Beauseant but it wasn''t really clear from your short thread, so appologies if this was not a dig at me. But this is a forum to discuss such media reports.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Canaries Utd"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not being funny Beauseant but it wasn''t really clear from your short thread, so appologies if this was not a dig at me. But this is a forum to discuss such media reports.

[/quote]

Fair enough, it probably was a bit ambiguous. Apology accepted[Y]

[quote user="Jacko"]

[quote user="Yella Foreva"]I think this would be a fantastic signing if true. For me he would be brought in as competition for Wes. He is the only player in our starting 11 who doesnt have someone competing for a sarting position ( McNamee is a winger). Could be a good buy!!![/quote]

He does have competition. Lambert felt he wasn''t doing the business so he dropped Hoolahan for McNamee and changed the system. McNamee played well on Saturday and deserves to keep him out of the side against Cardiff based on performance. Whether we will change the system back to the diamond for tactical purposes is another matter.

[/quote]

Perhaps i wasnt quite clear enough for you Jacko. If lambert wants to play the diamond then Wes doesnt have direct competition because McNamee does his best stuff out wide. If one player isnt playing well (wes for this example) and the rest of the team are, and we are putting pressure on our opponents, you cant change the whole formation to a 4-4-2 as it could hinder the other players performance. A like for like substitution is always handy and we dont have that with Wes.

[quote user="PL"]Another case of a player out of contract who could get a hefty transfer fee walking away for free. We never learn do we?[/quote]

I assume you think Hoolihan is going on a free at the end of the season?  You never know he might sign a contract extension.

Ryan Harley''s league stats at Exeter

07 -08   11 + 4 apps   2 goals

08 - 09  25+6  apps    4 goals

09 - 10  43+1 apps     10 goals

10 -11 (so far)  12 apps   5 goals

He signed a new contract in July 2009.   Is it a two or a three year contract?

Just a story made up bt a journo from the EEN then according to the club website.

1st time poster so don''t shoot me down, but if there is any truth rather then buying him i wonder if they would take matt gill back in exchange as he was a hero to the exeter fans

The club have come out and denied this.

A bit of an embarassment for archant here - why do they keep doing this?

They have links with the club (i.e. Stephan Phillips) yet they continue to ''fabricate'' stories about transfer rumours.

Can we keep these dodgy rumours to the transfer rumour websites, or do archant want to continue dragging these sort of news items up!

[quote user="cityangel"]Just a story made up bt a journo from the EEN then according to the club website.[/quote]Careful. That''s a big slight on me, saying I made up a story. Probably defamatory.I did not make the story up, and I''ve never written a story I have "made up".And I don''t appreciate the suggestion either, so you know.

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="cityangel"]Just a story made up bt a journo from the EEN then according to the club website.[/quote]Careful. That''s a big slight on me, saying I made up a story. Probably defamatory.I did not make the story up, and I''ve never written a story I have "made up".And I don''t appreciate the suggestion either, so you know.[/quote]Although, clearly you''re quoting the club - so I''m not directing that at you City Angel. Apologies if it comes across as such.

This is a little bizarre from the club, I mean how many stories/rumors/sources fly about the place all the time, unless it''s a touchy subject of course, can you imagine McNally during the whole Ameobi supermarket sweep affair, the poor lad would of had a total meltdown.

[quote user=""]An interesting new style from the Club with McNally tweeting a rebutal having a dig at you Michael within minutes of your story coming out. In the same way he criticises you for not contacting the club, surely he should contact you or Archant rather than going public? pots and kettles smoke and fire[/quote]

Unless, of course, the club are in for him and don''t want to start a bidding war.

Beau,

The tweet from McNally was a good example of why celebrities shouldn''t tweet as I think it was a genuine knee jerk reaction. After that the club issued their brief but hostile statement which was not a Ferrari way of doing things.

To me whatever the reason (and I would think that the story was based on sound information) McNally was genuinely angry and for once did not think through the best way to deal with it.

As now the story has more legs than a millipede convention !

[quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="Michael Bailey - Sportsdesk"][quote user="cityangel"]Just a story made up bt a journo from the EEN then according to the club website.[/quote]

Careful. That''s a big slight on me, saying I made up a story. Probably defamatory.

I did not make the story up, and I''ve never written a story I have "made up".

And I don''t appreciate the suggestion either, so you know.
[/quote]

Although, clearly you''re quoting the club - so I''m not directing that at you City Angel. Apologies if it comes across as such.
[/quote]

Yes I was quoting the club Michael, no offensive meant to you personally.