Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Norwich city shares for sale

Of course, NCFC shares are also on sale through Barrett & Cooke on a matched basis. Rumours are that a seller may need to wait a little longer than a buyer to strike a bargain.

[quote user="Canariesworld"]weren''t they like £50 a share when they were sold by the club?[/quote]

Yes they were as I have 2.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Canariesworld"]weren''t they like £50 a share when they were sold by the club?[/quote]

[/quote]And you weren''t offered a seat on the board CA? [:''(]

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]

How do you go about purchasing something like this?

Could anyone advise?

I''m genuinely interested but don''t know the first thing about the process to be honest.

[/quote]

---

---

Various ways of purchasing shares.

If you''re interested in some or all of these two parcels of shares advertised in the EDP, then reply to the ad.

More generally, the stockbrokers Barratt and Cooke have been mentioned. They''ve got a website.

Or contact the club. There are (or were) several thousands shares available, although they may now have been bought by new directors.

As to technicalities, the ordinary shares give you voting rights but don''t pay a dividend. They cost £30. Not £50 as said earlier. The B preference shares don''t have voting rights but do - theoretically at least - pay a dividend. They cost £100 each.

I have one NCFC share at home - I think it cost £25 many moons ago - I can''t remember how or why I brought this but I seem to recall it was to help the club out of crisis at that time. Can anyone shed any light?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

You little minx..... You certainly know how to get a man interested don''t you?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]And you''re still not allowed to stand on two shares worth of pitch?

I believe the shares are £30 a pop and worthless these days.

But of course during my ten years in control, and I''m not boasting, just being factual - we finished third, fourth and fifth in the top flight, reached two FA Cup semi-finals and during one season stayed at the top of the first division longer than any other club. Rarely does a club as small as Norwich hold the top spot for so long. The shares were valued around twenty pounds each then. And worth every penny!

But of course in reality they weren''t traded at £20. They were brought and sold for whatever was agreed by the two parties. When I realised that hiring police horses was throwing good money after bad I looked for a buyer. Eventually I found the right man with the right offer and it was thank you and goodbye.

Dear old Geoffrey always had an eye for a bargain.

Preference B shares do provide a dividend. I get a cheque for £3-4 every year but I''ve never cashed one it.

As a shareholder thoug h I do get super membership for £5 or normal membership for free which isn''t too bad.

I mainly bought mine so we could get Hucks.

Davo

[quote user="Bob The Builder"]

But of course during my ten years in control, and I''m not boasting, just being factual - we finished third, fourth and fifth in the top flight, reached two FA Cup semi-finals and during one season stayed at the top of the first division longer than any other club. Rarely does a club as small as Norwich hold the top spot for so long. The shares were valued around twenty pounds each then. And worth every penny!

But of course in reality they weren''t traded at £20. They were brought and sold for whatever was agreed by the two parties. When I realised that hiring police horses was throwing good money after bad I looked for a buyer. Eventually I found the right man with the right offer and it was thank you and goodbye.

[/quote]

---

---

Thanks for that welcome reminder of your Golden Age, Bob.[8-|] You did leave out one tiny item, though. You were the financial genius[:P] who thought it would be a cracking idea to list the company on the stock market...[U][:^)][N][:''(][:@][6]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Bob The Builder"]

[/quote]

---

---

Thanks for that welcome reminder of your Golden Age, Bob.[8-|] You did leave out one tiny item, though. You were the financial genius[:P] who thought it would be a cracking idea to list the company on the stock market...[U][:^)][N][:''(][:@][6]

[/quote]

You also missed Radio BOB with headsets built into hats.(stil have mine)

A pure stroke of genius far ahead of it''s time and the fore runner of club podcasts!!

[quote user="The Butler"]

You also missed Radio BOB with headsets built into hats.(stil have mine)

A pure stroke of genius far ahead of it''s time and the fore runner of club podcasts!!

[/quote]

You still have one of those Chris? How quaint. Of course mine went in that polythene bag and into the cellar, the same way as all my memorabilia went. I don''t know where it went when we cleared ''The Hall'' though. Do you recall me moving on from Radio Bob to HOT 106 FM?  Of course that venture never really got off the ground, something I wasn''t used to after my ten years of unprecedented success at such a small Football Club. In fact we were fondly known as "Robert Chase''s Little Norwich" in my day.

Whilst we are reminiscing another of my "pure strokes of genius" was back in December 1990. I was watching the Wimbledon match with my guest Lord Justice Taylor. We were 0-4 down after 20 minutes and the natives were restless and becoming unruly. Of course this was a recurring theme during my unprecedented ten years in charge. The rabble in the Barclay Stand all sat down on the terraces in protest because I had sold Andy Linighan and Andy Townsend for two and a half million and brought in John Polston, Paul Blades and Colin Woodthorpe for less than half that amount. It was a little embarrassing to say the least. But Lord Taylor put his hand on my shoulder and said "Stroke of genius Bob! All your unruly fans sitting down as though they were in a classroom. Much safer! I''m sure that will come in handy one day..................

[quote user="The Butler"]Didn''t Polston turn out a waste of money!![/quote]

How could you say that! John Polston was a key member of my team that conquered Bayern Munich in Europe. That was probably the pinnacle of my unprecedented ten years success. He was also my get out of jail card because the other two were a waste of money. It didn''t work in the end because shrewder football brains than mine recognised that Linighan was second only to the great Barry Butler in the pecking order of Norwich centre-halves.

How could you say that! John Polston was a key member of my team that conquered Bayern Munich in Europe. That was probably the pinnacle of my unprecedented ten years success. He was also my get out of jail card because the other two were a waste of money. It didn''t work in the end because shrewder football brains than mine recognised that Linighan was second only to the great Barry Butler in the pecking order of Norwich centre-halves.

[/quote]Well, I would certainly have to agree with that last sentence Bob.

[/quote]

Barry Butler was indeed a ''great''..... but Duncan Forbes remains our greatest centre half ever ... by a very long mile.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Bob The Builder"]

[/quote]

Barry Butler was indeed a ''great''..... but Duncan Forbes remains our greatest centre half ever ... by a very long mile.
[/quote]

---

An inspirational player, Forbes, for sure, but intrinsically better than, for example, Dave Watson? Having seen much of both (and a fair bit of Barry Butler, as it happens) I think not.

Agree Forbes was an inspirational leader rather in the Michael Nelson mould as a player. Barry Butler was outstanding and one of the main reasons we had a great Cup run in 1959 was that we were an attacking side but Barry could always be relied upon to cover when we were caught short at the back.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Bob The Builder"]

[/quote]

Barry Butler was indeed a ''great''..... but Duncan Forbes remains our greatest centre half ever ... by a very long mile.[/quote]

---

An inspirational player, Forbes, for sure, but intrinsically better than, for example, Dave Watson? Having seen much of both (and a fair bit of Barry Butler, as it happens) I think not.

[/quote]Duncan for me..... and like you I saw all of them play.Never a bad game and an inspirational captain.