Sign in to follow this  
Graham Humphrey

Fans Forum tonight

[quote user="T"]At which point do people grasp that there is not a queue of mega rich benefactors desperate to throw their money away on subsidising the weekend entertainment of a bunch of miserable, whinging,  ungrateful old gits at a division 2 club stuck in the middle of nowhere?[/quote]Truth is... why should we be grateful for having our club destroyed and turned into a national laughing stock?The only person likely to get their hands on Delia Smith''s train set will be the product of her own womb.... so her old man had better get cracking if an heir to the dynasty is to be born.Either that or we''ll end up with that tw@t of a nephew lauding over us in the Eastern Counties League.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="T"]At which point do people grasp that there is not a queue of mega rich benefactors desperate to throw their money away on subsidising the weekend entertainment of a bunch of miserable, whinging,  ungrateful old gits at a division 2 club stuck in the middle of nowhere?[/quote]

Truth is... why should we be grateful for having our club destroyed and turned into a national laughing stock?

The only person likely to get their hands on Delia Smith''s train set will be the product of her own womb.... so her old man had better get cracking if an heir to the dynasty is to be born.

Either that or we''ll end up with that tw@t of a nephew lauding over us in the Eastern Counties League.
[/quote]

Fear not Cluck mate, just like the Sahara she''s barren and dry, hence her thirst for liquid! as for the twit of a nephew, it makes you shudder doesn''t it?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Any mention of whether the search for investment is any nearer coming to fruition?[/quote]

That did not flag up on the radar at all.

[/quote]

Why''s that then?

Did the Chief Exec go into stealth mode? Did he turn on a Romulan cloaking device?

Surely investment - would or should have, been one of the main topics of question and discussion....?

[/quote]My thoughts exactly Mello, from what Mcnally said about 7 year plans it sounds as if we may have given up on new investment or a takeover. I would have thought an update on where we are on that would have been given without the question needing to have been asked.I notice Blackburn who are a small town club with major competition look like they are being taken over next month so there obviously are willing investors out there if you look in the right places. Apart from not being in the prem I''d say NCFC have more potential than Blackburn and would be avaliable at a far lower price.

that''s the big difference though Blackburn are in the Premier league, with all the money coming in and exposure on tv etc. Taking aside us being fans but who would want to invest in any other lower league teams (City included) unless for dodgy reasons (like our neighbours!)

I''m surprised there wasn''t an update on what''s happening on the investment front. As for McNally giving up on this because of the 7 year plan. Surely that''s just business sense, make plans for what you have, if anything else comes in then its a bonus

[quote user="Nolly"]that''s the big difference though Blackburn are in the Premier league, with all the money coming in and exposure on tv etc. Taking aside us being fans but who would want to invest in any other lower league teams (City included) unless for dodgy reasons (like our neighbours!)

I''m surprised there wasn''t an update on what''s happening on the investment front. As for McNally giving up on this because of the 7 year plan. Surely that''s just business sense, make plans for what you have, if anything else comes in then its a bonus[/quote]NCFC is an excellent proposition for an investor..... Problem is NCFC isn''t a worthwhile proposition given the present ''owners''.Businessmen by their very nature need a free hand to mould what they have to meet their personal ambitions..... so with the old cook still there sticking her five eggs in.... no-one worth their salt will touch it with a bargepole.Expect another collapse when Paul Lambert feels it''s time to move on.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Nolly"]that''s the big difference though Blackburn are in the Premier league, with all the money coming in and exposure on tv etc. Taking aside us being fans but who would want to invest in any other lower league teams (City included) unless for dodgy reasons (like our neighbours!) I''m surprised there wasn''t an update on what''s happening on the investment front. As for McNally giving up on this because of the 7 year plan. Surely that''s just business sense, make plans for what you have, if anything else comes in then its a bonus[/quote]

NCFC is an excellent proposition for an investor..... Problem is NCFC isn''t a worthwhile proposition given the present ''owners''.

Businessmen by their very nature need a free hand to mould what they have to meet their personal ambitions..... so with the old cook still there sticking her five eggs in.... no-one worth their salt will touch it with a bargepole.

Expect another collapse when Paul Lambert feels it''s time to move on.

[/quote]

Just hope you realise that the chairperson of the new owners of Blackburn Rovers is a woman Cluckbert.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Nolly"]that''s the big difference though Blackburn are in the Premier league, with all the money coming in and exposure on tv etc. Taking aside us being fans but who would want to invest in any other lower league teams (City included) unless for dodgy reasons (like our neighbours!) I''m surprised there wasn''t an update on what''s happening on the investment front. As for McNally giving up on this because of the 7 year plan. Surely that''s just business sense, make plans for what you have, if anything else comes in then its a bonus[/quote]

NCFC is an excellent proposition for an investor..... Problem is NCFC isn''t a worthwhile proposition given the present ''owners''.

Businessmen by their very nature need a free hand to mould what they have to meet their personal ambitions..... so with the old cook still there sticking her five eggs in.... no-one worth their salt will touch it with a bargepole.

[/quote]

Just hope you realise that the chairperson of the new owners of Blackburn Rovers is a woman Cluckbert.

[/quote]

And our (I''m a shareholder [;)]) chairperson is a man. So what''s your point?

Oh , by the way, who bought the drinks last night policeperson? Or did you split it down the middle in the interests of ''equality''?

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Nolly"]that''s the big difference though Blackburn are in the Premier league, with all the money coming in and exposure on tv etc. Taking aside us being fans but who would want to invest in any other lower league teams (City included) unless for dodgy reasons (like our neighbours!)

I''m surprised there wasn''t an update on what''s happening on the investment front. As for McNally giving up on this because of the 7 year plan. Surely that''s just business sense, make plans for what you have, if anything else comes in then its a bonus[/quote]NCFC is an excellent proposition for an investor..... Problem is NCFC isn''t a worthwhile proposition given the present ''owners''.Businessmen by their very nature need a free hand to mould what they have to meet their personal ambitions..... so with the old cook still there sticking her five eggs in.... no-one worth their salt will touch it with a bargepole.Expect another collapse when Paul Lambert feels it''s time to move on.

[/quote]

you had your chance to go along and tell them your opinion to their face last night, at least they would have the chance to respond to you and your view on things

[quote user="Nolly"]that''s the big difference though Blackburn are in the Premier league, with all the money coming in and exposure on tv etc. Taking aside us being fans but who would want to invest in any other lower league teams (City included) unless for dodgy reasons (like our neighbours!)

I''m surprised there wasn''t an update on what''s happening on the investment front. As for McNally giving up on this because of the 7 year plan. Surely that''s just business sense, make plans for what you have, if anything else comes in then its a bonus[/quote]It is good business sense to work to a plan but my point is that I hope it''s not because we have exhausted every possible avenue in finding investment and the 7 year plan is being implemented because of that.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Nolly"]that''s the big difference though Blackburn are in the Premier league, with all the money coming in and exposure on tv etc. Taking aside us being fans but who would want to invest in any other lower league teams (City included) unless for dodgy reasons (like our neighbours!) I''m surprised there wasn''t an update on what''s happening on the investment front. As for McNally giving up on this because of the 7 year plan. Surely that''s just business sense, make plans for what you have, if anything else comes in then its a bonus[/quote]NCFC is an excellent proposition for an investor..... Problem is NCFC isn''t a worthwhile proposition given the present ''owners''.Businessmen by their very nature need a free hand to mould what they have to meet their personal ambitions..... so with the old cook still there sticking her five eggs in.... no-one worth their salt will touch it with a bargepole.Expect another collapse when Paul Lambert feels it''s time to move on.

[/quote]

[/quote]Not a ''has been'' tv cook though.......As a fervent Margaret Thatcher devotee I am aware that the ''right breed'' of woman can be nearly as successful as a man.

If we were 3rd, or even in the top 6, mid-January would this not upset the 7-year plan?

Pity nobody apparently raised the question of Plan B for this eventuality. I assume that a Plan B must exist.

Maybe prudence has knocked aside ambition again - but its just that the language is different?

Worthy''s squad was boosted very significantly by the proceeds of a share offer.

A share offer in December would be entirely possible. Is it on the cards or not?

Is Lambert to be deprived and then move on in frustration?

Didn''t take him long to ship out of Colchester did it? 

OTBC

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not a ''has been'' tv cook though.......

As a fervent Margaret Thatcher devotee I am aware that the ''right breed'' of woman can be nearly as successful as a man.
[/quote]

That explains a lot!

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Nolly"]that''s the big difference though Blackburn are in the Premier league, with all the money coming in and exposure on tv etc. Taking aside us being fans but who would want to invest in any other lower league teams (City included) unless for dodgy reasons (like our neighbours!) I''m surprised there wasn''t an update on what''s happening on the investment front. As for McNally giving up on this because of the 7 year plan. Surely that''s just business sense, make plans for what you have, if anything else comes in then its a bonus[/quote]NCFC is an excellent proposition for an investor..... Problem is NCFC isn''t a worthwhile proposition given the present ''owners''.Businessmen by their very nature need a free hand to mould what they have to meet their personal ambitions..... so with the old cook still there sticking her five eggs in.... no-one worth their salt will touch it with a bargepole.Expect another collapse when Paul Lambert feels it''s time to move on.

[/quote]

[/quote]Not a ''has been'' tv cook though.......As a fervent Margaret Thatcher devotee I am aware that the ''right breed'' of woman can be nearly as successful as a man.[/quote]

That explains a lot!

[/quote]The woman is a God.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]If we were 3rd, or even in the top 6, mid-January would this not upset the 7-year plan?

Worthy''s squad was boosted very significantly by the proceeds of a share offer.

A share offer in December would be entirely possible. Is it on the cards or not?

Is Lambert to be deprived and then move on in frustration?

Didn''t take him long to ship out of Colchester did it? 

[/quote]Of course, if we are in the top 6 in January, Lambert may decide his squad is good enough to take us all the way.

But you seem to have decided he must take the Worthy route......

Even though you wanted Worthy Out a few months later!

[quote user="them2"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Nolly"]that''s the big difference though Blackburn are in the Premier league, with all the money coming in and exposure on tv etc. Taking aside us being fans but who would want to invest in any other lower league teams (City included) unless for dodgy reasons (like our neighbours!)

[/quote]

you had your chance to go along and tell them your opinion to their face last night, at least they would have the chance to respond to you and your view on things[/quote]You don''t get straight answers to straight questions at such events. The script is worked out in advance and they don''t stray away from it.Business is indeed a very cynical business......

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="them2"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Nolly"]that''s the big difference though Blackburn are in the Premier league, with all the money coming in and exposure on tv etc. Taking aside us being fans but who would want to invest in any other lower league teams (City included) unless for dodgy reasons (like our neighbours!) I''m surprised there wasn''t an update on what''s happening on the investment front. As for McNally giving up on this because of the 7 year plan. Surely that''s just business sense, make plans for what you have, if anything else comes in then its a bonus[/quote]

[/quote] you had your chance to go along and tell them your opinion to their face last night, at least they would have the chance to respond to you and your view on things[/quote]

You don''t get straight answers to straight questions at such events. The script is worked out in advance and they don''t stray away from it.

Business is indeed a very cynical business......
[/quote]

How do you have script answers when you do not know who is going to ask questions from the floor or what the question is going to be?

Cluckbert i do hope you do not spend so much time on here in the hope that straight answers will prevail.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="them2"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Nolly"]that''s the big difference though Blackburn are in the Premier league, with all the money coming in and exposure on tv etc. Taking aside us being fans but who would want to invest in any other lower league teams (City included) unless for dodgy reasons (like our neighbours!) I''m surprised there wasn''t an update on what''s happening on the investment front. As for McNally giving up on this because of the 7 year plan. Surely that''s just business sense, make plans for what you have, if anything else comes in then its a bonus[/quote]NCFC is an excellent proposition for an investor..... Problem is NCFC isn''t a worthwhile proposition given the present ''owners''.Businessmen by their very nature need a free hand to mould what they have to meet their personal ambitions..... so with the old cook still there sticking her five eggs in.... no-one worth their salt will touch it with a bargepole.Expect another collapse when Paul Lambert feels it''s time to move on.

[/quote] you had your chance to go along and tell them your opinion to their face last night, at least they would have the chance to respond to you and your view on things[/quote]You don''t get straight answers to straight questions at such events. The script is worked out in advance and they don''t stray away from it.Business is indeed a very cynical business......[/quote]

How do you have script answers when you do not know who is going to ask questions from the floor or what the question is going to be?

Cluckbert i do hope you do not spend so much time on here in the hope that straight answers will prevail.

[/quote]As a retired copper you should be well versed in such matters. Get a question and then give an answer to an entirely different one.Never had a straight answer from a plod yet.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Never had a straight answer from a plod yet.
[/quote]I don''t suppose they needed to give you one. All they had to say was......

You''re nicked, son!

[:S]

[quote user="T"]At which point do people grasp that there is not a queue of mega rich benefactors desperate to throw their money away on subsidising the weekend entertainment of a bunch of miserable, whinging,  ungrateful old gits at a division 2 club stuck in the middle of nowhere?[/quote]

One does seriously wonder, how an astute and vibrant (and no doubt) highly successful city slicker of a business type like yourself......is ever able find the valuable free time, to drag yourself away from the chaotic and hectic world of stocks, shares - and the weird wizardry of world finance?....

Then to grace us with your esteemed presence....and then amaze and astound a ''know nowt'' bunch of miserable, whingeing and ungrateful old gits like us, with your pompous and patronising tales of the blatently obvious - as you dourly deposit your dull and insignificant three-penneth of rambling retort on here, a simple ''two-bit'' football forum.

Maybe you''re actually, not a ''high-flyer'' at all?.....But in reality, you''re just a senior accountant''s snotty, spotty, tea makin'' biscuit pinchin'' and obstinate oik of a petulant brat - who likes to ''give it large'' on your ''pay as you go'' (dongle attached) electronic notebook....precariously balanced on your naked and acne-addled flabby thighs - whilst you take a dump (in firm''s time) on the company crapper....

That is where, you probably feel the most inspired - to contribute on here......         

I know in the past at forums that the board have known some of the questions that were going to be asked but many others will not be scripted!

The club will always have plans, but it doesn''t mean that all potential outside investment has been ruled out. 7 years is a long time for a football club and things and personnel change!

I agree that Delia doesn''t want to sell, this has been made aparent in the past but f uckbert Chase (or whatever the silly name is!?) is being way way over the top with his critiscisms. Delia Smith and her husband to gether with Foulger rectifyed the situation in the summer of 2009 by appointing Mcnally and the other 2. Had they not done that then probably their position would of be untenable. As it is the clubs heading in the right direction although the club has to make all the right moves all the time otherwise Lambert would more than likely do an " O Neil" on us. Anyway foriegn owners aren''t the be all and end all, look at Liverpool and Portsmouth.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]Never had a straight answer from a plod yet.[/quote]I don''t suppose they needed to give you one. All they had to say was......

You''re nicked, son!

[:S]

[/quote]Not even a parking ticket Lapps!Having had alot of dealings with them over the years I could tell you stories that would make your hair (?) stand on end.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I know in the past at forums that the board have known some of the questions that were going to be asked but many others will not be scripted!

The club will always have plans, but it doesn''t mean that all potential outside investment has been ruled out. 7 years is a long time for a football club and things and personnel change!

I agree that Delia doesn''t want to sell, this has been made aparent in the past but f uckbert Chase (or whatever the silly name is!?) is being way way over the top with his critiscisms. Delia Smith and her husband to gether with Foulger rectifyed the situation in the summer of 2009 by appointing Mcnally and the other 2. Had they not done that then probably their position would of be untenable. As it is the clubs heading in the right direction although the club has to make all the right moves all the time otherwise Lambert would more than likely do an " O Neil" on us. Anyway foriegn owners aren''t the be all and end all, look at Liverpool and Portsmouth.

[/quote]Bollox I''m afraid....Who got us in this state in the first place? The debt has not gone away and the ownership remains laughable. Don''t be side tracked by the current league position because if Paul Lambert walked the train set would be off the rails in a trice.It''s dangerous to know that PL is the sole difference between holding the fort and  total collapse.

"Lambert would more than likely do an " O Neil" on us"

Lambert will leave when it suits, as he did with Colchester.

From what i''ve seen of him it will not be in the deceitful manner of the poisoned dwarf, with shite about naughty chairman depriving the poor manager of money so he had to fall into the arms of another club, who just coincidentally happened to be there - having never made any previous contact at all .... absolutelt, not at all, never. Just coincidence if they had mistakenly approached a Mr o''Neil.

As to the twaddle about ''hinvestors'' - cue heavenly music as happy clappers fall to their knees in adoration at the mere word, it should be borne in mind that City are not the basket case that ''hinvestors'' are interested.

Of course you''ll get the chancers and shysters like the ''bookie'', Di Stefano and Cullum but in general any vulture is looking for easy pickings. I know this runs contrary to the dimwits conjured up perception of an ''hinvestor'' who is some kindly old white haired uncle who''ll rub the clubs tousled head before handing over a wodge of cash with the words "there you go, fella me lad'' and there''s plenty more when needed".

The usual procedure is that the ''hinvestor'' borrows against the value of the club, then runs the club through a number of arms length companies whilst dumping all the debts into the club and shifting the assets into the other companies.

If a club is virtually on the brink of extinction then they have little else but to take what is offered (as with the paupers down the A140). Whilst Blackpool and Doncaster might point to a different outcome (albeit short term and not proven) the rest seem to have ended in almost disaster.

Sadly like those caught up in pyramid schemes football has attracted any number of happy clappers whose grasp of the game and how it is run goes no further than the level of a Sun exclusive.

A fear fans all too often get what they deserve.

Half of the debt is actually a mortgage like loan taken out to pay for the Jarold stand. Its like saying that someone with £100,000 left on their mortgage is £100,000 in debt!

I''m afraid that in modern times most professional football clubs will be in the red. Your saying that its all Delias fault which is bollox as you''d put it. If you wanted us to not be in debt then we''d now be in League 2 or the Conference playing in front of crowds under 10,000. Unless we were taken over by a Abramovic like tycoon then its probable that whoever owned the club would of put us into debt.

As we''ve seen in the last 2 seasons a decent manger is a must. Thats the case at every club!

Half of the debt is actually a mortgage like loan taken out to pay for the Jarold stand. Its like saying that someone with £100,000 left on their mortgage is £100,000 in debt!

[/quote]

What would be wrong with that statement?

The statement is correct but I reiterate my post earlier in the thread- It is just not Lambo moving on that is the fear but even more importantly Team Bowker/McNally having a gutfull

It is an ill wind however and I could see the ''Team'' being so frustrated with, what is a potentially successful club, organising a takeover of some sorts.

We can but hope but the situation could be a cliffhanger and I just don''t like the undercurrent at the moment.

BTW Cluck agree with most of your points inc Maggie!!

I can understand Di Stefano being called a shyster or chancer but Cullum?? where do you get that from. Here was an investor who ticked all Delia''s boxes apart from one, he wanted a say in what happened with his money (understandable i would think).

I wouldn''t call anyone a chancer who offers his home town team £20m when there bottom of the table to help them out and the offer was still there 6 months later when it was revealed no one at the club had even spoken to him. Surely a chancer would have gone long before that

I''m afraid that in modern times most professional football clubs will be in the red. Your saying that its all Delias fault which is bollox as you''d put it. If you wanted us to not be in debt then we''d now be in League 2 or the Conference playing in front of crowds under 10,000. Unless we were taken over by a Abramovic like tycoon then its probable that whoever owned the club would of put us into debt.

As we''ve seen in the last 2 seasons a decent manger is a must. Thats the case at every club!

[/quote]Errr.... they are. A debt is a debt and has to be paid back with interest. Plenty of repossessions going on up and down the country ....and looking at City these days there are very few assets (unless like when the great Robert Chase got lynched) to get us out of jail. There is a stack of debt with no means to clear it.... unless she finally admits she''s a liability and walks.There is no defence for Smith..... and by saying "a decent manager is a must" you inadvertently point out yet another fiasco brought to the club via her laughable luvvies given the job."Cometh the hour" my arse..........

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]Errr.... they are. A debt is a debt and has to be paid back with interest. Plenty of repossessions going on up and down the country ....and looking at City these days there are very few assets (unless like when the great Robert Chase got lynched) to get us out of jail. There is a stack of debt with no means to clear it.... unless she finally admits she''s a liability and walks.There is no defence for Smith..... and by saying "a decent manager is a must" you inadvertently point out yet another fiasco brought to the club via her laughable luvvies given the job."Cometh the hour" my arse..........[/quote]Cometh your arse, by the hour....

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]Errr.... they are. A debt is a debt and has to be paid back with interest. Plenty of repossessions going on up and down the country ....and looking at City these days there are very few assets (unless like when the great Robert Chase got lynched) to get us out of jail. There is a stack of debt with no means to clear it.... unless she finally admits she''s a liability and walks.There is no defence for Smith..... and by saying "a decent manager is a must" you inadvertently point out yet another fiasco brought to the club via her laughable luvvies given the job."Cometh the hour" my arse..........[/quote]Cometh your arse, by the hour....[/quote]Cometh in your arse quite regularly I suspect......