Sign in to follow this  
Graham Humphrey

Fans Forum tonight

Anybody going to this one this evening?  I may go if I feel like it later on.  It''s in the Norfolk Lounge, where is that located?  (Yeah, I know, I should probably know this, but I don''t...)

Can''t make it myself, but would be interested to know when the accounts are coming out, must be sometime soon, and how good, bad or indifferent their reading is likely to be?

I may go along to see what Mr Lambert has to say [:D] Was worried that I needed a ticket but I see you can pay at the door.

[quote user="cityangel"]I may go along to see what Mr Lambert has to say [:D] Was worried that I needed a ticket but I see you can pay at the door.[/quote]

I bought a £2 ticket last Tuesday and was surprised it was only No.36 so looks like a poor turnout.Never mind CA you can buy the Fanny Magnet a drink.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="cityangel"]I may go along to see what Mr Lambert has to say [:D] Was worried that I needed a ticket but I see you can pay at the door.[/quote]

I bought a £2 ticket last Tuesday and was surprised it was only No.36 so looks like a poor turnout.Never mind CA you can buy the Fanny Magnet a drink.[;)]

[/quote]

I might [:D]

Couple of tweets from Bish who is at the meeting thus far...Sounds like there''s a very good chance the AGM will be adjourned from Nov to Jan; accts for 2009/10 due out in November tooBig theme frm Lambert & McNally: playing down expectations. No more mentions of

Prem here then. Drury still 3/4wks away, the others further Also sounds like season ticket prices will go up for 2011/12. McNally says they''ll go on sale early to beat January''s VAT rise; Xmas pressie?Surman - a few weeks and then he''ll start running, but it''ll be a while yet.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Cocks are supposed to buy.

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]This cock no longer has a helmet though.... so he would be ''insensitive'' as to what is going on around him.....

[/quote]Cocks are supposed to buy.[/quote]You may not have equality in Jamaica but we do here!

But, being a cock, you wouldn''t know that would you? [:^)]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Couple of tweets from Bish who is at the meeting thus far...Sounds like there''s a very good chance the AGM will be adjourned from Nov to Jan; accts for 2009/10 due out in November tooBig theme frm Lambert & McNally: playing down expectations. No more mentions of

Prem here then. Drury still 3/4wks away, the others further Also sounds like season ticket prices will go up for 2011/12. McNally says they''ll go on sale early to beat January''s VAT rise; Xmas pressie?Surman - a few weeks and then he''ll start running, but it''ll be a while yet.[/quote]Considering the majority of fans buy them on the knock.  I guess the club will use this fact as a mind trick to get us to sign up early[:D]

[/quote]

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[/quote]

They could always go Dutch..........cap.

AGM being suspended is no big surprise it''s always postponed, I reckon it''ll be Feb once the Transfer window has closed.

Bad news about Drury and Surman though.

As for price rises on season tickets I think we all kind of guessed that was coming. I wonder if those who buy theirs by Direct Debit in December will still have to pay the VAT increase? I know nothing about tax so have no idea.

Davo

[quote user="Davo"]AGM being suspended is no big surprise it''s always postponed, I reckon it''ll be Feb once the Transfer window has closed.

Bad news about Drury and Surman though.

As for price rises on season tickets I think we all kind of guessed that was coming. I wonder if those who buy theirs by Direct Debit in December will still have to pay the VAT increase? I know nothing about tax so have no idea.

Davo[/quote]Tricky one that[*-)]

I thought so but then this is coming from someone who can''t even work out their monthly wage because they don''t understand tax :S

Davo

[quote user="kdncfc"]Any mention of whether the search for investment is any nearer coming to fruition?
[/quote]

That did not flag up on the radar at all.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Any mention of whether the search for investment is any nearer coming to fruition?[/quote]

[/quote]Do you think this is still ongoing then Tilly or have all the interested parties fallen by the wayside? I''m surprised it never came up as it''s vital to the future of our club that some kind of investmnt or a takeover happens in the not to distant future

For those who couldn''t make it

Season Tickets are going up ( quoted that Barclay are only paying £16 per game ) renewals will be sent out early to beat Jan 2011VAT increases

Lambert talked about the 2 young goalies and how they are well thought of, Steer he raved about particularly

Mentioned the long coach trip to Bristol for the players and how it isn''t good preparation ( did say that Delia or Micheal Foulger sometimes help out when they need to fly)

Drury is out for another 2/3 weeks, Surman is getting there and will start running soon but will need another 2 weeks, Whitbread and Nelson are both running now so are getting closer.

Talked about Cody and how well he''s doing but how there''s a big leap for him from non league to championship

7 year plan was debated, McNally thinks if we finish mid table around 10th/12th this year that will be a success, think it will take 3 years to get back to Premier and are hopeful that debt will be gone at the end of 7 years unless they invest in stadium.

Financial statement due Nov and AGM will probably be Jan 2011

Lambert had quite a lot of banter/fun with journo''s about what they might print tomorrow

He''s not worried about the Cardiff game, watched the game, thinks they have a great team but has complete faith in our team to do a good job.

Talked about Portsmouth and their money troubles and how he didn''t think Cardiff should have been able to have Bellars on loan when they owed loads of money to Motherwell, thought it was wrong.

McNally explained re parachute payments due to Newcastle and WBA, its not being shred out with just championship clubs as we thought, think the premier have a say in where it goes.

Talked about charity collections at the ground and work they do in the community with charities

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That''s about all I can remember of the top of my head as I didn''t take any notes, so if I''ve missed key stuff then others can add it for you.

Think there was only about 95 ish people there tonight which was a bit disappointing, lots of forum regulars missing and where were ncisa committee members tonight, can''t remember the last fans forum when they didn''t have anyone in attendance to represent them.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="Davo"]AGM being suspended is no big surprise it''s always postponed, I reckon it''ll be Feb once the Transfer window has closed. Bad news about Drury and Surman though. As for price rises on season tickets I think we all kind of guessed that was coming. I wonder if those who buy theirs by Direct Debit in December will still have to pay the VAT increase? I know nothing about tax so have no idea. Davo[/quote]

Tricky one that[*-)]
[/quote]You are effectively buying the ticket on interest free credit.  The actual transaction will be in Dec, so that is the date used for VAT.  This is only confusing because the club is selling and providing the credit.  If the lender and sales person were different, there would be no question - like if you take a loan from the bank to buy a car.  Because you are making payments over the next 3 years doesn''t mean the tax man will come back asking for another 2.5%

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Cocks are supposed to buy.[/quote]You may not have equality in Jamaica but we do here!

But, being a cock, you wouldn''t know that would you? [:^)]

[/quote]

Jamaica? First it was St. Lucia, then Brazil, then Trinidad & Tobago, then St. Vincent, then Mustique, then St. Vincent and the Grenadines, then Mexico, then South Africa, then Venezuela, then Trinidad, and now Jamaica.........whatever next?

Do make up your mind dear chap - or should I write dear person in the interests of your ''equality''. Perhaps you should sue NCFC for charging more in the City Stand than in the Barclay - in the interests of the ''equality'' you claim to have but is so selective.

As they say ''Cock mouth kill cock''.

Now toddle off and brush your leaders coat-tails.

OTBC

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Any mention of whether the search for investment is any nearer coming to fruition?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why''s that then?

Did the Chief Exec go into stealth mode? Did he turn on a Romulan cloaking device?

Surely investment - would or should have, been one of the main topics of question and discussion....?

At which point do people grasp that there is not a queue of mega rich benefactors desperate to throw their money away on subsidising the weekend entertainment of a bunch of miserable, whinging,  ungrateful old gits at a division 2 club stuck in the middle of nowhere?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why''s that then?

Did the Chief Exec go into stealth mode? Did he turn on a Romulan cloaking device?

Surely investment - would or should have, been one of the main topics of question and discussion....?

[/quote]

From CA''s excellent summary;

7 year plan was debated, McNally thinks if we finish mid table around 10th/12th this year that will be a success, think it will take 3 years to get back to Premier and are hopeful that debt will be gone at the end of 7 years unless they invest in stadium.

Now, reading between the lines, does it look like investment is just around the corner? Do you think that if there had been any definite, solid offers that McNally would have told us?  I just thank McNally and Bowkett for steadying the ship, hopefully fending off Administration with sound business sense and good planning. Now, wouldn''t that disappoint you and your sock-puppet, cluck?

Nice one T. That''s the attitude that will pull us out of recession as it''s done before and made Britain great.

Of course there are some people out there who are willing to put money into the club, whether that be £500K, a million or even a bit more..... but not with the current set up.

Wait until Bowkett and McNally get really naffed off then maybe an interesting debate can take place!

[quote user="cityangel"]

For those who couldn''t make it

Season Tickets are going up ( quoted that Barclay are only paying £16 per game ) renewals will be sent out early to beat Jan 2011VAT increases

Lambert talked about the 2 young goalies and how they are well thought of, Steer he raved about particularly

Mentioned the long coach trip to Bristol for the players and how it isn''t good preparation ( did say that Delia or Micheal Foulger sometimes help out when they need to fly)

Drury is out for another 2/3 weeks, Surman is getting there and will start running soon but will need another 2 weeks, Whitbread and Nelson are both running now so are getting closer.

Talked about Cody and how well he''s doing but how there''s a big leap for him from non league to championship

Financial statement due Nov and AGM will probably be Jan 2011

Lambert had quite a lot of banter/fun with journo''s about what they might print tomorrow

He''s not worried about the Cardiff game, watched the game, thinks they have a great team but has complete faith in our team to do a good job.

Talked about Portsmouth and their money troubles and how he didn''t think Cardiff should have been able to have Bellars on loan when they owed loads of money to Motherwell, thought it was wrong.

McNally explained re parachute payments due to Newcastle and WBA, its not being shred out with just championship clubs as we thought, think the premier have a say in where it goes.

Talked about charity collections at the ground and work they do in the community with charities

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That''s about all I can remember of the top of my head as I didn''t take any notes, so if I''ve missed key stuff then others can add it for you.

Think there was only about 95 ish people there tonight which was a bit disappointing, lots of forum regulars missing and where were ncisa committee members tonight, can''t remember the last fans forum when they didn''t have anyone in attendance to represent them.

[/quote]

Can anyone elaborate on this point? I was under the impression that the sharing of parachute payments from promoted clubs was set in stone.