Sign in to follow this  
Captain Fantastic

Ipswich's Cup Run.

Could play in our favour with there quarter final being just a few days after the derby game, if they get a glamour tie, could they take there eye off the Sunday game and have one eye on the cup quarter? Think it could help us nicely. Thoughts?

I hope they (and other Championship clubs) get as far as they can in any competition.

More games equals more injuries/suspensions, and more opportunity for us to make a real impact in the league.

Ipswich won''t win it anyway, so as far as I''m concerned, they can win as many League Cup matches as they like before they get a royal thumping when they finally face a proper out-fit.

[quote user="PL"]Could play in our favour with there quarter final being just a few days after the derby game, if they get a glamour tie, could they take there eye off the Sunday game and have one eye on the cup quarter? Think it could help us nicely. Thoughts?[/quote]

I think it could play in our favour too especially if they get drawn away to maybe Wigan ( that would be their longest journey ), get a few bookings, a few injuries , a red card and get home tired and well thrashed [:)]

Yes, someone of Blackburn''s ilk would be more than suitable given that you''ve played the mighty Crewe, Millwall and Northampton thus far.

You never know, the Ipswich first team might handle a Premiership side better than Norwich reserves did...

[quote user="bluemike"]Like Blackburn you mean ?
[/quote]

Hurrah, Blue Mike is back. Seems to melt away after periods of defeat , only to come rushing back after ITFC defeat the mighty Northampton.

Didn''t realise the game was the week of the Derby, when''s the next round draw anone know?

Good name as well Graham Paddons Beard :)

it would be nice if they could go on to win it then we wouldnt here the crap about 1978 fa cup win or the 1984 euafa cup or our old manager won the world cup .

I think Norwich have every chance of soundly beating Ipswich twice this year, I really do.

We''ve waited a long time to get back into it - and this time we arrive with a terrific manager, a competent squad and an ever-growing number of fans who back their team every week - home and away. Confidence is high and I can hardly wait!

We''ll start with a nice warm-up game against Leeds the week before - and we''ll do well in that one too...

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]it would be nice if they could go on to win it then we wouldnt here the crap about 1978 fa cup win or the 1984 euafa cup or our old manager won the world cup .[/quote]

????!!!????,  Oh yes I''ll be dancing in the streets !!!!???. Are you joking?.

Be careful what you wish for , after that draw today -WBA at home, who have already openly admitted that the League cup is low priority, they could easily be in a two-leeged semi -final, who knows what could happen then?, especially if the 2nd leg is at home to i.e Birmingham?

I  don''t want these b*stards anywhere near a Wembley final.....mickey mouse cup or not.

Will be a tough game for them, loads of yellow cards to maybe send one of them onto the magic number of 5 and loads of injuries [:)]

They will be disappointed they didn''t get a plum draw against Arsenal or Man Utd [:D]

On the other hand they will be looking at this draw thinking they have a fantastic chance to reach the semi finals.

I know we are all staunchly Norwich fans but you would have to have your strongest yellow and green tinted specs on to say we would not like to be in the cup quarter final against WBA like they are.

If I am honest, I really do rate Ipswich. I believe they actually have a better squad that us, and a decent manager (at times). I guess all of our aclaim has to go to Lambert, because I genuinely don''t think our squad is as good as our league position suggests, he just makes them work oh so well. [Y]I do think we will beat them at CR, but it could well be a different story at PR.

Would any of you swap places with Ipswich? 4th in the league against 13th in the league and cup quarter-finalists? I''m happy with us being where we are at the moment.