Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Cardiff v NCFC match chat thread

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"]Sorry but Lambert has got the formation wrong.

No way in hell I would allow Bellamy the space and time on the wing and only have to beat one man.

With their midfield the last thing you want is Hoolahan being pushed off the ball, getting bossed about.

Needed to be tighter early on, would have played 4-4-2 with Korey on the right and Fox in the middle. Give them a bit more of a battle and more people for the likes of Bellamy to try and dance past.[/quote]A very sensible post from you for once Chicken... [Y]We are short on the ground of players who can put their foot in.  That is always likely to hurt you agaisnt a team with the likes of Bellamy, Whittingham, Olofinjana, Burke, Bothroyd and Chopra.[/quote]Are you suggesting a flat midfield of Smith, Crofts, Fox & Lappin?That perhaps might stop Cardiff in open play, particularly on the break but it''s lacking in any sort of threat in the other direction.I personally would have gone in with the diamond that has been so successful on the road so far this season but like at Forest I would have flattened it with Smith/Lappin going wide to double up on Burke/Bellamy and at least offer us some sort of threat to Cardiff with Hoolahan on the break.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"]Sorry but Lambert has got the formation wrong.

No way in hell I would allow Bellamy the space and time on the wing and only have to beat one man.

With their midfield the last thing you want is Hoolahan being pushed off the ball, getting bossed about.

Needed to be tighter early on, would have played 4-4-2 with Korey on the right and Fox in the middle. Give them a bit more of a battle and more people for the likes of Bellamy to try and dance past.[/quote]A very sensible post from you for once Chicken... [Y]We are short on the ground of players who can put their foot in.  That is always likely to hurt you agaisnt a team with the likes of Bellamy, Whittingham, Olofinjana, Burke, Bothroyd and Chopra.[/quote]Actually disagree with this. From what i have heard we have been the better side and conceded two sloppy goals.

[quote user="Largey"]HOOLY HEADER??!! COME AGAIN????[/quote]

[:O]Really? Well i''ll be....

Accidental hand ball and the referee gives it... FFS! Just after we scored a thoroughly deserved goal and stood a chance of coming back into the game.

Yeah - hands up!

Take back some of what I have said. I still think that at times Hoolahan can be as dangerous to us as he can be to them. When he is really on song, he is brilliant.

Damn, ref has just given a pen. Not our day at all. Sounds like 60% posession to us and then three goals from them from three chances.

[quote user="Henry"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="chicken"]Sorry but Lambert has got the formation wrong.

Needed to be tighter early on, would have played 4-4-2 with Korey on the right and Fox in the middle. Give them a bit more of a battle and more people for the likes of Bellamy to try and dance past.[/quote]A very sensible post from you for once Chicken... [Y]We are short on the ground of players who can put their foot in.  That is always likely to hurt you agaisnt a team with the likes of Bellamy, Whittingham, Olofinjana, Burke, Bothroyd and Chopra.[/quote]Actually disagree with this. From what i have heard we have been the better side and conceded two sloppy goals.[/quote]Yes we may have been the better team Henry.  But against a team with the undoubted quality that Cardiff have you can''t be giving them a 2 goal/3 goal start.  We are short of ball winners and despite all our good play you feel that Cardiff might score each time that they come forwards.You need to make things more difficult for them in my opinion and we are far too lightweight in our midfield in the majority of games this season.Up against a midfield of Cardiff''s quality those defensive frailties are likely to be highlighted.There is far more to picking up points against real quality teams than playing pretty football.

[quote user="city till i die"]i really cant believe we are losing this, if we play like this we are a match for anyone in this league....[/quote]

Doesn''t matter, we need to take our chances, the sooner we get another target man the better.

Completely understand what you are saying Smudger. The way we are playing we have nullified Bellamy and Burke to a certain extent, and most before the game would have said that their main threat would come from the wings.

I''m not going to get too downhearted, they are a good team, with a lot of expensive players. But as the season goes on they will suffer injuries like every team, and lady luck won''t shine on them for the whole season.

The end of the season is a long way away yet, so it ain''t over until the rather cuddly lady sings, and I ain''t singing yet lol